PDA

View Full Version : How Buffalo CAN reach 10-6...

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
How Buffalo may reach 10-6.

Looking at the Bills schedule I see reason to BILLIEVE that the Bills have a good chance to reach a 10-6 record.

Here is why....

Week 1. @ Patriots: I think this will be too much too fast for the young Bills, especially under the lights of MNF. Pats will outclass us in this one. LOSS

Week 2. vs Buccaneers: I believe this will be a win. Bucs are just as young and even less experienced than Buffalo offensively, however Buffalo holds the edge in talent on both sides of the ball as well as a bit more continuity from last year, whereas the Bucs have overhauled their roster, coaching staff, and schemes. WIN

Week 3 vs Saints: Brees is going to be tough to stop but they will be missing both DEs Smith and Grant as well as their All-Pro LT Brown. Bills will be able to pressure Brees and should also be able to take advantage of a young and weak Saints secondary with 2 explosive veterans in Owens and Evans. The run game should also thrive. WIN

Week 4. @ Dolphins: Our OL will have had a chance to get some work under their belt by week 4 and will give Trent time to find Lee and Owens against a less than stellar secondary. I dont think Pennington will find much success throwing the football against our CBs with his group of receivers. This one is tough to call but I say WIN.

Week 5: vs Cleveland: With less talent and with no pass rush the Bills had a win in the bag last year against the Browns if not for a WIDE RIGHT by Lindell. The Bills will beat the Browns in all aspects of the game. WIN

Week 6. @ NY Jets: This will be a tough game, but at the end of the day I dont see a player other than Kris Jenkins that will get to Edwards enough. It will be low scoring but the Bills are more settled at QB and have far more talent offensively. Defensively, Buffalo should be able to contain their offense. WIN

Week 7. @ Panthers: Tough call. I think the Panthers are more settled on both sides of the ball than Buffalo with a strong run game and active defense. First loss in a few weeks. LOSS

Week 8. vs Texans: The Texans have 2 weapons Buffalo has struggled with in recent years. Big, talented WR, playmaking TE. They also have a top 3 DE in Mario that might be too much for young Bell and Butler to deal with. Texans will take this one, but it will be close. LOSS

Week 9 BYE

Week 10: @ Titans: If this was a home game I would say its a win. In Tennessee though with their defense feeding off the crowd and a very tough run game to deal with Buffalo will not be able to handle the toughness the Titans bring. It wont be a blowout but Titans take it. LOSS

Week 11: @ Jaguars: Bills won this game last year in Jacksonville. I think the Jags are a little too one dimensional offensively and not quite as good as they used to be on defense. Owens and Evans should produce big numbers in this game and the running game will also find success. WIN

Week 12: vs Dolphins: Again, I think Buffalo simply has more talent overall than Miami and will win a close game. Dolphins defense will be stingy but we will put up enough points to take the game. WIN

Week 13: vs NY Jets (Toronto): Jets simply dont have enough fire power to win this game. Buffalo ran the ball all over the Jets last year and with TO in the mix we should be able to put up too many points for their offense keep up with. WIN

Week 14: @ Chiefs: Should be a easy win for Buffalo. KC will struggle all year to stop the run and will also struggle to stop two top end receivers with a weak secondary. KC also has no pass rush which Trent will take advantage of. WIN

Week 15: vs Patriots: Could this be the first win for Buffalo against the Pats in 12 attempts? I think so. Buffalo's younger players will have a lot more experience, Maybin especially, that will help them get to Brady. It will be close but Buffalo will finally edge one out against the Pats. WIN

Week 16:@ Falcons: Atlanta will simply score more points than Buffalo in this one. It will be a high scoring game for both offenses but the home team will come out on top. LOSS

Week 17: vs Colts: Very low scoring game with both defenses playing well in what should be a cold game. In the end, class and experience win out with Manning doing just enough to win it. LOSS

Final Record: 10-6

Losses: Pats, Panthers, Texans, Titans, Falcons, Colts

Wins: Bucs, Saints, Dolphins (2), Browns, Jets (2), Jaguars, Chiefs, Pats

Hemlepp53
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Love it... Sounds good to me. I will take that... but i think we will get a win over the Texans and or Titans....

SABURZFAN
09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
5-1 division record? now that's being optimistic. :up:

BAM
09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Good work, Mahdi. :bf1:

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
If they go 5-1 after going 0-6 in the division this season, I'll wear my wife's dress to cut the lawn all next summer.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
If they go 5-1 after going 0-6 in the division this season, I'll wear my wife's dress to cut the lawn all next summer.

i REALLY hope they go 5-1 now. :up:

The Juice Is Loose
09-10-2009, 10:42 AM
The year before they split with the Jets and swept the Dolphins. We usually give Chad Pennington a hard time. Even if Trent gets hurt, Fitz is better than JP.

I mean we should have won both games against the Jets last year. I'm not that impressed by them or Bart Scott.

madness
09-10-2009, 10:44 AM

If they go 4-2, will you wear it for at least a week?

methos4ever
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Week 17: vs Colts: Very low scoring game with both defenses playing well in what should be a cold game. In the end, class and experience win out with Manning doing just enough to win it. LOSS

One thing Mahdi,
With the Colts that late, they should have a playoff spot wrapped up, so we may see the backups...leading to what I would call in that scenario a win. 11-5.

EDS
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
The year before they split with the Jets and swept the Dolphins. We usually give Chad Pennington a hard time. Even if Trent gets hurt, Fitz is better than JP.

I mean we should have won both games against the Jets last year. I'm not that impressed by them or Bart Scott.

Other then QB, where the Bills have an experience advantage with Edwards, punter and wide receiver (Jets WR's are not impressive), it looks like the Jets roster otherwise looks better then the Bills at corresponding positions - at least once they get Pace and Ellis back.

RB - Are Lynch and Jackson a better pair then Jones and Washington?
TE - Keller is definitely a step up from what the Bills have.
OL - Across the board, their line appears more formidable - and more experienced.
DT - Jenkins and Stroud are similar, and none of the other DTs on either roster inspire.
DE - Jets were certaintly better last year.
LB - Pace, Scott, Harris and Thomas seems like a more imposing set the Mitchell, Poz and Ellison, at least on paper.
DB - Again, Revis is better then any Bills corner, and Rhodes is a very good safety.

Not saying the Bills can't beat the Jets, because they are beatable and it is hard to see them finishing with a winning record with a rookie QB and new coaching staff.

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2009, 06:55 PM
If they go 4-2, will you wear it for at least a week?

4-2 is also crazy talk, but all they'd have to do is sweep the crappy Jets, and then split with Miami and New England, or sweep the Fins too (not likely). The odds of beating New England once, let alone twice in a season are astronomical, so I won't even go there.

jamze132
09-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Put down the kool-aid. Please. No way in hell we are going 5-1 against our won division.

shelby
09-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks Mahdi, i appreciate the optimism.

YardRat
09-11-2009, 05:49 AM

Well, at least that's a step up from her thong and teddy that you wore this summer.

Forward_Lateral
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Well, at least that's a step up from her thong and teddy that you wore this summer.

Touche.

elltrain22
09-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Dude I love your positive vibes, but I highly doubt we get 5 outta 6 divisional wins. I hope I'm wrong

T-Long
09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
How Buffalo may reach 10-6.

Looking at the Bills schedule I see reason to BILLIEVE that the Bills have a good chance to reach a 10-6 record.

Here is why....

Week 1. @ Patriots: I think this will be too much too fast for the young Bills, especially under the lights of MNF. Pats will outclass us in this one. LOSS

Week 2. vs Buccaneers: I believe this will be a win. Bucs are just as young and even less experienced than Buffalo offensively, however Buffalo holds the edge in talent on both sides of the ball as well as a bit more continuity from last year, whereas the Bucs have overhauled their roster, coaching staff, and schemes. WIN

Week 3 vs Saints: Brees is going to be tough to stop but they will be missing both DEs Smith and Grant as well as their All-Pro LT Brown. Bills will be able to pressure Brees and should also be able to take advantage of a young and weak Saints secondary with 2 explosive veterans in Owens and Evans. The run game should also thrive. WIN

Week 4. @ Dolphins: Our OL will have had a chance to get some work under their belt by week 4 and will give Trent time to find Lee and Owens against a less than stellar secondary. I dont think Pennington will find much success throwing the football against our CBs with his group of receivers. This one is tough to call but I say WIN.

Week 5: vs Cleveland: With less talent and with no pass rush the Bills had a win in the bag last year against the Browns if not for a WIDE RIGHT by Lindell. The Bills will beat the Browns in all aspects of the game. WIN

Week 6. @ NY Jets: This will be a tough game, but at the end of the day I dont see a player other than Kris Jenkins that will get to Edwards enough. It will be low scoring but the Bills are more settled at QB and have far more talent offensively. Defensively, Buffalo should be able to contain their offense. WIN

Week 7. @ Panthers: Tough call. I think the Panthers are more settled on both sides of the ball than Buffalo with a strong run game and active defense. First loss in a few weeks. LOSS

Week 8. vs Texans: The Texans have 2 weapons Buffalo has struggled with in recent years. Big, talented WR, playmaking TE. They also have a top 3 DE in Mario that might be too much for young Bell and Butler to deal with. Texans will take this one, but it will be close. LOSS

Week 9 BYE

Week 10: @ Titans: If this was a home game I would say its a win. In Tennessee though with their defense feeding off the crowd and a very tough run game to deal with Buffalo will not be able to handle the toughness the Titans bring. It wont be a blowout but Titans take it. LOSS

Week 11: @ Jaguars: Bills won this game last year in Jacksonville. I think the Jags are a little too one dimensional offensively and not quite as good as they used to be on defense. Owens and Evans should produce big numbers in this game and the running game will also find success. WIN

Week 12: vs Dolphins: Again, I think Buffalo simply has more talent overall than Miami and will win a close game. Dolphins defense will be stingy but we will put up enough points to take the game. WIN

Week 13: vs NY Jets (Toronto): Jets simply dont have enough fire power to win this game. Buffalo ran the ball all over the Jets last year and with TO in the mix we should be able to put up too many points for their offense keep up with. WIN

Week 14: @ Chiefs: Should be a easy win for Buffalo. KC will struggle all year to stop the run and will also struggle to stop two top end receivers with a weak secondary. KC also has no pass rush which Trent will take advantage of. WIN

Week 15: vs Patriots: Could this be the first win for Buffalo against the Pats in 12 attempts? I think so. Buffalo's younger players will have a lot more experience, Maybin especially, that will help them get to Brady. It will be close but Buffalo will finally edge one out against the Pats. WIN

Week 16:@ Falcons: Atlanta will simply score more points than Buffalo in this one. It will be a high scoring game for both offenses but the home team will come out on top. LOSS

Couldn't agree more...this is definitely do-able.