PDA

View Full Version : 2-14??

Ebenezer
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't know if it will get that bad but I don't see more than 4 wins. :down:

OpIv37
09-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I could see it. I honestly think that the absolute ceiling for this team is 7 games. If we get all the breaks and every off-season moves works out, we STILL only have enough talent to win 7. And at this point, 2 is a hell of a lot more likely than 7 (although the most likely outcome is somewhere in-between, probably 5 or 6).

Hemlepp53
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
EB.... Why? What gives you this feeling? 4 wins ... ouch

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 10:15 PM
who does 2-14 get us in the draft?

jk. 10-6 folks. 10-6.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM

A franchise LT.

Prov401
09-08-2009, 10:20 PM
No way we go 2-14. I think anywhere between 6-10, and 9-7 is what we are going to get this year.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 10:51 PM
A franchise LT.

Are any QBs worth the top pick?

coincidentally, out of the big three (McCoy, Bradford and Snead) who would you pick for the Bills?

I think Bradford or McCoy would be excellent QBs in Buffalo. I know Snead would do well also, but I would pick one of the first two if it were me.

What is your opinion?

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Are any QBs worth the top pick?

coincidentally, out of the big three (McCoy, Bradford and Snead) who would you pick for the Bills?

I think Bradford or McCoy would be excellent QBs in Buffalo. I know Snead would do well also, but I would pick one of the first two if it were me.

What is your opinion?

Snead and its not even close.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Snead and its not even close.

really? I guess Im just caught up in the big twelve hype, because I covered the conference for four years.

I am surprised. enlighten me, what would he bring to the Bills?

Mr. Pink
09-08-2009, 11:04 PM
I like Colt McCoy best out of the QBs.

And yes, we'll have the ability to draft him.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I like Colt McCoy best out of the QBs.

And yes, we'll have the ability to draft him.

any one of them would make the Bills better. I was just wondering what makes Snead DB's favorite.

I like the two guys out of the big 12 and would love Bradford on the Bills. McCoy or Snead would make me excited for next season too.

I mean, this is all a bit early to be talking draft and having a top 5 pick, but if we pick in the top 10 or top 5, I want a QB.

billsTOfan
09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I see Buffalo at 7-9 at worst.I don't see it at all at 2 wins. That is crazy. Week 2 is a guaranteed win. Tampa is brutal.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 11:10 PM
really? I guess Im just caught up in the big twelve hype, because I covered the conference for four years.

I am surprised. enlighten me, what would he bring to the Bills?

Arm strength, pocket poise, and he's the most advanced at reading defenses of the big three.

McCoy's numbers are outrageous but they are misleading. His throws are rarely longer than 7 yards, and while he can go deep, the ball will flutter on him.

Bradford has good size, but I dont like his leadership, I question if he's the true leader of that OU team and his mechanics to me are a little off. He lacks the athleticism of McCoy or Snead and his arm strength is just kinda meh.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Arm strength, pocket poise, and he's the most advanced at reading defenses of the big three.

McCoy's numbers are outrageous but they are misleading. His throws are rarely longer than 7 yards, and while he can go deep, the ball will flutter on him.

Bradford has good size, but I dont like his leadership, I question if he's the true leader of that OU team and his mechanics to me are a little off. He lacks the athleticism of McCoy or Snead and his arm strength is just kinda meh.
thanks for responding.

I have to argue about Bradford's leadership. Although Ive been on the sidelines of OU games and I've gotten to hear him both on the sidelines and in the huddle (when they huddle) and I have seen it in his play as well.
he has a surprisingly commanding presence even though he looks like he is 12 sometimes.

His arm strength is "meh" as you say, but he can throw deep better than McCoy in my opinion.

and you cant argue that he isnt talented or intelligent.
he is really smart and a standup kid. screams Buffalo.

So I guess I would pick Bradford, Snead then McCoy. but you are slowly bringing me around to Snead, Bradford then McCoy.

Like I said, anyone of those QBs would help us win football games.

DraftBoy
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
thanks for responding.

he has a surprisingly commanding presence even though he looks like he is 12 sometimes.

and you cant argue that he isnt talented or intelligent.

he is really smart and a standup kid. screams Buffalo.

I have to argue about Bradford's leadership. Although Ive been on the sidelines of OU games and I've gotten to hear him both on the sidelines and in the huddle (when they huddle) and I have seen it in his play as well. His arm strength is "meh" as you say, but he can throw deep better than McCoy in my opinion.

So I guess I would pick Bradford, Snead then McCoy. but you are slowly bringing me around to Snead, Bradford then McCoy.

Like I said, anyone of those QBs would help us win football games.

I dont really want any of them in the draft though, Snead is just my top choice. I dont like many of the QB's this year at all. At least not so far.

BillsWin
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
like I said though, I havent watched Snead and was with the Big Twelve up until January so I have some bias.

Ill have to watch Snead closely this year. especially if the Bills are sucking it up.

trapezeus
09-08-2009, 11:34 PM
2-14 will really get us the best DB ever. finally. i think we've really let that position slip the last couple years. then we just have to rotate Whitner to DE, and then sign all our ST players and we can have the optimists tell us that we are 0-0 and just a couple breaks away from pay dirt.

I would hate this team if i didn't love them so much.

Michael82
09-09-2009, 12:32 AM
I gotta be honest, I am usually as optimistic as they come and I'm even starting to see a 5-11 team. :ill:

One offseason of hope went down after a training camp and pre-season from 10-6 to 5-11 for me. :ill:

mchurchfie
09-09-2009, 12:36 AM

jk. 10-6 folks. 10-6.
It doesn't matter. As long as Moldrak and Co are in the FO even if we got the #1 pick in the draft they would **** it up.

mchurchfie
09-09-2009, 12:38 AM
As long as Jauron is coaching you could give him the Pats roster and he would still end up with a losing record. I say 4-12 is very realistic considering, our coaching, talent on the roster, and the strength of our division.

MassEffect218435
09-09-2009, 01:36 AM
A franchise LT.Already had one of those, traded him away to the Eagles.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2009, 07:58 AM
I don't know if it will get that bad but I don't see more than 4 wins. :down:

say hello to 1984.

trapezeus
09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
i don't know about you guys, but i am going to take a huge sigh of relief when we win our first game.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2009, 08:45 AM
i don't know about you guys, but i am going to take a huge sigh of relief when we win our first game.

we may be in the spirit of the Holidays when that happens. :ill:

Ebenezer
09-09-2009, 10:27 AM
It doesn't matter. As long as Moldrak and Co are in the FO even if we got the #1 pick in the draft they would **** it up.
I think I said that numerous times when TD was here and people wanted him fired but boy did I take flak because people thought TD was the problem...as I said back then, TD did a fantastic job as a President. He may have made two bad moves in the football department but his job was bigger than that. Instead of throwing out the bathwater and trying again we simply got rid of the nurse giving the bath.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Already had one of those, traded him away to the Eagles.

Ahhhh rats, so true.

Ebenezer
09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Already had one of those, traded him away to the Eagles.
but the trade was of somebody who didn't want to be here.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
but the trade was of somebody who didn't want to be here.

That's crap, he just wanted a pay raise, which he deserved.

psubills62
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey I'd love to pick up a franchise LT in the first, a good DT or DE in the second and Daryll Clark in the third or so ;)

Ebenezer
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
That's crap, he just wanted a pay raise, which he deserved.
Pay raise, yes...what he was demanding, no.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Pay raise, yes...what he was demanding, no.

Two time pro bowler, stood out in every role that we put him in. He deserved top 5 money at his position. Put yourself in his shoes, you're a smart guy. Imagine being one of the best at your job and your employer brings in two people that aren't as good as you at what you do and pays them more money than what you're getting. It's a sad sight to see, it's unbelievable that we paid Dockery & Walker big bucks before we paid Peters his money.

MassEffect218435
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
but the trade was of somebody who didn't want to be here.Because the team screwed him around for two years. Either way you look at it, the FO is responsible for the Peters situation going to crap. Oh well, I'm over it, it just sucks that you basically had a franchise LT given to you. Most teams have to spend a first round pick, sometimes multiple first round picks before they find that guy. Peters just fell in your lap and the Bills drove him out of town. Everyone around him was being paid, but the Bills continued to ignore the guy.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
We gave 49 million dollars to Dockery & 25 million dollars to Walker, that money should've went to Peters. I guess it doesn't make sense to ***** about it now, it's just disappointing, he was one of my favorite Bills.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
2-14
I can see it.
we get sweept in the East again... I can feel it.

Ebenezer
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Because the team screwed him around for two years. Either way you look at it, the FO is responsible for the Peters situation going to crap. Oh well, I'm over it, it just sucks that you basically had a franchise LT given to you. Most teams have to spend a first round pick, sometimes multiple first round picks before they find that guy. Peters just fell in your lap and the Bills drove him out of town. Everyone around him was being paid, but the Bills continued to ignore the guy.
He wanted to be the highest paid LT in football to play here...he is not the best LT in football. He wasn't coming in for anything less.

DraftBoy
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Guys it really doesnt matter now, Peters is no longer a Buffalo Bill, arguing about it is pointless.

MassEffect218435
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
He wanted to be the highest paid LT in football to play here...he is not the best LT in football. He wasn't coming in for anything less.It depends on who you ask, Andy Reid, who knows a thing or two about great OL's thinks he's the best OL in the game. Mouse McNally who also knows a thing or two about OL's called him the most dominating player he's seen since Munoz.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
He wanted to be the highest paid LT in football to play here...he is not the best LT in football. He wasn't coming in for anything less.

Top 5 money would suffice, I'm sure it would have. It's just another case of Buffalo letting their best players get away from them, good franchises don't let their best guys walk, it's just mindless.

chernobylwraiths
09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
It depends on who you ask, Andy Reid, who knows a thing or two about great OL's thinks he's the best OL in the game. Mouse McNally who also knows a thing or two about OL's called him the most dominating player he's seen since Munoz.

I was very happy when the Bills signed McNally to coach our line. We never had a very good line under him, even with the great Peters.

The logic you guys use seems very convoluted. We had Peters under contract for several years, he wanted a raise and held out to get it after seeing what Dockery and Walker got. Other players who wanted a raise came to camp and got raises. Peters finally comes back and says he won't hold out again. He ends up having a very sub par year, but the Bills still agree to renegotiate. Peters then says he wants to be the highest paid tackle and will hold out if he doesn't get what he wants. Now, the Bills have shown that they are willing to negotiate while under contract (Schobel) and that they are willing to pay a lot of money if need be (Dockery) but now it is all the Bill's fault because we couldn't get Peters to sign? Peters DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE! That is about it. Peters was very good when he had to work to get himself noticed. Once he started hearing/reading about how great he was/would be, he started doing poorly and becoming a malcontent. Good riddance.

DMBcrew36
09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
6-10

I think TO and his presence (pulling double-teams off Lee and opening the run game) will win Buffalo a game or two.

No TO and we're 4-12.

billsburgh
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
will that be in November or December?

Bill Cody
09-09-2009, 12:14 PM
You whiny beotches are all apparently going to be rich. If you all feel this strongly open an online account and drop 1k on the under for the team's season wins. Vegas has the over/under at 7.5. Should be a lock, no?

TheBrownBear
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I think we're looking at 2 to 4 wins. I've predicted three wins, but I could honestly see less.

If Edwards somehow reverts to (and consistently stays at) the form he showed at the beginning of 2008, then I think this could be an 8 to 10 win team. I'm just real down on Trent at this point. It's make or break for him this season.