• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

If the Bills lay a goose egg in the 1st 2 games

Then I will apologize to all of you for being so positive.

I just can't give up this soon and never have. Even with the major last minute changes, I just can't.

It's not like Turk was gonna all of a sudden pull his head out of his butt.
    It's not like Bell didn't practice at all in camp, or didn't play any preseason games at all, or that they purposely waited till the last week to make him the starter.
    It's not like he was recovering from some kind of surgery for the last two weeks.
    A sore back isn't such a big deal, even though it was enough to make the FO put their decision on hold. They wanted to make sure he was ok, which he is, so I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it.
    It's also not like T.O. has forgotten how to play. He's ready to go. And it's not like we only have him & Lee for weapons.
    I love our RB's, don't you? Do you need a LT to run the ball up their gut?

Finally, I have never cared what anyone thinks about me, so I certainly don't care what anyone thinks about my team. Some of you give me the impression that you are easily embarrassed by this team. I don't understand that part of fanhood.

Anyway, I can't wait to see (at least) the first 2 games!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: If the Bills lay a goose egg in the 1st 2 games

Do you honestly think this is a playoff team?

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Did I say that?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
        Do you honestly think this is a playoff team?
        do you honestly KNOW for a fact that this ISNT a playoff team? No, you do not, miracles happen every day (it may take a small one for us to make the playoffs, but thats the point!). So if you dont know, why not just be positive until the time comes when we actually do suck and get pounded?

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mybills
          Did I say that?
          No, but from your posting I assume you must think it.

Otherwise you're just arguing that the Bills might not suck as bad as some think. Because without the playoffs, we still suck.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

we are not a playoff team, we are 0-0 team. So I can't tell we are a playoff caliber team right now.

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

No, but from your posting I assume you must think it.
              my point was, don't assume.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                do you honestly KNOW for a fact that this ISNT a playoff team? No, you do not, miracles happen every day (it may take a small one for us to make the playoffs, but thats the point!). So if you dont know, why not just be positive until the time comes when we actually do suck and get pounded?
                What is the point of message boards if not to delve into the moves the team makes and give your opinions on what is to come? Should it be a "delusional fans only" board, where we all just agree with everything the Bills do, and pretend the things that are wrong don't exist?

Some are more pessimistic than others, sure. But they will still cheer as hard on game day. I think there are a lot of people who don't want to get their hopes up again, only to be disappointed. they would rather be pleasantly surprised, than disappointed for the 11th year in a row.

And as for if I know they are not a playoff team. NO. i don't know.

But my experience tells me that lesser talent teams, with bad coaches don't usually pull of 16 game miracles. 1 game maybe... a seasons worth? not likely.

Bad teams usually miss the playoffs. Good teams usually make it. I'm not going to delude my self with "maybe miracles will happen"

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                  Then I will apologize to all of you for being so positive.

I just can't give up this soon and never have. Even with the major last minute changes, I just can't.

It's not like Turk was gonna all of a sudden pull his head out of his butt.
                  It's not like Bell didn't practice at all in camp, or didn't play any preseason games at all, or that they purposely waited till the last week to make him the starter.
                  It's not like he was recovering from some kind of surgery for the last two weeks.
                  A sore back isn't such a big deal, even though it was enough to make the FO put their decision on hold. They wanted to make sure he was ok, which he is, so I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it.
                  It's also not like T.O. has forgotten how to play. He's ready to go. And it's not like we only have him & Lee for weapons.
                  I love our RB's, don't you? Do you need a LT to run the ball up their gut?

Finally, I have never cared what anyone thinks about me, so I certainly don't care what anyone thinks about my team. Some of you give me the impression that you are easily embarrassed by this team. I don't understand that part of fanhood.

Anyway, I can't wait to see (at least) the first 2 games!
                  Good posting. People dont like being fans here. Theyd rather be right then the bills actually win games.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

I'm EXTREMELY embarassed by the Bills. I'll never root for another team, but I would wear a bag over my head if I was ab;e to goto a game this year.

I really can't understand how anyone can have anything positve to say about this team.

We didn't score a single 1st team TD this preseason. I beleive our 1st team Offense crossed the 50 yd line maybe 4 or 5 times top.

Our 1st string 3rd down Defense gave up big plays consistently

Our running game has been anemic all preseason.

We lose players and cut players that should of stayed on the team.

Instead of fixing problems in the offseaosn they wait until preseason is almost over with.

Dick Jauron is still our HC and should have been fired in the offseason. He sucks and that won't change no matter how many times you click your heals and wish it to be true.

Trust me I don't want to be this negative, in fact I was you thelast few years, but out side of signing TO and Maybin looking like he may be a force over the years there isn't much to be postive about. yes we have som eplayers who will be good eventually, but the team proves that it willing to take 3 steps back to save money

I will gladly eat crow, but at this junction I'm pissed off and my anger cannot be squelched by pretending things can be ok. I want to win the superbowl, and that takes an investment by the owner ot do what it takes to build a champion, and if the last 10+ years hasn't convinced you that he has no intention of doing so.. well then good for you. I expect misery this year.

I bet every one of us pessimistic posters would gladly eat a plate of crow and will gladly admit to being wrong if it turns out to be a great season

not holding my breath though
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-09-2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

What is the point of message boards if not to delve into the moves the team makes and give your opinions on what is to come? Should it be a "delusional fans only" board, where we all just agree with everything the Bills do, and pretend the things that are wrong don't exist?

Some are more pessimistic than others, sure. But they will still cheer as hard on game day. I think there are a lot of people who don't want to get their hopes up again, only to be disappointed. they would rather be pleasantly surprised, than disappointed for the 11th year in a row.

And as for if I know they are not a playoff team. NO. i don't know.

But my experience tells me that lesser talent teams, with bad coaches don't usually pull of 16 game miracles. 1 game maybe... a seasons worth? not likely.

Bad teams usually miss the playoffs. Good teams usually make it. I'm not going to delude my self with "maybe miracles will happen"
                      I wasnt criticizing your lack of positivity, I myself have been pretty down on the Bills, this past week especially. I dont think the Bills will make the playoffs, in fact it would take a small miracle as I said before. Its just that at this point, all we can do is sit back and watch as either our teams implodes or manages to entertain us enough for the season to actually be worth it.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                        • Oct 2002

I would be a little more optimistic if we were playing at home, instead of NE, but I agree too. I am excited for the season to start and hoping the Bills show something.

Cutting Turk is looking like a positive and hopefully the players respond.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

What do the play offs and the super bowl have to do with the first 2 games?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

personally i hope we start off real bad, because in my opinion the clouds of doom will have a silver lining, it will allow us to get rid of this coaching staff and hopefully front office
                            otherwise we will be going in circles every year that Skeletor coaches this team he is a loser and emotionless and that is the type of team he puts on the feild
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              personally i hope we start off real bad, because in my opinion the clouds of doom will have a silver lining, it will allow us to get rid of this coaching staff and hopefully front office
                              otherwise we will be going in circles every year that Skeletor coaches this team he is a loser and emotionless and that is the type of team he puts on the feild
                              idk, i think anything under .500 will lead to Skeletor getting jettisoned, or at least i hope so

Comment

Working...
                              X