PDA

View Full Version : Source: Walker move all about money....

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I heard it was all about money. :ill:

Check my record, my sources have been spot on thus far.

hydro
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
:link:

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I heard it as well. It was on ESPN. Ralph was quoted as saying "I own that town, and they'll take what I give them".

TigerJ
09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Here's what I figure: The Bills decided that Demetrius Bell is the real deal and close enough to being ready that he wouldn't be any worse than Walker, who isn't a very good left tackle. The Bills think Brad Butler is probably as good a right tackle as Walker and did not want to relegate him to the bench. That left them with the option of keeping Walker as a very high priced bench warmer, or dumping him. Obviously, their plan has for at least a week been to cut Chambers in a calculated risk to try and get something for Walker. With no takers, they bit the bullet (dead cap money) and dumped Walker.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Here's what I figure: The Bills decided that Demetrius Bell is the real deal and close enough to being ready that he wouldn't be any worse than Walker, who isn't a very good left tackle. The Bills think Brad Butler is probably as good a right tackle as Walker and did not want to relegate him to the bench. That left them with the option of keeping Walker as a very high priced bench warmer, or dumping him. Obviously, their plan has for at least a week been to cut Chambers in a calculated risk to try and get something for Walker. With no takers, they bit the bullet (dead cap money) and dumped Walker.

3 million for s starting RT or LT. That's some big money. Maybe the team needs to move.

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
:link:I got people.

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I am not a capologist, but they are now 35 million+ under the cap by my calculations.

ddaryl
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
can this franchise get any frigggin sadder.

WHy are we being kicked in the nuts like this.

yordad
09-08-2009, 08:45 PM
can this franchise get any frigggin sadder.

WHy are we being kicked in the nuts like this.I blame my parents. :ill:

Wittman21
09-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Walker's cap hit is still 4.5 million i think...or somewhere around there...b/c of the bonuses

TigerJ
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
3 million for s starting RT or LT. That's some big money. Maybe the team needs to move.3 million is very reasonable for a starter, but pricey for a bench warmer, which I think the Bills coaching staff decided he was going to be if they hadn't cut him.

patmoran2006
09-08-2009, 09:03 PM
This wasnt a money move. The Bills are not making cuts at this point based on money.

If that's the case, then why was Copeland Bryan cut in favor of the underperforming Chris Kelsay. The Bills could've saved more money by cuttin kelsay and keeping Bryan than they did by cutting Walker and bringing back Chambers.

patmoran2006
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Walker's cap hit is still 4.5 million i think...or somewhere around there...b/c of the bonuses
it is.. the Bills didnt save money on the cap.. They did however, pocket about $3 million.

Though it was not about money-- at least that is what I've been told.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2009, 09:08 PM
This wasnt a money move. The Bills are not making cuts at this point based on money.

If that's the case, then why was Copeland Bryan cut in favor of the underperforming Chris Kelsay. The Bills could've saved more money by cuttin kelsay and keeping Bryan than they did by cutting Walker and bringing back Chambers.

Maybe Ralph is a racist. At this point nothing would shock me.

All I know is that 3 million for a guy that plays either LT or RT better than Chambers or Butler is a good deal.

When one of these guys goes down, and they will, than what?

TacklingDummy
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
My sources tell me 4-12.

patmoran2006
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Maybe Ralph is a racist. At this point nothing would shock me.

All I know is that 3 million for a guy that plays either LT or RT better than Chambers or Butler is a good deal.

When one of these guys goes down, and they will, than what?
Did you actually watch the games this preseason with this "new look" offense?

Jonathan Scott was playing better than Walker.

Maybe its the Bills fault for screwing with him by moving him to LT, and I don't fault Walker for that.. But was as bad as any OL on this team, and you don't pay $3 million to benchwarmers. They like Bell and Butler outperformed him.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
your source may say it was about the money, but my own two eyes and mind tell me that, though money may be part of it, he also sucked this whole summer and has never been more than average at best.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
My source told me the thread starter obviously didn't watch any of the preseason games.

Walker was easily the worst offensive lineman on the field in the games I saw.

patmoran2006
09-08-2009, 09:15 PM

By the way, though it is very likely just some good natured, "friendly fire" at me with the thread title. That's cool.. Don't blame ya.

However, It's not like I am the least bit surprised by this move...

From Saturday, posted at 1:15PM

"
You heard this here first-- I think Langston Walker is in big trouble.

The injury to Bell may have been the only thing that's saved his job.

If the Bills feel Demetrius Bell is ready to take over at LT, I think Walker is getting cut.. No way they are paying Walker to be a multi million dollar backup."
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=178882

yordad
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
it is.. the Bills didnt save money on the cap.. They did however, pocket about $3 million.

Though it was not about money-- at least that is what I've been told.Pat, I respect your opinion and all, and you have some good info at times, but if it really was about money, do you think that is what you really would have been told?

I mean, you can't possibly think Russ and Ralph are walking around talking about the "whys", especially if money is why.

My guy also says Kelsey has some incriminating info on Dick, that is how he manages to stay.

yordad
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
My source told me the thread starter obviously didn't watch any of the preseason games.

Walker was easily the worst offensive lineman on the field in the games I saw.Yep. The same guy who watched all last year, and seen that Walker was significantly better then Butler on the right.

You must have missed that.

yordad
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I'll ask you guys this,

Do you think their were players in the locker room thankful to see Langston cyt cut, and Chambers come back? Do you think Trent was happy about that?

Mahdi
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Did you actually watch the games this preseason with this "new look" offense?

Jonathan Scott was playing better than Walker.

Maybe its the Bills fault for screwing with him by moving him to LT, and I don't fault Walker for that.. But was as bad as any OL on this team, and you don't pay $3 million to benchwarmers. They like Bell and Butler outperformed him.
I like Scott A LOT. I think he has a chance to beat out Butler as a starter. He is a very good athlete and was highly regarded coming out of college.

jamze132
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't think the Bills released him strictly for financial reasons. I don't think they would have had any problem paying him if he could play LT.

The Juice Is Loose
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM

stupidest f'n post ever.

source: yordad has no sources.

check out my record i'm spot on,.

yordad
09-09-2009, 03:08 PM
stupidest f'n post ever.

source: yordad has no sources.

check out my record i'm spot on,.Don't be jealous. :balloons:

The Juice Is Loose
09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
that post was all about money my source says so

Ed
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I'll be honest, I really haven't paid any attention to Walker's performance this pre-season, but I find it very hard to believe that he can't even crack the top 8 O-lineman when he looked like our best O-lineman for most of last season. If he played like garbage though this pre-season then so be it. He didn't really seem to have the right attitude for LT anyway.

My guess is that it was a combination of both performance and money, not either one strictly over the other. If Walker were cheaper, I bet he'd be a back-up on this team over Chambers. I don't think they would have cut Chambers and tried to trade Walker if they really thought he was the better player. But who really knows. Let's just hope Bell is the next diamond in the rough for us.