PDA

View Full Version : Typical NE writer

northernbillfan
09-10-2009, 09:07 AM
He says in his headline that the Bills are so bad that "we" may as well give them to Canada? WTF? A writer endorsing a team be moved out of the US? Time to fill this guy's inbox with hate mail and time to tell the league that there is a writer promoting teams be moved out of the country.

Here's the article (http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m9d10-AFC-East-Preview-The-Buffalo-Bills-are-so-bad-we-might-just-give-them-to-Canada)

Here's his email: scrowe@gmail.com

Let him have it folks!

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
The guy is an obvious Gay

northernbillfan
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Really, the Bills have three things working against them.

1) You can’t win with a bad offensive line.
2) You can’t win with a lame duck coach.
3) They are unofficially Canada’s NFL football team. And Canada knows NOTHING about football. Just look at the CFL.

don137
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I always laugh at NE fans because everyone knows they are the poster child for bandwagon fans. Until they got good in the mid 90's no one cared about the Patriots. When the Celtics suck no one up their talks about them. When the Bruins suck no one went to games. At least in Buffalo the fans support them through thick and thin. NE fans can talk the smack all they want. I just brush it off.

mybills
09-10-2009, 09:36 AM
LET'S KICK THEIR ASS MONDAY NIGHT!

:gobills:

DMBcrew36
09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
I always laugh at NE fans because everyone knows they are the poster child for bandwagon fans. Until they got good in the mid 90's no one cared about the Patriots. When the Celtics suck no one up their talks about them. When the Bruins suck no one went to games. At least in Buffalo the fans support them through thick and thin. NE fans can talk the smack all they want. I just brush it off.

Fact
Fact
Fact
anddd Fact

I say the same things all the time. The majority of Boston sports fans are bandwagoners who abandon their teams when they are no good. If the Bills were in New England they would have 40,000 at every game. The fact that we pack our stadium in a tiny dying city with a ****ty team points to the fact that this towns fans are unparalleled in the U.S., except for maybe those of Green Bay.

DMBcrew36
09-10-2009, 09:45 AM
By the way, the guy that wrote this 'article' is just a blogger. Any moron with a keyboard and some sense can post a blog spewing biases and nonsense.

mybills
09-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Try living amongst them. :puke:

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
the crazy thing is, i really feel like we ARE trying to build a better offensive line! we drafted 2 linemen in the first 2 rounds, i almost forget that we had fowler/preston at center last year and now we have hangartner that started half the games for a very good running Panthers team last year, and Bell is a stud in the making. It may take some time, it just shows that this guy is simply dismissing the Bills offensive line as "not havign any suitable replacements" without doing a smidge of research other than what he reads on ESPN.com

Hemlepp53
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Lets see how he writes about the loss and who he can blame it on.

They have a decent OLine.
They have a top notch cheating coach.
They are offically the team for every ******* that hops from hot team to hot team. Pat fans also have Steeler, Rams, Buccs, ect.... jerseys in their closets...

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
this might be a good email to archive until tuesday. if the bills win, it'll be fun to send him an email then.

I hate this casual NFL response of how the team is already gone from buffalo. He roots for a team that originated the idea of regionalizing a team. They don't even play in boston or are even called the Boston Patriots. Pretty awesome for a big city.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 10:36 AM
we're NE's *****.

carreer TD's vs. Pats
Parrish 1
Reed 1

Evans - 0
If you want to hate on whats being said about our team, blame the bills.

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
we're NE's *****.

carreer TD's vs. Pats
Parrish 1
Reed 1

Evans - 0
If you want to hate on whats being said about our team, blame the bills.

well ya, because they could double and triple evans alll day before. hopefully TO can help us fix that issue.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
well ya, because they could double and triple evans alll day before. hopefully TO can help us fix that issue.
I agree. BUt until that actually starts to happen and we're beating the Pats, their fans will say anything they want about the bills and there's nothing we can do.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
we tear down our QB's within a year if they aren't producing. Evans has had two lackluster years. and even his good years, he had the excuse, i'm being double covered. Why is steve smith (a small, fast guy/doesn't have a rocket armed QB throwing to him/and the only capable panthers receiver) continuously open and making plays for his team. Yet a safety over the top totally takes evans away.

Evans needs to start playing like a star. He's being paid as one.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 10:57 AM
we tear down our QB's within a year if they aren't producing. Evans has had two lackluster years. and even his good years, he had the excuse, i'm being double covered. Why is steve smith (a small, fast guy/doesn't have a rocket armed QB throwing to him/and the only capable panthers receiver) continuously open and making plays for his team. Yet a safety over the top totally takes evans away.

Evans needs to start playing like a star. He's being paid as one.

I disagree. Steve Smith isn't always open when the ball is thrown. He gets open through his speed.

We've all seen that Trent waits for Lee(or any wr) to get open before he decides to throw the ball. If Trent wants to connect with Lee , he has to throw the ball first deep enough that Lee can outrun the defender and get to the ball. Lee's done that several times with JP because JP trusted Lee.

With TO in the line-up , Trent should be able to punish teams if they try to double up Lee.

Novacane
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Don't email him. He probably will love the attention. Just ignore him............................Unless we beat the Pats Monday :snicker:

mybills
09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
this might be a good email to archive until tuesday. if the bills win, it'll be fun to send him an email then.

I started to type that and said nah, let's just kick their ass! :D

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
I disagree. Steve Smith isn't always open when the ball is thrown. He gets open through his speed.

We've all seen that Trent waits for Lee(or any wr) to get open before he decides to throw the ball. If Trent wants to connect with Lee , he has to throw the ball first deep enough that Lee can outrun the defender and get to the ball. Lee's done that several times with JP because JP trusted Lee.

With TO in the line-up , Trent should be able to punish teams if they try to double up Lee.

but steve smith doesn't just run vertically for long balls. he runs everywhere. over the middle, short crossing routes. Where he is covered at the time of the release, he goes out and gets the ball. i don't think Evans is that type of receiver. At least the coaches don't make him run a variety of routes. That's on the coaches and on Evans.

Start making plays. Start fighting for the ball.

You even quoted that he hasn't scored a touchdown vs the patriots. that's not normal for a number 1 receiver of anyteam.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 12:02 PM
but steve smith doesn't just run vertically for long balls. he runs everywhere. over the middle, short crossing routes. Where he is covered at the time of the release, he goes out and gets the ball. i don't think Evans is that type of receiver. At least the coaches don't make him run a variety of routes. That's on the coaches and on Evans.

Start making plays. Start fighting for the ball.

You even quoted that he hasn't scored a touchdown vs the patriots. that's not normal for a number 1 receiver of anyteam.
yes but he he gets open while the ball is thrown to him in stride. Trent waits for them to stop unless he's throwing 5-10 yards to guys like reed.

It's hard to fight for the ball when you're trying to run full speed ahead and the ball is thrown underneath you where the defender has a better shot at the ball. It's also hard to make plays when the QB would rather dink the ball to his checkdowns.

HIs O TD could be because they know how to defend Lee since Trent won't throw him the ball. Lee is a deep threat. He's a stretcher . He's been made to run shorter routes with Trent. When you do that you send more players to defend him and even then Trent would have to wait to throw him the ball unless he's clearly open.

Trents INT vs. the cowboys where he underthrew the ball, who ran back downfield to stop the TD. Evans. Evans fights for the ball. Don't believe me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08&feature=related

you'll find mre here.
In 1:45 of this video, Trent throws to Lee when he wasn't open. He stopped doing that. He needs to do that more often especially with TO on board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnD-qvDTxo&feature=related

It's Trent who has to make the adjustments trusting his players. He even admitted that several times and the preseason game vs. Pitts proved that when Fitz's first pass went for 17 yards.

don137
09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Being a season ticket holder of the Panthers I see a ton of Smith. Smith does not necessarily get separation on all his long receptions. He makes those acrobatic catches in traffic and if not tackled will break it. Larry Fitzgerald is a master at that. Lee Evans has not been able to do that over the course of his career. To me that separates the elite from the rest of the pack.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Being a season ticket holder of the Panthers I see a ton of Smith. Smith does not necessarily get separation on all his long receptions. He makes those acrobatic catches in traffic and if not tackled will break it. Larry Fitzgerald is a master at that. Lee Evans has not been able to do that over the course of his career. To me that separates the elite from the rest of the pack.
The qb's throw to them ,trusting them to make a play even if they're not open. If Trent did that then maybe Lee will have a chance.

Rob Johnson wouldn't throw either. He'd rather take a sack or dump to Larry centers if the wr weren't open. Flutie didn't have a problem tthrowing to Moulds whether he was open or not. He trusted MOulds to come down w/ the ball.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
i can't see your links til later tonight. i see your point. but it goes both ways. just like how you like to argue that the coaches mess up QBs....WR's have to get QB's to believe in them.

I wrote in a different thread that Edwards is indeed handcuffed with a rebuilding line, but this is the hand he's dealt. Now he has to go out and perform. We need him to minimize mistakes when the **** hits the fan...and we need him to deliver when small windows of opportunities arise.

Could he have a better set up? certainly...is he going to get it? nope. So if you are the leader you say you are...adapt to the situation and deliver.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
i can't see your links til later tonight. i see your point. but it goes both ways. just like how you like to argue that the coaches mess up QBs....WR's have to get QB's to believe in them.

I wrote in a different thread that Edwards is indeed handcuffed with a rebuilding line, but this is the hand he's dealt. Now he has to go out and perform. We need him to minimize mistakes when the **** hits the fan...and we need him to deliver when small windows of opportunities arise.

Could he have a better set up? certainly...is he going to get it? nope. So if you are the leader you say you are...adapt to the situation and deliver.

I don't disagree that playcalling is essential to a qb's success but Lee is the least of our worries offensively. He's at the bottom of of the list of our problems.

jamze132
09-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Actually aside from the move to Canada thing and the fact that he thinks Whitner is good, it wasn't a terrible preview.

ddaryl
09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Does anyone actually think sending hate mail to this guy is going to do anything but provide his office with stuff ot laugh at through next week.

Until we start winning this is what we get

DynaPaul
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Like I care about what some Boston rump ranger writes.