PDA

View Full Version : Whitner crying because we think he sucks...

jamze132
09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Now in his fourth season in Buffalo, Whitner understands the fan and media discontent, he feels the tension in the community, and he gets constant reminders on Facebook and Twitter about what the frustrated fan base is feeling.

"A lot of people talk crazy at times," Whitner said regarding the popular social networking sites. "How much I suck, how much we suck, how much coach Jauron sucks. And you can't respond, especially in a negative way. I try to send back a nice remark because I know the frustration, I know how long the (playoff) drought has been and I know how much the fans love the Buffalo Bills.

:rofl: If he thinks those two places are bad, he better not come on this site...

DrGraves
09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Dear Donte,

If you're reading this (and I'm sure you are because you certainly don't spend your free time improving yourself as a football player) you ****ing suck. You were a terrible draft pick, just go retire, go hang out on myspace with the little girls, and play barbies.

You suck.

Prov401
09-09-2009, 11:33 PM
It sucks because I always find myself rooting for him to live up to his pick. I usually try to stand clear of Whitner threads, because to many, there really isn't an argument. It's just, he sucks, end of conversation. I will admit, he has deffinitley looked more like a 5th round pick. However, I'll still say this... He has never once had a pass rush to help him out.

Prov401
09-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Adding to what I wrote above, all I'm saying is this. Would Rodney Harrison or Ed Reed be as elite as they were/are able to be, without their front 3/4 getting constant pressure. I mean, they never had/have to run around for 6-10 seconds every play.

jamze132
09-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Adding to what I wrote above, all I'm saying is this. Would Rodney Harrison or Ed Reed be as elite as they were/are able to be, without their front 3/4 getting constant pressure. I mean, they never had/have to run around for 6-10 seconds every play.
Regardless, I don't think you can mention Whitner with Reed or Harrison unless it's April 1.

raphael120
09-10-2009, 12:34 AM
I figured out why Whitner only has 1 career INT. He has carpal tunnel from typing on blogs defending himself left and right. Guess what Whitner, if you stopped making yourself such a public target by 1. not being availbale on Facebook/Twitter/etc and 2. actually playing well and not missing tackles left and right.

Now I know the knock is that "well he doesnt have a pass rush", well whats the excuse for his horrid tackling and being out of place and taking wrong angles? Is that the pass rushes fault too????

DynaPaul
09-10-2009, 04:43 AM
We overreached on that pick, no doubt.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Rather have Ngata.

whkfc
09-10-2009, 06:17 AM
1 word. Bust!!! And he does suck brings nothing to the table. Just like this post.

Jeff1220
09-10-2009, 06:22 AM
I can't defend his play, but I really didn't think there was anything wrong with what he said.

realdealryan
09-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Every time he updates his facebook status about 10-15% of the comments are "well how about you show it on the field", "Ngata has more picks than you", "you suck", etc..........

I get that he's trying to be an accessible athlete and he has a couple of charities, but the other half of things, his on-field performance, leaves a lot to be desired. We moved him to FS and then drafted his replacement this year, plain and simple. Okay, maybe it's not that simple, but geez, dude, just shutup and play. I think he knows what's happened to most of Marv's acquisitions....

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Now in his fourth season in Buffalo, Whitner understands the fan and media discontent, he feels the tension in the community, and he gets constant reminders on Facebook and Twitter about what the frustrated fan base is feeling.

"A lot of people talk crazy at times," Whitner said regarding the popular social networking sites. "How much I suck, how much we suck, how much coach Jauron sucks. And you can't respond, especially in a negative way. I try to send back a nice remark because I know the frustration, I know how long the (playoff) drought has been and I know how much the fans love the Buffalo Bills.

:rofl: If he thinks those two places are bad, he better not come on this site...
As much as everyone wants to point out how much Whitner has underperformed as an individual, the fact still remains that he has played behind one of the most lack luster D Lines in the league since he has been here.

Please show me a great safety that plays on a weak defense. Not going to happen.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2009, 07:58 AM

quit crying like a little homo, Whitner. :rolleyes:

realdealryan
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
As much as everyone wants to point out how much Whitner has underperformed as an individual, the fact still remains that he has played behind one of the most lack luster D Lines in the league since he has been here.

Please show me a great safety that plays on a weak defense. Not going to happen.

Bob Sanders?

cocamide
09-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Bob Sanders?

Hopefully Maybin can be to Whitner what Freeney is to Sanders.

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Bob Sanders?
is that a joke?

Hemlepp53
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Whitner should have a better year with Maybin on the field. All he needs to do is pay attention and be prepared. This could be a big season for him. Maybe he can earn some trade value for us...

SabreEleven
09-10-2009, 08:58 AM

Does he have any proof that we are wrong?

DMBcrew36
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Donte Whitner on Sirius NFL Radio at approx. 4:35 PM today with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan, according to Chris Brown's blog.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
whitner had an INT in that Patriots game in his first game as a bill and it all seemed to make sense on why he was drafted. The refs made some bs call and it was reversed. Whitner never even came close to being exciting since that play. God i hate those patriots and the officials who help them every step of the way.

jdbillsfan
09-10-2009, 11:03 AM

Adrian Wilson has always been a good safety, playmaker. Not sure how good their front seven has been.

Kerry Rhodes.

Chris Horton.

I could probably come up with more.

Good safeties tend to make plays no matter what.

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Adrian Wilson has always been a good safety, playmaker. Not sure how good their front seven has been.

Kerry Rhodes.

Chris Horton.

I could probably come up with more.

Good safeties tend to make plays no matter what.
Chris Horton plays behind the Washington defensive front 7 who are one of the best in the NFL every year.

Kerry Rhodes is a very good safety but by no means great. If you talk to any NFL analyst there is a very fine line between Rhodes and Whitner. And you also have to consider what is being asked of each player.

Adrian Wilson is a LB type safety. Always up and around the box, they blitz him like crazy and its feast or famine. Sometimes he makes a big play since he is unblocked, sometimes the Offense gets a big play because he is out of position.

The way Whitner is used it's no surprise he doesn't make many plays. He is always either right up in the box to support the run or playing very deep to protect against the deep ball in a cover 2 shell. And as you know we rarely get beat deep. The playmaking safeties in the NFL, Polamalu, Reed, Collins, Sanders have defenses create so much pressure that it allows them to hover in the intermediate zones and fly to the football where most of the action is and just play instinctively.

Let's first see the Bills generate some pressure before we judge any of our secondary.

Mr. Pink
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Whitner is average.

Based on where he was drafted he's terrible though.

The guy makes 0 plays, can't tackle and takes poor angles.

jdbillsfan
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think you need to have a great defense to be able to catch the ball or take the right angle or wrap up on a tackle.

A great defense or pass rush would help obviously, create more turnovers etc., but he still should be able to make plays.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Whitner is a bum and a bust, glad to see people coming around, he's a scrubbity scrub scrub scrub. If he wasn't drafted 8th overall, he would have no fan base at all.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
i watched the 32 point comeback last night on youtube. Henry jones was awesome. i miss him.

He picked off a pass in the second half and the announcers say, "henry jones is leading the league with 8 INTs and 230 return yards" Wow!

Can you imagine having a secondary that gets the ball for the offense and leads the lead in picks?

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
i watched the 32 point comeback last night on youtube. Henry jones was awesome. i miss him.

He picked off a pass in the second half and the announcers say, "henry jones is leading the league with 8 INTs and 230 return yards" Wow!

Can you imagine having a secondary that gets the ball for the offense and leads the lead in picks?
I can imagine it when you have a front 7 that force the issue. Otherwise I can't imagine it.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Whitner is average.

Based on where he was drafted he's terrible though.

The guy makes 0 plays, can't tackle and takes poor angles.

Is he really average? You're being a bit kind.

jamze132
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Regardless of who is rushing the QB, Whitner sucks. Period. And he's whining like a little snot-nosed kid about people on FB hurting his feelings. :rofl:

Guy needs Tony Robbins or something.

JD
09-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised he sees all the hate on Facebook, he deletes the "haters" when they speak the truth.

JD
09-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm putting a link to this thread on his facebook.. that'll be some locker room motivation for him.