PDA

View Full Version : CBSSPORTSLINE TOP 10 BREAKOUT PLAYERS

THATHURMANATOR
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12180133

Demetrius Bell, T, Buffalo: Well, surprise, surprise. We've been telling you all summer how this guy was pushing Langston Walker, and it turns out he pushed him right out the door.

Bell is the next solid offensive lineman waiting to happen in Buffalo, with comparisons made by teammates, coaches and player personnel experts to Jason Peters -- only better. The Bills have been touting Bell for a long time and obviously believe in him -- they have him protecting Trent Edwards' back.

Had Bell not injured his back late last month, the feeling is this move might have been made earlier. Nevertheless, it was going to be made sooner or later. Now Bell learns on the fly, and good luck, Buffalo. He never started a game and plays on an offensive line that is new at every position.

ddaryl
09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
we are sure going to find out...

Definitely didn't see enough of him in preseason, and the Patriots will be a heluva a test for him. Trial by fire

I also figured he would get more time thorughout the season before taking over later on. It was a surprise to see Walker let go and Bell handed the keys so quickly.

Lexwhat
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
I still wish Bell would've "pushed" Walker to RT, not "out the door."

Jaybird
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
bottom line is walker is not physically gifted enough to play a hurry up style offense...

lmcshadow
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
.:darth: .............May the force be with you Bell of Buffalo......:darth:

Prov401
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll tell you what. Yea, the Patriots made a great move for their team, when 2011 comes around, but moving Seymore is going to hurt them, at least this year.

Obviously many people see a great deal of potential in Bell. He's going to get thrown right into the fire, and I'd rather test him in such a big season opener on Monday night against Jarvis Green, than Richard Seymore.

Aside from Trent, I'd put Bell as the player to watch on Monday night.

ddaryl
09-10-2009, 12:07 AM
bottom line is walker is not physically gifted enough to play a hurry up style offense...

Yeah he was bent over sucking wind after 1 or 2 series with the O

BleedinGreenNC
09-10-2009, 06:26 AM
I dont know if you clicked on the busts, sleepers list, but this guy picked TO to be a bust.

mybills
09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Patriots will be a heluva a test for him.

They always play Hells Bells at their games. I'll have to listen for the silence when he has his way with them. :snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I dont know if you clicked on the busts, sleepers list, but this guy picked TO to be a bust.
No I didn't.

Well the cards are stacked against TO having a huge year we all can admit but success would be 900 or so yards and 8 TDs.

Captain Obvious
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
No I didn't.

Well the cards are stacked against TO having a huge year we all can admit but success would be 900 or so yards and 8 TDs.

You must be thrilled to death Demetrius Bell is being considered a breakout player in the national media.. Your predfiction of a 10-6 season is becoming more tenuous and unlikely day by day.. You need Bell to hit the ground running with minimal growing pains

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 11:26 AM
You must be thrilled to death Demetrius Bell is being considered a breakout player in the national media.. Your predfiction of a 10-6 season is becoming more tenuous and unlikely day by day.. You need Bell to hit the ground running with minimal growing pains
I am that is why I posted it! :hi5:

madness
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I still wish Bell would've "pushed" Walker to RT, not "out the door."

Walker did that all by himself by regressing almost as fast as "ludicrous speed". He just couldn't handle the tempo of the no huddle as it was clear to most when it looked like he was ready to pass out in between plays. That was at Turk's slow tempo, mind you. I'm convinced AVP's pace might have come close to killing him right there on the field.

Butler might not be the better pass blocker of the two but now we have a RT that can trap and pull and he is flat out the better run blocker.

yordad
09-10-2009, 01:00 PM
How did this thread only get 3 stars?? I'm giving it a 5er!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 01:11 PM
How did this thread only get 3 stars?? I'm giving it a 5er!!
Which is what it deserves.

Captain Obvious is a hater.

casdhf
09-10-2009, 01:22 PM
They think he's gonna be better than Peters?

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 01:23 PM
So do I!

Meathead
09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
langston or was it darwin full reverse go!

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/2006/03/Spaceballs_Dark_Helmet.jpg

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM

When the new coaching staff comes in and dismantles the "no huddle" than we will be wishing we still had Walker as our RT.

pintonick96
09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Why do we struggle against 3-4 defenses? Bc we had a fat slob for a LT (RT last year) who couldn't handle the speed rush off the edge. A quick lineman like Bell might just be what we need on the oline. The broncos didn't do too bad with Harris and Clady when they started those two young tackles.

Lexwhat
09-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Walker did that all by himself by regressing almost as fast as "ludicrous speed". He just couldn't handle the tempo of the no huddle as it was clear to most when it looked like he was ready to pass out in between plays. That was at Turk's slow tempo, mind you. I'm convinced AVP's pace might have come close to killing him right there on the field.

Butler might not be the better pass blocker of the two but now we have a RT that can trap and pull and he is flat out the better run blocker.

If we stick to the discussion of Right Tackles, Brad Butler SUCKS. He's trash. This clown would not be a starting RT for ANY team in the NFL.

Walker has played RT for us for the past 3 years (and performed well). Yet, people are now spinning this move and saying he would be worse than Butler, who has always had weak skills and hasen't even played the Tackle position his entire NFL career?

Brad Butler is exactly the type of mediocre player that symbolizes the Buffalo Bills.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
If we stick to the discussion of Right Tackles, Brad Butler SUCKS. He's trash. This clown would not be a starting RT for ANY team in the NFL.

Walker has played RT for us for the past 3 years (and performed well). Yet, people are now spinning this move and saying he would be worse than Butler, who has always had weak skills and hasen't even played the Tackle position his entire NFL career?

Brad Butler is exactly the type of mediocre player that symbolizes the Buffalo Bills.
In my honest opinion Butler will be no worse that Walker was last season.

Lex what do you base your opinion on?

I watched the line extensively in the preseason.

The problems seemed to be miscommunications from the young guys and Walker getting blown by every other play. I really don't remember Butler playing poorly.

Luisito23
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Got a good feeling about this cat!

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Got a good feeling about this cat!
GO GO BUFFALO GO GO BUFFALO!!!

:hi5: :bf1:

Lexwhat
09-12-2009, 01:49 AM
In my honest opinion Butler will be no worse that Walker was last season.

Lex what do you base your opinion on?

I watched the line extensively in the preseason.

The problems seemed to be miscommunications from the young guys and Walker getting blown by every other play. I really don't remember Butler playing poorly.

You could be right, but I just don't foresee the possibility that Butler can play at a level equal to that of Walker.

I understand that the Bills want to move in a new direction with Wood, Levitre, and Bell. However, with the exception of a cheap block in college, what has Butler ever done to show he is a "mean" or "nasty" O-Lineman?

I am basing my opinion on the fact that I have rarely seen Butler get to the 2nd level while blocking. This guy gets no push at the line, and yet some people actually think he can be a strong run blocker? That assumption is based on absolutely nothing.

I'm sure you've noticed our run blocking the past 2 years. We've probably been the worst in the league. Butler has been our starting RG during that time, and obviously deserves part of the blame.

As a Guard, he hasen't even faced a D-End his entire NFL career. I really think he is going to get exposed this year for his weak pass-blocking ability. I have serious concerns about his ability to lock onto a D-End and keep him in check.