• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Reasons to not give up on the team

Guys, I understand all your points of view. But the fact of the matter is that I believe in 70%-80% of this roster. I don't think Turk did anything to help us. So I feel like that was a removal of a governer, slowing us down.

Langston, although I firmly disagree with cutting our most experienced linemen, is it really that hard for Butler to do as well at RT or Bell to do as well at LT? Its not probable but its possible.

Here is my list of reasons why we can compete this year:

Marshawn Lynch
    Fred Jackson
    Terrell Owens
    Lee Evans
    Stevie Johnson
    Josh Reed
    Eric Wood
    Andy Levitre
    Jeff Hangartner
    Aaron Maybin
    Aaron Schobel
    Marcus Stroud
    Paul Pozlusney
    Kawika Mitchell
    Leodis McKelvin
    Terrence McGee
    Jairus Byrd
    Nic Harris
    Keith Ellison
    Brian Moorman
    Chris Ellis
    Demitrius Bell
    Brad Butler

All of these guys are going to have something to say about it. If Turk could move us up 5 spots in the rankings on offense in his first year, then I say AVP can do the same. I say, #15-18 overall offensively. I say 10-15 defensively.

I believe in a lot of those guys. And whereas I do agknowledge reason to panic, I'm riding with my Bills. If we lose to New England, you can't even say that it was because of Turk or Langston because YOU ALL expected us to lose that game in the first place.

I think the Bucs and Saints are teams we can beat and this team can be 2-1 to start out with and then get our boy Beast Mode back.

I'll never bet against Marshawn.
  • GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Re: Reasons to not give up on the team

pretty sorry squad.....

bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on most NFL rosters and that's part of the problem. Once Dickless is fired and that old senile fool Wilson drops dead this is what we get.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

All of these guys are going to have something to say about it. If Turk could move us up 5 spots in the rankings on offense in his first year, then I say AVP can do the same. I say, #15-18 overall offensively. I say 10-15 defensively.

I believe in a lot of those guys. And whereas I do agknowledge reason to panic, I'm riding with my Bills. If we lose to New England, you can't even say that it was because of Turk or Langston because YOU ALL expected us to lose that game in the first place.

I think the Bucs and Saints are teams we can beat and this team can be 2-1 to start out with and then get our boy Beast Mode back.

I agree there's a chance we can beat Tampa but the Saints, eh maybe if our D can hold them off but going to be tough but here's a list of reasons don't think we can beat them.

Drew Brees
      Jamaal Brown
      Marques Colston
      Reggie Bush
      Jeremy Shockey
      Will Smith
      Charles Grant
      Sedrick Ellis
      Jonathan Vilma
      Jabari Greer
      Roman Harper

Sean Peyton as HC and Gregg Williams as DC
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 09-09-2009, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

keep drinking the kool aid. this team blows.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

weve got the weapons. but noone to coach them.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2009

the saints are a joke. they can only win at home and didn't make the playoffs last year, either.

marques colston had knee surgery for the 2nd straight year. reggie bush will surely be hurt by week 3 and pierre thomas is SLLLLLLLLLLLOW.

plus their defense is worse than ours.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Guys, I understand all your points of view. But the fact of the matter is that I believe in 70%-80% of this roster. I don't think Turk did anything to help us. So I feel like that was a removal of a governer, slowing us down.

Langston, although I firmly disagree with cutting our most experienced linemen, is it really that hard for Butler to do as well at RT or Bell to do as well at LT? Its not probable but its possible.

Here is my list of reasons why we can compete this year:

Marshawn Lynch
              Fred Jackson
              Terrell Owens
              Lee Evans
              Stevie Johnson
              Josh Reed
              Eric Wood
              Andy Levitre
              Jeff Hangartner
              Aaron Maybin
              Aaron Schobel
              Marcus Stroud
              Paul Pozlusney
              Kawika Mitchell
              Leodis McKelvin
              Terrence McGee
              Jairus Byrd
              Nic Harris
              Keith Ellison
              Brian Moorman
              Chris Ellis
              Demitrius Bell
              Brad Butler

Take all those offensive players off the list. If the offensive line can't protect Edwards (which I'm convinced it can't) or open up a hole for your runningback, then none of your offensive weapons will ultimately matter. The fact is, we have 3 rookies on our offensive line, including an extremely raw one at left tackle who is supposed to protect Trent's blind-side. What a joke.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                Take all those offensive players off the list. If the offensive line can't protect Edwards (which I'm convinced it can't) or open up a hole for your runningback, then none of your offensive weapons will ultimately matter. The fact is, we have 3 rookies on our offensive line, including an extremely raw one at left tackle who is supposed to protect Trent's blind-side. What a joke.
                Maybe AVP will be more in touch with the teams strengths and weaknesses and will call plays that suit their strengths more?

IE Short drops, screens, draws, and maybe some nice run plays?

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

I'm not giving up on the team. I just don't think they're a good team, and I don't expect them to come anywheres near a playoff berth.

but the Bills are the only NFL team I will ever be a fan of, and when/if they move no more NFL for me.

another sucky year and a few more vets will probably demand a trade and FA's will stay away, that's what has me upset
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 09-09-2009, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Maybe AVP will be more in touch with the teams strengths and weaknesses and will call plays that suit their strengths more?

IE Short drops, screens, draws, and maybe some nice run plays?
                    We can't just throw screens all game. The fact is, our line is going to get blown apart by opposing defensive-lines. Edwards is going to be like Carr in Houston in 2004 and 2005 (ok, hopefully not that bad). But he's going to have consistant pressure in his face and on his back. Our run blocking looked worse in preseason than last season, and I thought they were terrible last season. Lynch and Jackson are getting hit at the line-of-scrimmage or earlier. Our rookie playcaller is not going to be able wave his magic wand and overcome these weaknesses.
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-09-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Our defense is going to carry this team, I'm telling you. We have a really special unit, I'll give Fewell and Jauron that much. I like the new defensive line coach as well, Bob Sanders.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                        Our defense is going to carry this team, I'm telling you. We have a really special unit, I'll give Fewell and Jauron that much. I like the new defensive line coach as well, Bob Sanders.
                        We still have no pass rush and mediochre linebackers.
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-09-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          We still have no pass rush and mediochre linebackers.
                          If Schobel returns to form, plus with the addition of Maybin, that problem should be solved.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            If Schobel returns to form, plus with the addition of Maybin, that problem should be solved.
                            if this if that... for the past 5 years all that is heard from Bills fans is 'if this happens the Bills will be good', etc, etc. Time and again it has shown to be a flawed way of thinking. The Bills have shown they do NOT deserve benefit of the doubt.

Schobel looked like garbage against some of the easiest opponents on our schedule last season before being injured. While Maybin shows potential, he hasn't done anything in this league yet. The kid can only play situational downs at this point.
                            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 09-09-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

the saints are a joke.

at least they can score an offensive TD and have coaches who are competent.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X