PDA

View Full Version : Might we intend to re-sign Walker?

Bruce is Loose
09-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Walker is used to our system, had success at RT last year, and could at a minimum back up the LT spot. Perhaps we have intended to release him and resign after the season starts. That way, we would not be responsible for his entire salary if he did not make the roster the entire season, and maybe we re-sign for a more reasonable amount of money (in FO's opinion)? Perhaps Walker is even aware of this plan and has the same intent... have we heard of him visiting with anyone else?

mybills
09-09-2009, 08:22 AM
No tanked, we're supposed to give up already. :D

patmoran2006
09-09-2009, 08:22 AM
He's not coming back here.

I'm sure there will be interest in him over the nextday or two. Trying to find out some info now.

X-Era
09-09-2009, 08:24 AM

I'm sure there will be interest in him over the nextday or two. Trying to find out some info now.

Do me a favor, try to get some nfo on where SD stands on Merriman... rumors are flying that he may be traded.

Scumbag College
09-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Bring him in!

Canadian'eh!
09-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Merriman will go to a 3-4 team i'm sure.... If he even gets moved.

Too many new 3-4 teams need that elite pass rushing OLB.

X-Era
09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
More fuel for the Merriman fire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Merriman-s-Chargers-status-unclear?urn=nfl,188255

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/08/merriman-downplays-distraction-talk/?chargers

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
If I were Merriman, I'd want out of SD too. Norv Turner is one of the few coaches in the NFL who is worst than Dick Jauron.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 10:22 AM

I bet he signs early next week so his deal is not guaranteed. Nobody will sign him this late in the week only to have him inactive on Sunday anyway.

Bruce is Loose
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I bet he signs early next week so his deal is not guaranteed. Nobody will sign him this late in the week only to have him inactive on Sunday anyway.
Exactly - but is there any reason it COULDNT be us that resigns him in a week?

thenry20
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Walker is used to our system, had success at RT last year, and could at a minimum back up the LT spot. Perhaps we have intended to release him and resign after the season starts. That way, we would not be responsible for his entire salary if he did not make the roster the entire season, and maybe we re-sign for a more reasonable amount of money (in FO's opinion)? Perhaps Walker is even aware of this plan and has the same intent... have we heard of him visiting with anyone else?

Wow this post doesn't even make sense. If the release was part of a salary purging, what makes you think he'll take an EVEN BIGGER paycut than the one that was supposedly offered to him before the pink slip was deposited in his locker???

The only way I see him even contemplating re-signing is if he has ZERO STARTING offers from other teams in the next few weeks.

Typ0
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM

I thought of this. Honestly, it's the only scenario that I could make sense of except that the entire bills organzization is just a bunch of *******s. It's not that he's sitting home waiting to come back though. They would have talked to him about the pay cut and mutually decided to let him test the market for his services before he took a pay cut here. Now I could see that and it would be a decent way of doing business.

Typ0
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow this post doesn't even make sense. If the release was part of a salary purging, what makes you think he'll take an EVEN BIGGER paycut than the one that was supposedly offered to him before the pink slip was deposited in his locker???

The only way I see him even contemplating re-signing is if he has ZERO STARTING offers from other teams in the next few weeks.

How do you know it would be a bigger paycut?

casdhf
09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
No chance.

Albany,n.y.
09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
On WGR thsy were saying that he was not a good locker room guy & the general attitude in the locker room after he got cut is good riddance.
He's not coming back.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
On WGR thsy were saying that he was not a good locker room guy & the general attitude in the locker room after he got cut is good riddance.
He's not coming back.

Wouldn't it be great if our buffalobills beat writer would report this stuff and kill some controversy.

The funny thing is that he was lamenting today about Bryan on his blog. First time I've seen him grow a pair. Maybe he's getting cut.