What if they had traded Parrish? Why not get rid of the whole roster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

What if they had traded Parrish? Why not get rid of the whole roster?

Can we really be above the minimum Cap? Really who's eating up the money? This is insane.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: What if they had traded Parrish? Why not get rid of the whole roster?

They would've traded Parrish long ago, had they been able to get value in return.

Unlike Rhodes or Walker however, Parrish has TREMENDOUS special teams value and for that reason alone, they werent going to just cut him and receive nothing.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      They would've traded Parrish long ago, had they been able to get value in return.

Unlike Rhodes or Walker however, Parrish has TREMENDOUS special teams value and for that reason alone, they werent going to just cut him and receive nothing.
      Surprising that our FO knows that much

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Does Parrish have TREMENDOUS value though?

Honestly ask yourself that.

Teams can go out and get returnmen as undrafted rookie FAs.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

I posted a thread the other day, Parrish was being shopped around final cut time. There hasn't been much more news on the topic so I doubt he gets traded before
          MNF against the Pats. but this is the third time Parrish has either been offered to other teams or has requested a trade himself and he has yet to be moved.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
            I posted a thread the other day, Parrish was being shopped around final cut time. There hasn't been much more news on the topic so I doubt he gets traded before
            MNF against the Pats. but this is the third time Parrish has either been offered to other teams or has requested a trade himself and he has yet to be moved.

This tells me one of two things...

Either there is no interest in Parrish league wide

OR

The Bills overvalue him in trade talks

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              Does Parrish have TREMENDOUS value though?

Honestly ask yourself that.

Teams can go out and get returnmen as undrafted rookie FAs.
              yes he does, at least to Buffalo. That's why he and his inflated salary wasn't cut outright, even though he's a 5th WR, and likely a 6th when Hardy gets back.

The reason? Parrish offers the Bills a return advantage, and when your offense is as ridiculously in shambles as this one, that alone is reason enough to keep him.

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Seems the bills always overvalue **** talent and give away great talent for ****

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  yes he does, at least to Buffalo. That's why he and his inflated salary wasn't cut outright, even though he's a 5th WR, and likely a 6th when Hardy gets back.

The reason? Parrish offers the Bills a return advantage, and when your offense is as ridiculously in shambles as this one, that alone is reason enough to keep him.

We have other players on this roster who can return kicks and punts?

We've seen McGee, McKelvin, Fred Jackson, Lankster has promise.

If Lankster can return kicks and punts, why bother keeping Roscoe around anymore?

And yes, that's purely a financial decision. But gives me money to go play elsewhere and bring in talent that helps on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.

I've laid it out in other threads, so I won't go into a full blown out discussion. However, Roscoe and all his values adds 5 yards over league average on punt returns.

Is that really worth what he's being paid?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    We have other players on this roster who can return kicks and punts?

We've seen McGee, McKelvin, Fred Jackson, Lankster has promise.

If Lankster can return kicks and punts, why bother keeping Roscoe around anymore?

And yes, that's purely a financial decision. But gives me money to go play elsewhere and bring in talent that helps on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.

I've laid it out in other threads, so I won't go into a full blown out discussion. However, Roscoe and all his values adds 5 yards over league average on punt returns.

Is that really worth what he's being paid?
                    he was never worth the money to begin with. He's proven he can't handle a WR load.

having said that, he's paid what he's paid.. We've already "saved" plenty of money, and gaining whatever we'd save by cutting him isn't worth it.

So worth it or not, he's our best PR, and especially considering how brutal our offense is, that's an advantage we cant afford to lose.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

If Hardy is healthy by week 6, I could see Parrish getting traded right at the deadline to free up a roster spot.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

parrish's value is in this first game as he has returned a TD for the last couple years, where called back or not in the first game. after monday night, cut him. i trust pretty much anyone who can catch a ball to return kicks for decent yardage in the bobby april system

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

roscoe parrish sucks hairy testicles. i hope they trade him for a turkey breast. that's about all he is worth. i would much rather see steve johnson in the game rather than his tiny ass.

Comment

Working...
                          X