PDA

View Full Version : 'Backstabbing' an issue with Schonert firing

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Tuesday's edition of "Outside the Lines" examined last week's rash of offensive coordinator-cides, including the Buffalo Bills' decision to snuff Turk Schonert on Friday -- 10 days before the season opener against the New England Patriots.

ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck, who signed with the Bills out of Boston College in 2001 but didn't make the final roster, said he spoke to the players and was told Schonert had become a divisive element on the team by openly contradicting head coach Dick Jauron's philosophies in team meetings.

"I know personally, from talking to players on that team," Hasselbeck said, "that Turk was actually talking to the players and blaming some of the lack of success the offense was having on the fact that this [offense] was being forced down his throat.

"When you have a coaching staff that isn't pulling in the same direction to ultimately win football games, and you have coaches backstabbing other coaches, going behind their backs and saying, 'Hey, I don't like this idea, but this is what the head coach wants,' you end up creating a situation where no one trusts anybody."

The day Schonert was fired, he ripped Jauron to Buffalo's CBS affiliate.

Schonert told the station Jauron "wants a Pop Warner offense. He limited me in formations and limited me in plays. He's been on my back all offseason."

"Outside the Lines" host Bob Ley asked former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick whether Schonert's comments would haunt him.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=2793

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Ehh, they both are clueless bastards, so does it really matter? However, Billick is right, the douchebag Jauron is the boss, so ultimately, Schonert needs to listen to him.

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 07:21 PM
No surprises..

However now the spot light is even more on Jauron since he is making final decisions on how this O will operate, and AVP gets a bit of a pass if it doesn't work out to well.

BillsWin
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Billick will be our next head coach. :D

T-Long
09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Billick will be our next head coach. :D
We can hope can't we?

BillsWin
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
We can hope can't we?

we can always hope. hope doesn't cost a penny and it makes life interesting.

Marvelous
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Ehh, they both are clueless bastards, so does it really matter? However, Billick is right, the douchebag Jauron is the boss, so ultimately, Schonert needs to listen to him.

-Why is he a "Deuche"?

-It's kickoff time and i'm stoked & Jauron is not hated in my house. In fact i think he's done a good job since he got here... Esp since he hasn't had much to work with.. 7-9 -to- 8-8 is good for a very mediocre team.. I htink we cal all agree that we havent fielded a competitive team in years...
--Nighthawk, are you always this negative right before kickoff? Of is there a ship of neg nancies & you decided to hop aboard?
-It's a new season and all is whiped clean for a fresh start. Being NegNancie right now is almost like wishing us to fail or expecting it. And expecting it is what in ww2 was reffered to as "defeatest"..ugh
--DEATH TO THE PATS!

Yasgur's Farm
09-09-2009, 07:47 PM
I h8 me some Dick as much as the next guy... But maybe... Just maybe he's seen the light. I myself have had a few revelations in my life that have changed me... Made me better. I'd have to classify Coach Marv Levy in this category as well. After all, Marv's coaching record leading up to his Bills stint parallels Dicks.

But then again... Maybe Dick simply sucks.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
-Why is he a "Deuche"?

-It's kickoff time and i'm stoked & Jauron is not hated in my house. In fact i think he's done a good job since he got here... Esp since he hasn't had much to work with.. 7-9 -to- 8-8 is good for a very mediocre team.. I htink we cal all agree that we havent fielded a competitive team in years...
--Nighthawk, are you always this negative right before kickoff? Of is there a ship of neg nancies & you decided to hop aboard?
-It's a new season and all is whiped clean for a fresh start. Being NegNancie right now is almost like wishing us to fail or expecting it. And expecting it is what in ww2 was reffered to as "defeatest"..ugh
--DEATH TO THE PATS!

First off...I spelled "douche" correctly...but thanks. Secondly, the guy is a loser and I was using a slang to get my point across. Thirdly, go ahead, get excited, but IMO there is nothing to get excited about. Sorry, but that's how I feel. I hope to God that this team proves me wrong, but I just don't know.

Nighthawk
09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
When negging...can we please sign our names, I mean, if you're going to do it...at least let me know that it was you. Ok, just a message...

YardRat
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Considering Turk's reaction and comments after the fact, it wouldn't surprise me.

Still doesn't fix the sorry state of our o-line.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2009, 08:39 PM
that bills are in a sad state of affairs. if you can't admit that then you're in denial.

HHURRICANE
09-09-2009, 08:48 PM
No matter how you slice it the whole situation looks bad. If the offense comes out swinging than all is forgiven.

If not this team is going to be completely different yet again.

sdbillsfan2
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I copied this from the comment section of the blog.

Is it true Jaurons offenses have never cracked the top 20?

If it is , I'm feeling even worse about him then I ever have.

"

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/profile/default/silo1_guy_35x48.jpg (http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/franklsferd)
franklsferd (http://sportsnation.espn.go.com/fans/franklsferd) (9/9/2009 at 8:09 AM
What I got out of this story is that Jauron meddling in the offense and being too conservative finally wore on Schonert. Jauron has NEVER had an offense crack the top 20 in his career. This team won't be able to do anything no matter who the O.C. is as long as Jauron's there.""

maybe one of you facts and figures guys can let us know if this is true!
thanks

DraftBoy
09-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Well this is just great....