PDA

View Full Version : You guys gave up on JP after 26 starts...

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Trent has had 23. Why does he get 39 without question?

OpIv37
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
seems to me that plenty of people are questioning Trent.

But, honestly, JP had Holcomb backing him up, and while I've never been a fan of Holcomb, he's better than Hamdan or Fitzy. No one else on our roster is a legitimate starter either- might as well turn it over to Trent and hope for the best (but expect the worst).

Mr. Pink
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Ok, so in 3 more starts, what do you want, Fitzpatrick manning the helm?

Great!

There's nothing better to turn to for the season, hence why he gets the whole year.

Philagape
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Because he's shown much more.

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Because he's shown much more.LOL, huh? Actually, don't bother answering that.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Because he's shown much more.

has he? Losman did throw for 3,000 yards and 19 touchdowns one year. Trent has yet to match that number in a 16 game stretch.

Not saying Im a Losman supporter, I just like stirring the pot.

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok, so in 3 more starts, what do you want, Fitzpatrick manning the helm?

Great!

There's nothing better to turn to for the season, hence why he gets the whole year.I would say starting Fitz would be about equal to starting Trent after a good showing or two when JP was injured. Actually, I would think it was actually even more logical. Trent better not have to come out for a play with craps (or cramps), or his NFL career may be over.

Typ0
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
JP would always do one good thing and five bad things. TE might not be as flashy but he has gotten the job done better than JP ever did...and his win percentage reflects it. The problem is TE needs to step it up a knotch to beat the better teams and we haven't seen him take that step yet. But JP was just plain bad decision bad and a cocky jerk so full of himself he was never going to learn.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
He's got a winning record on a ****ty team. Is that good enough?

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:23 PM
He's got a winning record on a ****ty team. Is that good enough?It wasn't good enough being one of the best players on an even ****tier team, so no.

BTW, QBs don't compile records. Teams do.

SquishDaFish
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Awesome posting yordad :clap:

JD
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
He's got a winning record on a ****ty team. Is that good enough?

ZING!

:clap:

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Wins and losses for one. Also losman couldn't evencomplete the dink and dunk. Ton of games of being 7-19 for 79 yards. Losman's gone. Trents declining and we are on a crash course for 1-15. Do we reallyneed to hear about losman?

YardRat
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I gave up on JP before 26 games...pretty sure, anyway.

He sucked...period...and we've all been over 'why' many times.

I'm guessing if Trent were cut by the Bills tomorrow he'd have a few choices to pick from and not forced to find employment in a fourth-rate nobody league.

ddaryl
09-08-2009, 08:50 PM
our only hope if Trent stinks it up is the 2010 draft. Might as well let Trent steer the ship and hope it comes togther

I still holdout hope that with AVP and TO Trent will turn the corner

but with the Walker debacle he'll turn the corner and probably end up in 10 pieces

Typ0
09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I gave up on JP before 26 games...pretty sure, anyway.

He sucked...period...and we've all been over 'why' many times.

I'm guessing if Trent were cut by the Bills tomorrow he'd have a few choices to pick from and not forced to find employment in a fourth-rate nobody league.

the lick festival never ends though...and it's always them that bring up the name too and then other people will be bashed for pointing out how pathetic he was at QB. That's what he was here too, pathetic. Hey, Ryan Leaf lit things up in WASH last year didn't he?

Mr. Pink
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
It wasn't good enough being one of the best players on an even ****tier team, so no.

BTW, QBs don't compile records. Teams do.

Best players?!?

He was so good he's playing where now?

Exactly.

B-DON
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Is this going to be a yearly topic? I thought we were over jp. The guy isnt even in the league anymore

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Is this going to be a yearly topic? I thought we were over jp. The guy isnt even in the league anymore
people talk about Flutie vs. Johnson... so I bet this will continue for the next decade.

TacklingDummy
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
You guys gave up on JP after 26 starts...
My math says JP had 33 starts.

BidsJr
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM
RJ at least hung on as a backup.

Prov401
09-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Well, we did trade 2 first round picks to Dallas in order to take Losman in the first round.

A first round QB is expected to produce within 3 years, which JP had. He sat one behind Bledsoe, and started from there-on, losing his job to Holcomb on and off before being supplanted by Trent permantley last year.

So, to answer the question, most of us gave up on J.P because he was a first round pick, and was supposed to be a gifted QB, with what Ron Jaworski called, the "most mechanically gifted QB taken in the 2004 NFL draft", lol. Oh, a draft that also included Ben Roethlisberger (2 rings), Eli Manning (1 ring), and Phillip Rivers (solidified franchise QB), so Jaworski was deffinitley wrong on that assesment.

Also, in every game that I can remember J.P playing, he always found ways to throw the ball low, and into the ground. He had a nice deep pass, I'll give him that. The reason why Trent gets more time is, well, this is his 3rd year, he is deffinitley more mechanically sounded than J.P was, thus he shows more potential than J.P. Honestly, I rooted for J.P when he did good, and I rooted for Trent when he did good. Bottom line, I like whoever gets this team W's, and J.P never really did.

Philagape
09-08-2009, 09:45 PM
has he? Losman did throw for 3,000 yards and 19 touchdowns one year. Trent has yet to match that number in a 16 game stretch.

If it were about numbers, you'd have a point. This isn't fantasy football.

Jaybird
09-08-2009, 09:46 PM
If it were about numbers, you'd have a point. This isn't fantasy football.

Even in fantasy he blows, all those fumbles

Philagape
09-08-2009, 09:50 PM
And maybe it's better put in that JPUFL showed less. He was a field ****** and a walking disaster area, and almost everyone knows it, and that's why he's no longer in the NFL.
His blunders blow away anything good he did. Out of his last 12 games over two-plus years, only one was good. That's why people gave up on him. He sucked consistently. At least Edwards has sucked only part-time.
A greater percentage of nutjobs think 9/11 was an inside job than think JPUFL was worth sticking with.

Dr. Pepper
09-08-2009, 09:51 PM
i used to be super high on trent, but all hes shown in the past year is that hes a pussy when it comes to throwing downfield. hell i could check down and dump it off to lynch/jackson every play.

Hemlepp53
09-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Dont stir the Pot BillsWin... We need the **** to Sink....

Screw Losman..... Trent is an Up Grade. Plus if I am not mistaken the year Losman had his best season 2006 with Price, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Royal, McGahee

Trent has a far better team around him in regards to weapons in 2009 season. There is no reason why he shouldnt have a break out season ... outside of the O Line failure....

Cleve
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Only this team could be so mismanaged as to waste 3 seasons with Losman at the helm, a guy who apparently isn't even good enough to stay in the NFL, with any team.

If anyone needs an example as to why Losman isn't in the NFL, and why he was such poison for the Bills, just remember his epic failure in the Toronto game last season.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2008/12/14/jp-losman-single-handily-keeps-jets-in-first-place/

Sports writers, like the author of the article above, puzzled over the inanity of Buffalo keeping him on their roster so long. Much like many sports writers who scratch their collective heads as to why Jauron has been kept for a 4th season, after 3 losing seasons back to back, and a record setting meltdown by a 5-1 team last season.

When is someone going to be amazed at something good this team does, either on the field or in the front office?

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
i thought about it some more yordad, and i realized, "losman should be kept on this team of losers. he absolutely fits in by being a waste of talent, uncoachable and a career loser."

you win, yordad.

yordad
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
My math says JP had 33 starts.He did. But you all gave up on him when he was injured by wilfork cheap shot.

yordad
09-09-2009, 11:29 AM
i thought about it some more yordad, and i realized, "losman should be kept on this team of losers. he absolutely fits in by being a waste of talent, uncoachable and a career loser."

you win, yordad.What did I win?

The Juice Is Loose
09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
JP is in the UFL and was the laughing stock of the league his entire tenure. People would make JP Losman jokes when talking about bad QB play.

If we cut/waived or whatever Trent, I guarantee he'd be signed by another NFL.

32 out of 32 teams passed on JP within the last 2 months. Whereas Trent gets lots of positive reviews from experts such as Ron Jawarski and Jon Gruden.

more cowbell
09-09-2009, 11:38 AM
jp losman plays in the UFL. case closed

yordad
09-09-2009, 11:40 AM
This Thread is about Trent. JP is an example. So far I heard that we should give Trent more time because he was a third rounder. Now personally, I would think that doesn't matter at all.

Plan and simple, if he doesn't stop looking completely lost out there, all of you will be calling for Fitz by week 3.

DMBcrew36
09-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Dude, he won't make it to 39 this season. His whole football career has been marred with injury. This offensive-line is going to get completely handled by opposing defenses and Edwards is going to take a serious beating. We have a converted basketball player rookie covering his blindside. I pray im wrong, but he is going to get hurt if they can't protect him.

It's going to be the Fitzpatrick show sometime this season and I'm very concerned it'll be sooner than later. Like I said, I pray I'm wrong.

justasportsfan
09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Still trying to compare whose crap stinks more. They both stunk up the place.

The excuses for both qb's apply to both of them. The very excuses made for JP and also being used right now for Trent.

Bill Cody
09-09-2009, 12:24 PM
If Trent stinks he stinks and we're screwed. Stop bringing JP up it's too depressing JPSDAD

trapezeus
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
sadly i think the only joy that is going to come out of this season of fall football is watching JP fail in the UFL and watching yordad and the 3 other JP fans make more excuses.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Trent is the better QB, it's been established. Neither are in the upper echelon of QBs in the game, but Trent has the ability to manage and even take over games at times.

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
With JP you could clearly se he had no chance of getting better. Trent still manages the game better, and if you compare time of possesion from the JP years and the Edwards years Edwards is the clear winner. Which means Edwards was better at keeping the O on the field a little longer which also benefitted our D some.

Right now with Trent their is still a ray of hope. I see no intelligent reason to bench him for Fitzpatrick to start the season. If he sucks we draft his replacement next year, and Fitz will get a shot before years end.

yordad
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Sports writers, like the author of the article above, puzzled over the inanity of Buffalo keeping him on their roster so long. Exaggerate much?

yordad
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
sadly i think the only joy that is going to come out of this season of fall football is watching JP fail in the UFL and watching yordad and the 3 other JP fans make more excuses.How am I making excuses? And, excuses for what?

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Nothing like a good old JP debate, those were the days.

yordad
09-09-2009, 02:56 PM
With JP you could clearly se he had no chance of getting better. Trent still manages the game better, and if you compare time of possesion from the JP years and the Edwards years Edwards is the clear winner. Which means Edwards was better at keeping the O on the field a little longer which also benefitted our D some.

Right now with Trent their is still a ray of hope. I see no intelligent reason to bench him for Fitzpatrick to start the season. If he sucks we draft his replacement next year, and Fitz will get a shot before years end.I would like to see those stats you are referring to. The last I checked, JP drives had more plays per drive.

I think Justa nailed it. If JP was bad, then so is Trent. I am not saying we should go sign JP.

TheBrownBear
09-09-2009, 03:05 PM
i used to be super high on trent, but all hes shown in the past year is that hes a pussy when it comes to throwing downfield. hell i could check down and dump it off to lynch/jackson every play.

Exactly. He's not even near the same player now that he was early last year. Watch tape of the San Diego and Jax games from last year and then watch tape from his last 10 starts (including preseason). It doesn't even look like the same player. Something happened to him (concussion, the Cleveland first-half debacle, ?) that just destroyed him as a player. He needs to turn it around...and quick. Because the Trent Edwards we've seen lately doesn't have a future in this league.

YoungEz
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
You realize JP could not cut it in COLLEGE let alone the pros, if you watched him than you knew he wasn't going to be anything.

I always hated losman cuz I thought he was a joke in college but atleast I hoped he would succeed with the bills cuz I am a bills fan

edited for personal attack...play nice. ~shelby

Bill Cody
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Right now with Trent their is still a ray of hope.

That's it in a nutshell. It could go either way with Trent. He has to survive the first 8 games of so until our green as grass line starts to get it. I'm hoping some how some way we're 4-4 at the mid way point. If Trent gets hurt again or looks gun shy this will be the end for him. What I'm looking/hoping for is fairly steady progress. At the end of the year hopefully he's gotten "it" and the line will also. That's it. As for that brainless out of the league fumblemachine I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Albany,n.y.
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
sadly i think the only joy that is going to come out of this season of fall football is watching JP fail in the UFL and watching yordad and the 3 other JP fans make more excuses.
I can't wait for the 1st JP screwed by Fassel after he is benched in favor of Tim Rattay.

yordad
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
sadly i think the only joy that is going to come out of this season of fall football is watching JP fail in the UFL and watching yordad and the 3 other JP fans make more excuses.What excuse is being made for JP?

Typ0
09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
What excuse is being made for JP?

Nothing yet...but when he doesn't get it done it will be someone elses fault. It just hasn't gone wrong yet.

yordad
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Trent is the topic. Trent and the QBs relationships with finicky fans. Trent was "the future" all of zero games ago. I can see people turning already after a couple preseason quarters.

I am just saying, after a couple more games, he will have hit about par for the post Kelly course. Rob Johnson got 30. Todd Collins got 28. Would you have preferred I said one of them?

Bill Cody
09-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Trent is the topic.

That's funny there's a QB mentioned in your thread title but it's not Trent.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Trent will do just good enought to keep us hoping and keep the FO from drafting a real QB

then its another 5 years of crap

yordad
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM
That's funny there's a QB mentioned in your thread title but it's not Trent.Try and follow along. JP is the example. Not complicated. You must have not understood my short reply entirely. Or maybe you didn't get past the first sentence? Because it was pretty clear.

Jan Reimers
09-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Every situation is different, so you can't really make a straight "number of games" comparison.

But I would say if Trent doesn't show considerable progress this year, we need to look elsewhere for a QB.

Bill Cody
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Try and follow along. JP is the example. Not complicated. You must have not understood my short reply entirely. Or maybe you didn't get past the first sentence? Because it was pretty clear.

You LOVED JP even though he did/does/will blow. And you can't wait to tag Trent as a failure. Yeah I think I'm following along pretty well.

yordad
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
You LOVED JP even though he did/does/will blow. And you can't wait to tag Trent as a failure. Yeah I think I'm following along pretty well.I can't wait to tag Trent as a winner. But, your lack of comprehension isn't surprising. I am not a finicky fan, for the most part. I have assessments, and I trust them. And, they will not be swayed by something you claim you read, writen by someone who knows less.

Bill Cody
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
I can't wait to tag Trent as a winner. But, your lack of comprehension isn't surprising. I am not a finicky fan, for the most part. I have assessments, and I trust them. And, they will not be swayed by something you claim you read, writen by someone who knows less.

:lolabove:

yordad
09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
:lolabove:This is all fairly ironic too Mr. Drew fan. :lolabove:

Typ0
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Every situation is different, so you can't really make a straight "number of games" comparison.

But I would say if Trent doesn't show considerable progress this year, we need to look elsewhere for a QB.

I was going to put a similar comment up last night but decided not to bother .... at some point this whole JP thing has got to go away but notice what camp it was that brought him up again. I'm starting to wonder if in 50 years everything is still going to be compared to JP in this organization.

As far as my comment. JP Played for five years. The licking position is that his first year "doesn't count" because he never saw the field. The non-lick position realizes that shoud have been an opportunity to work on his mental midget problem. It's unreasonable to just discount that time in an NFL system since his only problem was in the head anyway.

PECKERWOOD
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I was going to put a similar comment up last night but decided not to bother .... at some point this whole JP thing has got to go away but notice what camp it was that brought him up again. I'm starting to wonder if in 50 years everything is still going to be compared to JP in this organization.

As far as my comment. JP Played for five years. The licking position is that his first year "doesn't count" because he never saw the field. The non-lick position realizes that shoud have been an opportunity to work on his mental midget problem. It's unreasonable to just discount that time in an NFL system since his only problem was in the head anyway.

When are we going to learn? It isn't about taking the sexy pick every year, we need to build up a great line so any QB can come in here and be successful. If we bomb it and are picking in the top 10, we need to go with the franchise left tackle. I'd like to see a line that can dominate any defensive line, good teams can consistently run the football in this league unless you have a true specimen at QB, which I don't see in next year's draft.

yordad
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM

As far as my comment. JP Played for five years. The licking position is that his first year "doesn't count" because he never saw the field. The non-lick position realizes that shoud have been an opportunity to work on his mental midget problem. It's unreasonable to just discount that time in an NFL system since his only problem was in the head anyway.So, now it is years? Like QBs are never successful in their third, or something?

Typ0
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
When are we going to learn? It isn't about taking the sexy pick every year, we need to build up a great line so any QB can come in here and be successful. If we bomb it and are picking in the top 10, we need to go with the franchise left tackle. I'd like to see a line that can dominate any defensive line, good teams can consistently run the football in this league unless you have a true specimen at QB, which I don't see in next year's draft.

This is just placing blame somewhere else again. I don't see JP succeeding behind a good line. In fact, he was supposed to be mobile and able to make plays ... but he was mobile and unable to process information well enough to make plays. I agree about the lines though they need to become a position of emphasis and I'm very upset about the current status of our lines. They've gone from not enough emphasis or just plain bad personel decisions to way too much enphasis on "growing" them instead of having something viable there for this season.

Typ0
09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
So, now it is years? Like QBs are never successful in their third, or something?

again with the apples and oranges to rationalize JP is somehow a superhero disguised as a mental midget.

The Popcorn
09-11-2009, 11:23 AM
32 NFL teams have given up on Losman.

Typ0
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM

but he's a superhero because yourdad says so.

djjimkelly
09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
maybe JP will finish his UFL stint then ........ LOL

resign with bills then trent gets benched

BTW im only kidding but id like to see it

The Popcorn
09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
but he's a superhero because yourdad says so.

When has he ever been right?

djjimkelly
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM

incorrect listen to a losman interview after signing with ufl

he said he could have been a back up lots of places

HOWEVER........

he said playing time was most important to him to show what he can do

and do u blame him schonert said no competition last year(now hes gone)

JP never got a fair shake here im not arguing about it its just fact

i hope the kid does well and resurfaces in the nfl

and btw hes making over a million for 8 games this year

much better then even 1.5 for 16 as a backup

yordad
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
When has he ever been right?Every time I said somehting bad about you. :idunno:

yordad
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
but he's a superhero because yourdad says so.Way to but words in my mouth. This isn't a JP thread. Again, not hard to understand. Maybe I should simply it specifically for you.

How many starts do you want to give Trent if he continues to look completely lost and unproductive? When will you be saying "Well, we know isn't effective, so lets move on to Fitz, the unknown"?

Typ0
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Way to but words in my mouth. This isn't a JP thread. Again, not hard to understand. Maybe I should simply it specifically for you.

How many starts do you want to give Trent if he continues to look completely lost and unproductive? When will you be saying "Well, we know isn't effective, so lets move on to Fitz, the unknown"?

Sorry, but JPs name appears before TE in this thread. Enough said about that and who it's about. You are perpetuating the JP myth.

As far as your question goes, In many fewer games I've already seen TE look better than JP ever and I've seen JP look lost and unproductive in at least half of the games he played in. We've seen better things from TE already! That doesn't mean he's going to make it though and answering your question is situation like Jan said. If TE was lost out there for six weeks I'd say bench him. I don't see that happening though.

The Popcorn
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
incorrect listen to a losman interview after signing with ufl

he said he could have been a back up lots of places

HOWEVER........

he said playing time was most important to him to show what he can do

and do u blame him schonert said no competition last year(now hes gone)

JP never got a fair shake here im not arguing about it its just fact

i hope the kid does well and resurfaces in the nfl

and btw hes making over a million for 8 games this year

much better then even 1.5 for 16 as a backup

I doubt anybody would pay him that kind of money to be a backup in the NFL. He wasn't that good. He wasn't that good in college and he played against some very bad college teams. He couldn't cut it at UCLA, which is why he transferred to Tulane.

djjimkelly
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Way to but words in my mouth. This isn't a JP thread. Again, not hard to understand. Maybe I should simply it specifically for you.

he gets this year

if he fails im sure its the end of jauron

then new coach and i pray new (real) gm draft a qb

The Popcorn
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
This isn't a JP thread.

Why is he mentioned in the title?

trapezeus
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
JP is done with the NFL. He will not be back in the NFL. Here's why.

1. HE won't stun anyone in the UFL. If he plays capably, GM's will look at 4 years of mediocre play that decayed over 8 games of playing inferior college players.
2. He is past that age of being a young QB. So no one is going to roll the dice on a guy who failed his way out of the league with a great tape in the UFL over a guy who is 22-23 coming out of a good program. You'll get 2-3 years as the GM as your team struggles. you put your eggs in the losman basket, he'll have to match his UFL numbers immediately, and no one in their right mind would make that bet with their job on the line.
3. He has certain contract expectations from an NFL contract. Even as a back up. He'll be guaranteed a certain figure. With the uncapped year next year and then a potential lockout...no one is going to sign an expensive back up for one year.
4. Once the lockout ends, whenever that is, JP is on the wrong side of the age period for a QB. Sure a Djjimkelly and Yordad can argue that Kerry or Todd Collins became better after 30, but again, find me a GM who would be making a bet with his own job by making JP a starter. I doubt it'll happen.
5. Assuming that JP will take a backup spot only (and that his courting teams that supposedly exist) and is cheap enough for a team, what team looks at his tape last year where he wasn't connecting on short passes and lost a game that was already won and says, "yes, he's our backup?" I still think you go with a young unknown with something to prove and able to learn than a guy that had the role, blew it in incredible fashion, and most likely will do it again.

JP is off to the UFL, and he aint coming back to the NFL anytime soon. The numbers and the faith people would have to put in him back just doesn't exist.

As for the Trent angle on this....he's slowly going to JP route, but he's won games. He leads come from behind victories. He has had complete games that show that he moves the chains. That's why he gets this year, and that's why if the bills cut him, he'll still get another shot. It's easier to believe the bills mismanaged a guy who won over a guy who got mismanaged but also had severe personal deficiencies that make people skeptical that he would ever change.

Bill Cody
09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Why is he mentioned in the title?

:shutup:

yordad
09-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Why is he mentioned in the title?And, it is clear that that is as far as you managed to read. :handball:

yordad
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry, but JPs name appears before TE in this thread. Enough said about that and who it's about. You are perpetuating the JP myth.

As far as your question goes, In many fewer games I've already seen TE look better than JP ever and I've seen JP look lost and unproductive in at least half of the games he played in. We've seen better things from TE already! That doesn't mean he's going to make it though and answering your question is situation like Jan said. If TE was lost out there for six weeks I'd say bench him. I don't see that happening though.Apology accepted. And, nice you you to answer the question after 4 pages. Maybe I should have just simplified the question to begin with.

:snicker:

justasportsfan
09-11-2009, 12:03 PM
JP is done with the NFL. He will not be back in the NFL.

JP is off to the UFL, and he aint coming back to the NFL anytime soon. .

backpedal ?

yordad
09-11-2009, 12:04 PM
JP is done with the NFL. He will not be back in the NFL. Here's why.

1. HE won't stun anyone in the UFL. If he plays capably, GM's will look at 4 years of mediocre play that decayed over 8 games of playing inferior college players.
2. He is past that age of being a young QB. So no one is going to roll the dice on a guy who failed his way out of the league with a great tape in the UFL over a guy who is 22-23 coming out of a good program. You'll get 2-3 years as the GM as your team struggles. you put your eggs in the losman basket, he'll have to match his UFL numbers immediately, and no one in their right mind would make that bet with their job on the line.
3. He has certain contract expectations from an NFL contract. Even as a back up. He'll be guaranteed a certain figure. With the uncapped year next year and then a potential lockout...no one is going to sign an expensive back up for one year.
4. Once the lockout ends, whenever that is, JP is on the wrong side of the age period for a QB. Sure a Djjimkelly and Yordad can argue that Kerry or Todd Collins became better after 30, but again, find me a GM who would be making a bet with his own job by making JP a starter. I doubt it'll happen.
5. Assuming that JP will take a backup spot only (and that his courting teams that supposedly exist) and is cheap enough for a team, what team looks at his tape last year where he wasn't connecting on short passes and lost a game that was already won and says, "yes, he's our backup?" I still think you go with a young unknown with something to prove and able to learn than a guy that had the role, blew it in incredible fashion, and most likely will do it again.

JP is off to the UFL, and he aint coming back to the NFL anytime soon. The numbers and the faith people would have to put in him back just doesn't exist.

As for the Trent angle on this....he's slowly going to JP route, but he's won games. He leads come from behind victories. He has had complete games that show that he moves the chains. That's why he gets this year, and that's why if the bills cut him, he'll still get another shot. It's easier to believe the bills mismanaged a guy who won over a guy who got mismanaged but also had severe personal deficiencies that make people skeptical that he would ever change.I didn't bother reading this. After the first sentence it was clear that is a different topic. This thread is about how long you will want the Bills to remain committed to Trent if he continues to be completely unproductive.

trapezeus
09-11-2009, 12:06 PM
my apologies, Justa...it was just using a common phrasing. he isnt coming back to the NFL ever.

justasportsfan
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
my apologies, Justa...it was just using a common phrasing. he isnt coming back to the NFL ever.

Only time will tell. Flutie, Hasselbeck, Moon and Garcia came back from other leagues.

yordad
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
my apologies, Justa...it was just using a common phrasing. he isnt coming back to the NFL ever.And, what if he does. Are you going to eat a hat?

trapezeus
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
you'll know where to find me...i'll fess up to being wrong.