PDA

View Full Version : Well you guys got what you wanted.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
The deep ball. TO and Evans said they are throwing the deep ball. That Schonert was a genius.

Well it's now time to see if Edwards has the throws and, of course, the protection.

Prov401
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
What do you mean, 'we' got what we wanted? Did you still prefer the dink and dunk 3 yard passes?

Typ0
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
They said Schonert was a genius?

gil
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure who HH is mad at - the Bills or everyone else

BAM
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Great. Can't wait to see it.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
"Schonert was a genius" was me being saracstic.

I'm just saying that was the biggest ***** here and it sounds like it's being addressed.

I'm not *****ing about any of it.

BillsWin
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Go Bills.

HAMMER
09-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Go away .........please.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2009, 08:03 AM
whoa... wait a minute. are you saying that it was Schonert's fault that the long ball was not being thrown? according to a lot of people around here, it was Edwards' fault.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
a handful of days before the season opener, they tell people they are working on the deep ball?

I just don't get this team at all. if you have shown nothing in the 4 preseason games but dink and dunk, you've fired the OC, got rid of the LT, don't you think that you might want to stay quiet for the last5 days before the season? this way when you play the patriots and go long, they don't see it coming?

The one thing i'm hoping for is that the offense really is humming and they are just smoke and mirrors for this preseason. i know its a long shot, but the fact that they are saying, "yeah, we'll throw long." makes me feel like they really don't have that smoke and mirrors plan.

Hemlepp53
09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I have been saying for awhile now that Trent was handled incorrectly. He was not able to play to his ability due to coaching restrictions and their inability to allow him to learn from errors... Throw an INT the OC would call a running play.. Where the OC should of had him air it out next snap to show he is trusted and allow him to maintain confidence.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:11 AM
The funny thing is that Edwards was throwing deep balls in his first year here.

Let's be honest. We are running the no-huddle because no one has faith in this o-line.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM

Let's be honest. We are running the no-huddle because no one has faith in this o-line.

M
09-10-2009, 09:21 AM

I like it better when you're writing optimistc threads. Come on, HH, I know you have it in you!!

:gobills:

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I like it better when you're writing optimistc threads. Come on, HH, I know you have it in you!!

:gobills:

If the truth is negative so be it. But this is why we are running a no huddle. Schonert may not have been running alot of deep balls because he has no confidence that Trent has the time to throw it. Look at the pick when Owens was dominating out there. Butler gets pushed into Edwards and causes an INT on a pass intended for Evans on a 25 yard route.

Maybe this is also why he was running a complicated offense so he could combat our line weaknesses with some plays that left D off balanced.

I'm not defending Schonert but who really knows. How do I know that Van pelt isn't gonna blow?

X-Era
09-10-2009, 09:30 AM
If the truth is negative so be it. But this is why we are running a no huddle. Schonert may not have been running alot of deep balls because he has no confidence that Trent has the time to throw it. Look at the pick when Owens was dominating out there. Butler gets pushed into Edwards and causes an INT on a pass intended for Evans on a 25 yard route.

Maybe this is also why he was running a complicated offense so he could combat our line weaknesses with some plays that left D off balanced.

I'm not defending Schonert but who really knows. How do I know that Van pelt isn't gonna blow?

Im not sure I want them throwing deep until they feel like they can effectively get time to throw it down there.

Early in the game they should run and go with a 3 step drop... If they are able to get good protection, take shots down the field.

Id take a wait and see approach on down field throws... we cant trust in our pass protection until we see that it can holdup.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Im not sure I want them throwing deep until they feel like they can effectively get time to throw it down there.

Early in the game they should run and go with a 3 step drop... If they are able to get good protection, take shots down the field.

Id take a wait and see approach on down field throws... we cant trust in our pass protection until we see that it can holdup.

You just summed up why Edwards gets blasted here for no reason.

Nobody is confident that the line will hold up but it will be his fault when his arm is hit while he is throwing the ball.

When this site and the FO finally realizes that it starts with both lines than maybe we will get somewhere.

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
a handful of days before the season opener, they tell people they are working on the deep ball?

I just don't get this team at all. if you have shown nothing in the 4 preseason games but dink and dunk, you've fired the OC, got rid of the LT, don't you think that you might want to stay quiet for the last5 days before the season? this way when you play the patriots and go long, they don't see it coming?

The one thing i'm hoping for is that the offense really is humming and they are just smoke and mirrors for this preseason. i know its a long shot, but the fact that they are saying, "yeah, we'll throw long." makes me feel like they really don't have that smoke and mirrors plan.

I don't think any team is going to be surprised by a team trying to stretch the field when that team has Lee Evans and Terrell Owens as receivers. Are the Patriots that stupid?

BillsOwnAll
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
You just summed up why Edwards gets blasted here for no reason.

When this site and the FO finally realizes that it starts with both lines than maybe we will get somewhere.

Drafting to OG with and a DE with our first 3 picks this year. Thats not addressing the line at all?

DMBcrew36
09-10-2009, 09:50 AM

I just figure we're running the no-huddle because we don't have confidence in our offense moving the ball on defenses outright. In general, our offense is incapable of dictating anything to anyone. Bringing in the no huddle is a way to hopefully get defenses off guard and off kilter because we have no other way of doing so. That's assuming it works, because in the last preseason games we saw it blow up in our faces, sending our defense out for 45 minutes of a 60 minute game.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Drafting to OG with and a DE with our first 3 picks this year. Thats not addressing the line at all?

A little late, don't you think? If you havene't noticed we have the excat same starters on D that we had a year ago with one of the worst pass rushes in the league. How many sacks do you think Maybin will see in limited action?

As for the o-line you netted nothing because you traded away your franchise LT for a rokkie OG. Nobody forced the Bills to trade Peters. So you addressed the line by bringing in an undersized Center and Levitre.