PDA

View Full Version : Stark reality or journalistic hyperbole

northernbillfan
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
To me it seems like picking on the Buffalo Bilsl and their fans has become a major pasttime from many journalists. I was adding news to the Zone's front page (http://www.billszone.com/) this morning and came across this article that looks like it was written by a junior journalist slaggin on the Bills and what the organization has done to their fans.

My question is how correct is he in this article and are we suckers for punishment these many, many years as fans?

It can't be easy being a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Bills fans eat, sleep and breathe football, worshipping the ground that their Bills walk on. Every Sunday, Buffalo fans flock to Ralph Wilson Stadium - or the local bar should it be an away game - and dish out whatever heart-felt support they can muster.

Yet the Bills organization have made it their personal trademark to bring up the hopes of their legions of followers only to come crashing down as only the Buffalo Bills can. And they do it time and time again.

Take a look at last season for example: does 'four and oh' ring any bells? What began as a season of such high hopes turned into a dismal 7-9 outing where the Bills found themselves winning only three of their last 12 games and finishing at the very bottom of the AFC East. And here I thought that it was supposed to be 'their year'?

Linky (http://media.www.brockpress.com/media/storage/paper384/news/2009/09/08/Sports/The-Press.Box.Buffalo.Bills.Losing.Since.1960-3765283.shtml)

northernbillfan
09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
After re-reading this article, he's only writing about what he reads. We true fans know the reality that this season is going to be dismal.

But we'll still cheer LOUD and PROUD every Sunday.

justasportsfan
09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
The only thing I am looking forward to with this team is that of a spoiler role. I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

16-0 Billieve

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
The only thing I am looking forward to with this team is that of a spoiler role. I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it.

16-0 Billieve

I'll enjoy it...even if it kills me! I look at it this way...if they win and make the playoffs, I'm happy because they are successful. If they suck and pretty much stink up the joint, then Dickey is gone and I will be VERY happy! It really is a win-win situation for me!

Mad Bomber
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I'll enjoy it...even if it kills me! I look at it this way...if they win and make the playoffs, I'm happy because they are successful. If they suck and pretty much stink up the joint, then Dickey is gone and I will be VERY happy! It really is a win-win situation for me!

Same here.

Another thing I'll be looking forward to is seeing people post on this board based on real games rather than preseason.

northernbillfan
09-09-2009, 01:24 PM

16-0 BillieveThat's the spirit we all should enter the season with and I for one have that same spirit.