PDA

View Full Version : Peters and now Bell, is this a FO strategy?

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
This will be the second time that our FO has asked a 7th round pick to UDFA to come in and play LT for us, I'm curious as to if there are ulterior motives for such a bold move. Is it possible that our FO is using this as a ploy to create more draft picks for our team to fill other holes? It's a risky proposition, but would it really surprise anybody to see our FO trade Bell down the line if he becomes a starting caliber LT?

cocamide
09-09-2009, 12:31 PM
If he plays well at LT, he's certainly going to want more money (and deservedly so). If he handles it the right way (the way Evans did), he'll probably get rewarded with a new contract. On the other hand, if he holds out and wants a top contract, he'll probably get traded.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I mean, if they can scheme and coach these guys up to the point that we're a left tackle factory, I wouldn't mind doing this. We got a ton of picks off Peters, the Bell situation strikes me as peculiarly similar in nature.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
This will be the second time that our FO has asked a 7th round pick to UDFA to come in and play LT for us, I'm curious as to if there are ulterior motives for such a bold move. Is it possible that our FO is using this as a ploy to create more draft picks for our team to fill other holes? It's a risky proposition, but would it really surprise anybody to see our FO trade Bell down the line if he becomes a starting caliber LT?

Huh...I think you have too much time on your hands.

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Maybe Bell will respect the fans and be happy with a LT worthy contract and not feel he has to be the highest paid ever..

Maybe just Maybe...

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Huh...I think you have too much time on your hands.

I'm so sorry that intelligent dialogue is too much for your puny brain to handle!!

:cheers:

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm so sorry that intelligent dialogue is too much for your puny brain to handle!!

:cheers:

Once I see some intelligent dialogue and not some made up, fantasyland dream....then maybe we can discuss. Right now, there are just too many garbage threads being started on here and this one qualifies.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Once I see some intelligent dialogue and not some made up, fantasyland dream....then maybe we can discuss. Right now, there are just too many garbage threads being started on here and this one qualifies.

It's hilarious how you troll here and lambaste every post or thread that you respond to. If you are so smart, how about you make some interesting topics for everybody else to discuss? You can't. You have no ideas so you just put everybody else's ideas down.

cocamide
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
If he plays well at LT, he's certainly going to want more money (and deservedly so). If he handles it the right way (the way Evans did), he'll probably get rewarded with a new contract. On the other hand, if he holds out and wants a top contract, he'll probably get traded.

Just as a follow up to this, and to get to your original point. I doubt our staff is heady enough to turn this organization into a left-tackle-producing-machine that allows us to stockpile draftpicks. Peters and Bell being an undrafted FA and a late-round pick that both play LT are just coincidences.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
It's hilarious how you troll here and lambaste every post or thread that you respond to. If you are so smart, how about you make some interesting topics for everybody else to discuss? You can't. You have no ideas so you just put everybody else's ideas down.

Yep, I troll...are you serious or just not that intelligent? Give me something that makes sense and is logically thought out and I will agree and even see your point. Throw out there a garbage thread that is just full of made up crap and I'm going to call you out on it. I don't hate every thread you start, but this one is too far fetched to even discuss.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Yep, I troll...are you serious or just not that intelligent? Give me something that makes sense and is logically thought out and I will agree and even see your point. Throw out there a garbage thread that is just full of made up crap and I'm going to call you out on it. I don't hate every thread you start, but this one is too far fetched to even discuss.

It's fine you don't like my idea but if you were such a man you wouldn't have to put everybody down. You put everybody down because you're not secure with yourself, real men build each other up, not tear each other down. Take a look at the large majority of successful people in the world, very seldom will you find one with a crappy attitude like the one you demonstrate. I must ask, since you can't find a thread worthy of discussion, perhaps you should share your ideas and maybe the rest of the board can give you their input? Just a constructive criticism.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
It's fine you don't like my idea but if you were such a man you wouldn't have to put everybody down. You put everybody down because you're not secure with yourself, real men build each other up, not tear each other down. Take a look at the large majority of successful people in the world, very seldom will you find one with a crappy attitude like the one you demonstrate. I must ask, since you can't find a thread worthy of discussion, perhaps you should share your ideas and maybe the rest of the board can give you their input? Just a constructive criticism.

Seriously, your responses don't make you look intelligent, they make you look foolish. You are at a keyboard telling me what kind of man I am? Seriously?!?! You do realize how stupid that sounds...don't you? I criticize the posts, not the person because I have no idea what kind of person you are...all you are to me is another name on a message board. I couldn't even begin to know what kind of person you are...you could be the president for all I know! I come here to get information on the Bills and to banter back and forth, not to try to make myself seem important or more intelligent then other posters. My feelings are what they are and I will express them accordingly. However, I don't feel I'm in a position to tell anybody on here that they are insecure, not successful in the real world or a bad person in general. That is impossible for anybody to state without knowing a person on a personal basis.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Seriously, your responses don't make you look intelligent, they make you look foolish. You are at a keyboard telling me what kind of man I am? Seriously?!?! You do realize how stupid that sounds...don't you? I criticize the posts, not the person because I have no idea what kind of person you are...all you are to me is another name on a message board. I couldn't even begin to know what kind of person you are...you could be the president for all I know! I come here to get information on the Bills and to banter back and forth, not to try to make myself seem important or more intelligent then other posters. My feelings are what they are and I will express them accordingly. However, I don't feel I'm in a position to tell anybody on here that they are insecure, not successful in the real world or a bad person in general. That is impossible for anybody to state without knowing a person on a personal basis.

This isn't a news website, it's a message board. I've never seen you say anything nice to anybody here, I don't understand why you feel the need to put everybody's ideas down when you have none of your own.

Btw, attitude DOES mean alot in life. It's no wonder that people with great attitudes are typically very successful.

cocamide
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow, this thread deteriorated quickly.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
This isn't a news website, it's a message board. I've never seen you say anything nice to anybody here, I don't understand why you feel the need to put everybody's ideas down when you have none of your own.

Btw, attitude DOES mean alot in life. It's no wonder that people with great attitudes are typically very successful.

If you've never seen me agree with somebody or say something nice, then you obviously don't read very well.

Mahdi
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
You thought McIntyre being a factor in the Rhodes release was insane too didn't you?

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
If you've never seen me agree with somebody or say something nice, then you obviously don't read very well.

See, one insult after the other. What's your problem, man?

mybills
09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they DO have some kind of ulterior motive. Whether that's it or not, we shall see.

bigbub2352
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM
i think it is all about the money and us not wanting to pay top dollar for a starting LT

Mahdi
09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
i think it is all about the money and us not wanting to pay top dollar for a starting LT
Highly doubt it.

And seeing as how almost everyone on this board wanted to see Bell take over for Walker at LT based on him outplaying Walker in preseason, the only question is how much better is Walker than Butler and Scott?

If the coaches feel they are comfortable at RT then what is the use of keeping Walker at his cost. Might as well free up cap space for next offseason.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
The stratetgy is to get lucky that he can perfrom, underpay him, wait til he holds out, and start over.

jamze132
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I highly doubt it is the stategy of OBD to only play LTs who have were undrafted or drafted in the 7th. But I wouldn't put it past this crew.