X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Son's First Game

My 10 almost 11 year old son wants to attend his first Bills game in Buffalo this year. He wants to hit the Patriots game on the 20th of December and I am looking for some insight from board members on a possible different choice, if there is one. Reasons why are:

He has lived in Florida his whole life and has seen snow maybe once. Not sure if the cold will bother him.

I want him to have a positive experience at the game, end zone or 50 yard line seats? Not worried about language or drunks, that's all part of the experience. I want him to sit around people enjoying themselves and rooting for the team. We have gone to a few Buc's games and let me say they are very timid compared to a game at the Ralph.

I have him brain washed to understand the Patriots are the lying/cheating scum of the NFL and he wants to watch the Bills destroy them. I am not sure how well that ass woopin will come with the state of the Bills atm. Don't want his first experience to be a 42 to 3 loss.

Anyway just some concerns, let me know what yall think.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Son's First Game

Originally posted by Billzz

I have him brain washed to understand the Patriots are the lying/cheating scum of the NFL
    he's not brain washed. he's enlightened.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

I would take him to a different game.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Good luck and I hope he has a great time, but I would be worried about the drunks...they ruin it for everybody. Anyways, as long as he is prepared for the crazy people at the game, then he should be fine. Being from Florida, I probably would try to go to a game earlier in the year because it gets really cold sitting in the stadium, especially if he's not used to the cold...it will feel like he's watching a game at the North Pole! Whatever you choose, I'm sure he'll love it!

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Game 2 vs TB would be best, IMO.

Or, if your sure you/he won't mind the cold, Miami, week 12.
          Last edited by yordad; 09-09-2009, 08:49 PM.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I sat in the luxury seats once on December 31st a couple of years back in the Van Miller seating section. The seats were heated and you're sitting under cover, so if it's raining, snowing, sleeting, and/or hailing you are protected from the elements. Also, there's a bar area and a couple of concession stands inside for your convenience or if you get cold but still want to watch the game. If you don't mind spending the $$$$$, you can go onto NFL Ticket Exchange on ticketmaster.com and see what they have available. If he's not used to the weather, it's an expensive but relatively safe option for December 20th. I was so warm sitting in the heated seats that I took off all of my layers and was sitting in short sleeves.
            Last edited by Scumbag College; 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I have taken both my kids. 50 yard line is the way to go but I'd find a game that isn't in December. My kids couldn't believe that Atlanta was an NFL team after going to Rich Stadium ( I don't recognize Ralph Wilson Stadium0.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

Yea, that Miami game would be best. Cold weather, and a team that we usually beat here in Buffalo.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                  Yea, that Miami game would be best. Cold weather, and a team that we usually beat here in Buffalo.
                  Nov 29th should not be THAT cold.....yes, i know it's Buffalo

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

The cold might not bother him as much as you think, just make sure he's dressed right. (Layers, extra socks, etc.). Any camping store, or even Walmart, has those little hand/feet warmers that work well.

Cherish the moment...I got to take mine to his first Bills game last year in Kansas City. He talked about it for weeks, beef on weck, tailgating with Bills fans, bowling ball shots, he loved it. And he wasn't all shy about standing up and cheering in the middle of the enemy.

He'll love it.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Is there any way he could get to NE by this Monday? There are tickets for sale on the RI craigslist. Or does it have to be at the Ralph?
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Billzz
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                        Is there any way he could get to NE by this Monday? There are tickets for sale on the RI craigslist. Or does it have to be at the Ralph?
                        I travel pretty much 10 months a year for work and fly out Sunday for Colorado, would love to attend a Monday night game though. The game has to be at the Ralph, I want him to experience a Bills game with the home crowd.

Thanks everyone for your input and it helped make the decision easier. Looks like the Miami game in November may be the winner. Nice they finally swithed the games around so the gay sharks have to play in the cold.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                          Nov 29th should not be THAT cold.....yes, i know it's Buffalo
                          last year's Browns game on the 20th-ish of November? it was like 10 degrees, though that was a night game, I was still freezing my cojones off tailgating.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i also recommend against the patriots game. the fairweather boston fans show up in the endzone and the bills won't really be in it at that point. So that game always pisses me off to no end. And the patriot fans just get drunk and get beligerent because they are bunch of frat boys. I wouldn't want my son to see that. i'd rather have him go to a game where the rivalry isn't so one sided, where there is a chance at winning, and where the bills fans totally outnumber the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                            X