My view before the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

My view before the season

Seriously, other than Copeland Bryan being released, I have absolutley nothing wrong with what has transpired in the last 2 weeks.

Turk was garbage. Garbage gets thrown out. We've had two of our star players (Evens/Edwards), express their concern with our offense throughout the pre-season under Turk. We are'nt installing a brand new system or anything like that. AVP is just going to simplify things, and hopefully get this team into the endzone more often than not.

Walker was fat. Seriously, no other way to put it. He was flat out high priced mediocrity in the pre-season. He knew he was switching over to LT since April, and came into camp 700lbs. I see nothing but a push, or perhaps a bit of an uprade, or for damn sure much more potential at the LT position with Bell starting.

It has been admitted by our dopey head coach that our team did not gameplan for any of the pre-season games at all. Now just so everyone knows, I can't stomach Dick Jauron, or our Defensive scheme (Tampa 2). So with that said, I think it is absolutley moronic not to gameplan in any game, whether it be Pre or Reg season. But, if what he's saying is true, then obviously we can't read too much into the pre-season, other than our coach is stupid.

Terrell Owens played 1 series in the pre-season, and made 2 catches, running sharp routes. To me, he is still a threat in this leauge, and will deffinitley be taking pressure away from Lee Evans, which is a big plus. In that one series againts Tennessee, Buffalo had their best looking drive of the pre-season going, until that overthrown Interception by Trent. So, I really think the T.O will bring alot to this team.

Look, I've been reading a few optomistic threads, and a few burn Orchard Park down threads. I'm just sharing my thoughts over the past few weeks, and honestly, this is football. We have guys on this roster that know how to play football. I'm sure our guys are going to come out and be competitive, and try to win football games. I am optomistic, and I'm not saying we are going to the playoffs, or going to pull off the upset of our decade and beat the Pats on Monday night. I'm just saying that we all wait for this time of year to come around, and we should be grateful and excited for it. Trust me, I hate that our team hasn't made the playoffs in a decade. I hate that Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers beat us in our house back in '03' for a chance to get into the post-season. My heart breaks when I watch that B.S forward lateral in '99'. And the funny thing about it is, all that stuff truly hurts. I swear it's like I have feelings for this team. Honestly, we have talent here, there is no question about it IMO. The coaching is what sucks. But hopefully the talent can get us through this year, and onto better things in the future.

I see Buffalo going anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6, no joke. It's a bit of a wide margin, but we'll see. It all lies in the trenches this year.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: My view before the season

the problem is the timing. Smart teams are capable of taking out the garbage a few days before the seaosn begins.

plus smart teams don't prematurely hand out extensions after a 5-0 start to a coach who has failed in previous season on multiple teams. They wait till the season is a lot closer to being complete.

Walker would have been a great backup this year who cares what he was getting paid. We didn't have the luxury to cut him.

Turks in abilities should have been recognized earlier too... great teams just do not operate like the Bills do these days

Comment

Working...
    X