PDA

View Full Version : T.O. doesn't like the no huddle, jabs Patriots

cocamide
09-09-2009, 01:41 PM
From PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/to-doesnt-like-the-no-huddle-jabs-patriots/

Let the drama begin. (Not saying I think it's a big deal, but like PFT says, it'll get blown out of proportion.)

Mahdi
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
TO likes to talk to his QB between plays about what he sees on the field, the no huddle takes that away from him. Course he doesn't like it.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
When your best player on offense doesn't like the scheme I'd say that's a big problem.

I'm rooting for TO to blow up this team. They deserve it for bringing him in to sell tickets while they had every intention of dismantling the team for a profit.

I hope he's screaming at Jauron on the sidelines.

The Juice Is Loose
09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Well in the 7 plays he ran no huddle he had 20+ yards.

At that rate hed have a career season.

Man IDK about the no huddle. I just feel it'll take away from our run game.

Billz_fan
09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree with T.O.

I don't like it either.

We don't have the talent to pull it off. On the field or the sideline.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
When your best player on offense doesn't like the scheme I'd say that's a big problem.

I'm rooting for TO to blow up this team. They deserve it for bringing him in to sell tickets while they had every intention of dismantling the team for a profit.

I think Sal has shot down the ticket selling reason.

Regardless, the team will be blown up with or without TO.

patmoran2006
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I like the no huddle and I think you guys may be in for a surprise..

But huddle or not, its falling on the OL to block.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I want the Wild Cat, I'm not going to lie. We should be going with what's new, the No Huddle offense is older than half of our posters.

The Juice Is Loose
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I like the no huddle and I think you guys may be in for a surprise..

But huddle or not, its falling on the OL to block.

YOu mean to say the Bills offense might be decent this year?!?!? Blaphemy!

patmoran2006
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
YOu mean to say the Bills offense might be decent this year?!?!? Blaphemy!
I do mean to say that, yes.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I think Sal has shot down the ticket selling reason.

Regardless, the team will be blown up with or without TO.

I didn't see what Sal said but you definately got my curiosity. What did he say?

Pinkerton Security
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I want the Wild Cat, I'm not going to lie. We should be going with what's new, the No Huddle offense is older than half of our posters.

the wildcat is old as well.

justasportsfan
09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
scary part is that if the PAts shut down TO , he will have to make excuses and start blaming people on the team after all his trash talk.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I didn't see what Sal said but you definately got my curiosity. What did he say?

The TO move was the brainchild of Jauron.

Basically, Dick said that if he is in a must win situation, that TO is a way to help produce a winner. So he requested he be brought in.

I think he has this archived on his site (www.salsports.com (http://www.salsports.com)).

If I have a chance, I'll try to find the story tonight. But the TO signing was a Jauron request, as odd as it sounds.

PECKERWOOD
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
the wildcat is old as well.

I had no idea, first time I've heard of it was when Miami started using it under Sporano.

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
TO wasnt brought in for ticket sales or apperal sales... he was brought here to make plays in the Red Zone. He was brought here to fill the slot for BIG STRONG WR .. same reason we drafted Hardy.. Red Zone Presence... TO is a proven TD machine and that is why he is here. The ticket and apperal sales are just a bonus. His signing another season w/ Buffalo will depend on the seasons outcome.

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Basically, Dick said that if he is in a must win situation, that TO is a way to help produce a winner. So he requested he be brought in.

I think he has this archived on his site (www.salsports.com (http://www.salsports.com)).

If I have a chance, I'll try to find the story tonight. But the TO signing was a Jauron request, as odd as it sounds.

First thing Dick did since coming on board that makes Football sense....

HHURRICANE

Thank you.

Edwards said he called Jauron so I'm not sure how it became his idea. Was getting rid of the entire o-line his way of getting the most out of a "must win" situation?

Sorry but Russ Brandon's hand were all over that deal.

Pinkerton Security
I had no idea, first time I've heard of it was when Miami started using it under Sporano.

i mean, they certainly used it in a way the NFL hadnt really seen but from what I've read about it, its basically a variation of the Wing-T offense that has been around a while.

I wouldnt have a problem using it sparingly, I just dont see it be as effective again as the Phins used it last year, as teams can prepare more for it.

HHURRICANE
TO wasnt brought in for ticket sales or apperal sales... he was brought here to make plays in the Red Zone. He was brought here to fill the slot for BIG STRONG WR .. same reason we drafted Hardy.. Red Zone Presence... TO is a proven TD machine and that is why he is here. The ticket and apperal sales are just a bonus. His signing another season w/ Buffalo will depend on the seasons outcome.

Than why get rid of your o-line?

jamze132
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Owens was asked if he had anything special up his sleeve for Monday night.

"No, but I might bring my spy camera out"

:roflmao:

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Walker wasnt our OLine... He was the weakest link with the majority of the experience in the line. He was constantly struggling at LT. I am not saying we should keep him for rotational work on the line but that is a BIG $$$ Hit for a back up.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Than why get rid of your o-line?

Because it was not good enough?

Of all the things they did this offseason, I am not upset that they have gone with a new approach to the O-line and how they are built. The idea of having the heaviest O-line was not working. So they are trying something new.

It might not work and the timing of the Walker move is not good, but I have no problem with getting rid of underacheivers (i.e. Dockery and to an extent Peters) or guys not good enough (Fowler, Preston)

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
TO said nothing wrong. He is speaking from the standpoint of a WR in the offense. He would know better than any of us if it will work out or hinder our sucess. TO is the one guy on that team who I know for sure wants to Win.. not just for TEAM reasons but he has the next few years of his career on the line with his production. If he has a **** season his stock and value drops. I trust in TO more than Trent at this point in the season. He could of blown it up and when asked how he felt he could of said "You tell me how well it worked in preseason. No TDs... several INTs..."

TedMock
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
scary part is that if the PAts shut down TO , he will have to make excuses and start blaming people on the team after all his trash talk.

Also scary is that the Pats brought in Shawn Springs after we brought in TO. Springs has a reputation for shutting down Owens. For some reason he just consistantly matches up well against him. He's had that kryptonite effect on 81 for the last few years.

HAMMER
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
What I will never understand about Jauron is why he tells the media what his intentions are. Shouldn't he just zip it and let people draw their own conclusions.

Pinkerton Security
09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Walker wasnt our OLine... He was the weakest link with the majority of the experience in the line. He was constantly struggling at LT. I am not saying we should keep him for rotational work on the line but that is a BIG $$$ Hit for a back up.

Walker was our most consistent lineman last year. Hes nothing special in run blocking, but was very good in pass blocking. At LT? He may not have been able to handle the speed rushers on the left side, but I'd have stuck him back at RT myself..

RockStar36
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I love the no huddle when it's executed properly and that is the problem with this team.

I can't wait for TO to flip on Jauron and Edwards.

trapezeus
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
wow, i figured that walker would be released, but not before the end of the 2009 season.

I figured Turk wouldn't last, but not before the start of the 2009 season

I figured TO would crack but not before a single game was played....perhaps TO should talk to the board members who tell him to just hang in there. we are 0-0 right now.

thenry20
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't have issues with the no huddle but you need a consistently average D to make it work properly. We don't have that yet.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2009, 02:35 PM

The Wildcat is a variation of the old Single-Wing offenses of the 1930's. It is a lot older than anything else out there.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Because it was not good enough?

Of all the things they did this offseason, I am not upset that they have gone with a new approach to the O-line and how they are built. The idea of having the heaviest O-line was not working. So they are trying something new.

It might not work and the timing of the Walker move is not good, but I have no problem with getting rid of underacheivers (i.e. Dockery and to an extent Peters) or guys not good enough (Fowler, Preston)

I would take

Peters-Dockery-Hangartner-Butler-Walker

over

Bell-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler

any day of the week.

Mad Bomber
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
TO's comments made the front page of Google News.

When is the last time a Bills player's comments did that? Wow, this guy gets scrutinized closely.

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM

I completely agree. This years highlights might just be TO ripping Jauron a new one... :giggity:

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

I beleived that at 1st, but the moves we've made in the offseason and now clearly say something else to me

DMBcrew36
09-09-2009, 02:55 PM
TO has better credentials and more experience than any coach or player on the Bills. It concerns me greatly that he seems to be concerned about the no-huddle. I don't think he would say that he disliked it if he thought the scheme would succeed.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I would take

Peters-Dockery-Hangartner-Butler-Walker

over

Bell-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler

any day of the week.

I take Wood way over Dockery.

The others are debatable, but Wood > Dockery.

dplus47
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Also scary is that the Pats brought in Shawn Springs after we brought in TO. Springs has a reputation for shutting down Owens. For some reason he just consistantly matches up well against him. He's had that kryptonite effect on 81 for the last few years.

i think that reputation is unfounded, but i'll have to look it up. the "sharpie" game where TO autographed the ball and threw it into the stands--i do know he scored at least 1 TD on springs in that game. granted, that was years ago, but i don't think any one guy is shutting TO down. and i say that not as a TO fan, but just as a football fan.

Typ0
09-09-2009, 04:21 PM
What does this have to do with sal? It's an opinion about something that DJ said in a press conference. Frankly, I'm at a point that I think he's full of crap. Do you really believe that dumping Walker "wasn't about the money"? Do you really believe it was DJs call? There are other things in the recent past too. It's becoming more clear to me that DJ is part of the Bills marketing team not their coaching staff.

!Papacrunk!
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
It pains me to defend a Bills player, let alone TO, but he wasn't badmouthing the no-huddle:

Owens was asked if he liked Buffalo's no-huddle approach.

"No, not really," Owens replied. "But I got to deal with it."

Then Owens laughed and explained the up-tempo style can be tough on a receiver. Plus, he missed four of Buffalo's five preseason games because of a sprained toe.

But folks are acting like this is the first sign of a pending Owens blowup.

Observers have been wondering when T.O. was going to become a headache. He still might at some point, but I can confidently say this wasn't it.

"No, it’s all right," Owens said of the no-huddle. "It just gets you a little winded. For myself, I haven't really practiced much the last few preseason games. So I’m still trying to get myself into shape, and that’s coming around.

"We're doing some things in the offense that will help me get in shape a little bit faster than I need to, especially with the upcoming Monday night game. You know, that's part of our offense, and we're looking forward to it.

"I've gotten a taste of it since the OTAs, and I know what to expect. That's sometimes a plus for the offense, especially if we can kind of wear guys down and keep them on the field and don't allow them to make substitutions. It's something we’re looking forward to, and we're going to try it out."

ESPN AFCEast Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2815/reading-or-playing-t-o-works-between-the-lines)

DynaPaul
09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Awesome, at least someone has some fire on this team. We need someone like T.O. to offset the cadaver that we call "Coach".

!Papacrunk!
09-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I've been noticing a lot of doom and gloom, but crap you still have TO. Even with the current o-line, he will still make plays, and what he creates, others will benefit from. Crap, I must have a fever or something, bringing up these pro-Bills things

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Walker was our most consistent lineman last year. Hes nothing special in run blocking, but was very good in pass blocking. At LT? He may not have been able to handle the speed rushers on the left side, but I'd have stuck him back at RT myself..

Agreed. I would of never moved him from RT... but someone felt we had a better option playing RT now. I do not refer to the previous season when gauging this season. Walker was consistant but not a top notch OLineman.... Not his fault he fell victim to the scheme.... thats all....

Hemlepp53
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
TO has better credentials and more experience than any coach or player on the Bills. It concerns me greatly that he seems to be concerned about the no-huddle. I don't think he would say that he disliked it if he thought the scheme would succeed.

DMB... That was my point in a previous posting in this thread. Just couldn't say as sweet.

don137
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
You know what is funny is all the comments by Cheatriots fans. I get a kick out of that fan base. 90% of them barely knew the Patriots existed before they were good. At least Bills fans have supported their team from day one. We may not like what they are doing but we will still cheer them on and never leave them.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I take Wood way over Dockery.

The others are debatable, but Wood > Dockery.

It's Wood over Butler. Wood isn't playing where Dockery was, Levitre is. Levitre needs another year which is what he would have got because we still would have drafted him.

JD
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
“but I might bring my spy camera out though. Tell Belichick I said hello. I’ll see him Monday.” Zing!

..Not gonna lie, I love it :rofl:

Michael82
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I might bring my spy camera out

:rofl: I love that quote!

Jeff1220
09-09-2009, 09:20 PM
FYI, the Wildcat was named after the West Genesee (Syracuse, NY) Wildcats, where Miami's Offensive Quality Control Coach was the head coach. He ran the formation there.

Romes
09-10-2009, 02:01 AM
It pains me to defend a Bills player, let alone TO, but he wasn't badmouthing the no-huddle:

ESPN AFCEast Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2815/reading-or-playing-t-o-works-between-the-lines)

thanking a fins fan makes me feel even worse :ill:

but yeah TO was joking about not liking the offense only because it makes him winded...

poorly executed joke...sure...criticism of the scheme...harldy.

zone
09-10-2009, 07:45 AM
TO is great. It's nice to hear someone answer questions honestly instead of the same corporate fluff responses every single time.

He did not bad mouth anything, he was asked a question and he answered it honestly.