Doesn't This Justify Jason Peter's Holding Out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Doesn't This Justify Jason Peter's Holding Out???

You know what, Peters had a reason to be pissed and demand more money.

He was the best olinemen on the team and he was getting paid considerably less than Dockery and Walker. This team is a JOKE in how much money they threw at Dockery. I wonder if this whole situation would have played out differently had the Bills not been so inept at finding Olinemen in the draft and had to overpay for FA's. Now the decisions come full circle. We'll throw money at Walker and Dockery and cut them both after finding out worthless they are, but the one guy who has proven to play when not disgruntled and has made 2 pro bowls is traded away and treated like a villain.

Now I know Peters was being a baby about everything and wanted a lot more money than maybe he was worth...but aren't we paying a BOATLOAD more money than theyre worth to players like Schobel and Kelsay currently? This FO just makes no sense when it comes to player evaluation and locking up the wrong players. I'm surprised that we didn't lock up Trent when he had that huge game in KC last season. Name one move that this FO has made that has really made a huge positive impact. (Besides TO, and for his case, it's only been P.R. driven impacts thus far)

Seriously, does this team seem more interested in smoke and mirrors to appease fans or are they seriously interested in bringing in talent and going to the Super Bowl? Based off of the past however many years (Bringing Marv in as GM, bringing Price back as a #2 WR, overpaying for Olinemen, firing Schonert, etc, etc...) I'd say the former.
    Last edited by raphael120; 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Doesn't This Justify Jason Peter's Holding Out???

He had a good reputation (within the league). Last year he was terrible. I think he let more sacks by on the left side than any LT
    Last edited by JD; 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

No, this actually has nothing to do with Peters holding out. Thanks for trying, tho.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• raphael120
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        He had a good reputation. Last year he was terrible. I think he let more sacks by on the left side than any LT
        its obvious he wasn't trying, he was burning the team and he didn't care.

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
          No, this actually has nothing to do with Peters holding out. Thanks for trying, tho.
          Actually it does, but thanks for you adding so much to the discussion.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            • Apr 2008

justify? no.

knew his value to the team? hell yeah.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

good logic as to why peters would say what he says...and after seeing dockery and walker thrown out, it justifies his claim. but i don't think he was going to be good for us. i think this complaint is going to routinely happen with him.

i am just stunned that they needed this week to make these heavy decisions. sometime in february and april would have been good times to make these decisions.

I wonder what wood and levitre are thinking now. "holy crap. this is all on us now."

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                My IQ Test results came back negative
                • Oct 2002

Your still on the jason peters thing?

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone was opposed to a raise for him.

But nothing ever justifies dogging it on the field. When a player does that, I don't care what his reasons are. I want him gone.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• raphael120
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                    I don't think anyone was opposed to a raise for him.

But nothing ever justifies dogging it on the field. When a player does that, I don't care what his reasons are. I want him gone.
                    I think the whole entire organization is dogging it.

Watch the LIONS have a better record than us this season. Book it.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

I think they are now getting rid of all the trash they got from previous regime, for me it is a tough but a good start. Here we come 2010!
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                        Actually it does, but thanks for you adding so much to the discussion.
                        No, cutting Walker today has zero bearing on if Peters' holding out was justified at the time - even if you agree that it was justified (which I do not).

This front office makes a lot of dumb moves. Paying Walker so much was certainly one of them. That does not in the least justify the hold out.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

Comment

• raphael120
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                          I think they are now getting rid of all the trash they got from previous regime, for me it is a tough but a good start. Here we come 2010!
                          There's still dumpsters of trash at the top that need gone before we worry about anything else.

Modrak, Guy, and Jauron.

Comment

• raphael120
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            No, cutting Walker today has zero bearing on if Peters' holding out was justified at the time - even if you agree that it was justified (which I do not).

This front office makes a lot of dumb moves. Paying Walker so much was certainly one of them. That does not in the least justify the hold out.
                            Just one thing to consider...was Walker being paid more money at RT than Peters was at LT? And the Bills just decided that he wasn't worth it.

That's why it's relevant...

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                              Just one thing to consider...was Walker being paid more money at RT than Peters was at LT? And the Bills just decided that he wasn't worth it.

That's why it's relevant...
                              It's only relevant if you think that the Bills not paying Peters justified his holding out. I don't feel that it did. It may have *caused* it, but that's a different thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X