X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

This Season

In years past I have been one of those romantic, optimistic types when it came to the Buffalo Bills. I remember the years when Kelly, Thomas, Talley, Reed, and Smith would find a way to win games that seemed impossible and they are fond memories. But those memories are fading and perhaps even faded at this point. We are a team with no direction, no cohesion, and from what I can see, no leadership. Sadly we have been in this state for 10 plus years and during that time I had almost always either found or fabricated a reason to be excited about the upcoming season. Don't misunderstand, this is not a post in which I am making a rash declaration about rejecting my status as a fan or leaving the zone, or anything as drama queen as that. I am however at a point that no matter how excited I want to be about this season, the events that have taken place over pre-season have dulled down my enthusiasm to the point of non existence. This isn't even to say I disagree with the firing of Schonert or the releasing of Rhodes and Walker. However, the timing of these decisions leads me to believe that those in leadership truly don't understand how to field a winning team. Now granted, Turk wasn't getting it done, and despite what everyone is saying about Rhodes, neither was he. But two weeks before we play the Patriots? Speaking of the Pats, there is no question in my mind that this game will be the Bills lie detector test, at least in part. I say in part because I'm not convinced that the pats are the same monster they have been in the past, but a scary enough monster nonetheless. So Monday night is judgment day for the Bills as a whole, but most especially for a specific few. If we lose and lose badly I wouldn't be surprised to see Jauron cut that following Monday. I'm not into crazy predictions, but considering the weirdness that has already transpired, it really wouldn't be that crazy.
    But as in years past I will fire up the deep fryer, tune into the games, and watch the drama unfold. Personally think its going to be one giant mess... a mess I've become all too familiar with over the last decade, but a mess that I will deal with over buffalo wings and message board arguments. Here's to next years top draft pick or the biggest surprise in NFL history.
Working...
X