PDA

View Full Version : Delusionals Sign in here.

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
If you think this is a playoff team, sign in. I admire your ability to ignore the facts.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/slayzar/delusional.jpg

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
If you think this is a playoff team, sign in. I admire your ability to ignore the facts.

What facts?

Jan Reimers
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Being a Bills' fan has always included some degree of delusion. Why else would we stay with this team?

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
What facts?

Like Dick Jauron is a proven Loser?

That OL's starting 3 players who have never seen a snap usually don't do well?

That changing OC's 10 days before the season is usually a bad idea?

That our D has been shoddy for years and hasn't added much to improve?

should I go on?

X-Era
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
OK,

My delusional thoughts about our year is that:

We finish 0-16

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
OK,

My delusional thoughts about our year is that:

We finish 0-16
I'll take that one actually... we're not 0-16 bad. TO, Lee and Marshawn has to win you 1 game...

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
In fairness, this is the one week every year where I want to be delusional.

If New England clobbers us than I'll start tempering my schedule.

SABURZFAN
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM

is that Lecter before he lost the weight? :idunno:

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Firing Turk was a no-brainer, based on all of the reports of how insubortinate he was all offseason. I can't blame Dick for that one. He gave Turk many opportunities to do what Dick asked him to, and he didn't comply. I don't know any head coach that would stand for that.

BAM
09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi.

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Firing Turk was a no-brainer, based on all of the reports of how insubortinate he was all offseason. I can't blame Dick for that one. He gave Turk many opportunities to do what Dick asked him to, and he didn't comply. I don't know any head coach that would stand for that.

I agree 100% with firing turk.

But, wouldn't last january have been the time to do it? It took until 10 days before the season to figure out the guy wasn't working out?

He sucked calling plays last year, and he surely wasn't agreeable all off-season either.

Need i remind you of the Jets game?

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Like Dick Jauron is a proven Loser?

That OL's starting 3 players who have never seen a snap usually don't do well?

That changing OC's 10 days before the season is usually a bad idea?

That our D has been shoddy for years and hasn't added much to improve?

should I go on?
Jauron has had weak teams generally. Has he ever had a good QB? No. His offenses have never had many good players, aside from A-Train and he was a one hit wonder.

He comes here and has who? JP. Behind what? Crap OL. Last year he has Edwards who implodes and a generally low level talent team that lost their top pass rusher.

At some point a coach can only do so much.

Yes our OL is young, but I'll take a young OL that will battle you over a bunch of mammoth teddy bears. We're better off now than last year IMO.

As for our OC. Everyone on this board has hated the playcalling since Fairchild took over, Schonert was no better. So we will be either just as bad or better. Dont see the downside. Our offense has not changed, the plays have no changed. The play caller and direction has. I like that.

Our defense was stingy (yet bland) last year without Schobel and Maybin and a healthy McCargo. Mckelvin is an upgrade to Greer. Our safety position is more settled and Poz is a year older.

This team has improved. And I like their schedule a lot.

Canadian'eh!
09-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Jauron has had weak teams generally. Has he ever had a good QB? No. His offenses have never had many good players, aside from A-Train and he was a one hit wonder.

He comes here and has who? JP. Behind what? Crap OL. Last year he has Edwards who implodes and a generally low level talent team that lost their top pass rusher.

Yes our OL is young, but I'll take a young OL that will battle you over a bunch of mammoth teddy bears. We're better off now than last year IMO.

As for our OC. Everyone on this board has hated the playcalling since Fairchild took over, Schonert was no better. So we will be either just as bad or better. Dont see the downside. Our offense has not changed, the plays have no changed. The play caller and direction has. I like that.

Our defense was stingy (yet bland) last year without Schobel and Maybin and a healthy McCargo. Mckelvin is an upgrade to Greer. Our safety position is more settled and Poz is a year older.

Come on... are you REALLY making excuses for Jauron?

The guy is NOT a good coach. never was, never will be.

he also has a lot of control over personnel.... so his to blame for a lot of those needs.

Bill Cody
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
How can we be delusional at 0-0? If we were 0-5 then you'd have a point. If you actually think you can predict outcomes bet your paycheck on a card and let us know how much you've won. Until then it's just speculation.

Mr. Pink
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Here's the delusion...

We'll be competitive.

justasportsfan
09-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Being a Bills' fan has always included some degree of delusion. Why else would we stay with this team?
word from the wise!

madness
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Come on... are you REALLY making excuses for Jauron?

The guy is NOT a good coach. never was, never will be.

he also has a lot of control over personnel.... so his to blame for a lot of those needs.
People in the actual league would disagree. He's highly thought of and respected throughout the NFL. He was voted in the top 5 for best game-planning coach and is recognized as fielding the most disciplined teams. (no need to guess who was #1 :() He obviously isn't anywhere near perfect (as his gameday flaws have shown) but so aren't most coaches and the less talent you have, the more mistakes you will ultimately make.

He's been given the freedom this year to run the team his way and we saw a man who still does make mistakes but isn't afraid to own up or try to fix them. He's back in full swing to his Chicago days where he has no problem benching veterans in favor of younger guy who have been playing better. This is definitely his most talented roster as of yet so now is the time for him to prove he can win in the NFL. His trademark label of being "conservative" goes hand in hand the team's talent... especially when you hear things like he wanted to run the no huddle as soon as he got here but knew he had no where close the talent he needed for it to be successful.

Last year was the first year were decisions were made to let him have more say in personnel and the man went out and snagged T.O. It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if this team can finish strong this year as it would be a testament to Jauron finally having freedom to shape a team for the first time in his career even it was for one season. A slow start to the season is expected but once it gets into full swing, the outcome will make or be the final nail to break his career.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow, that picture just made me so hot right now.

Nighthawk
09-10-2009, 12:34 PM

At some point a coach has to figure out how to pick talent...why again is Kelsay, Ellison and Denney still on this team? To totally give Jauron a pass on players that were on his team is just wrong. That team he had in Chicago went to the SB after he left...

Philagape
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Just like players are responsible for things players do, coaches are responsible for things coaches do ... for example, in-game adjustments, time management, overall risk-taking philosophy, choosing assistants.
This is how can evaluate coaches apart from the players they have to work with.
Dick sucks at these things, and it's hurt the team, and it outweighs any positives.
If he's so popular with the players, make him Team Best Buddy, but keep him away from actual decisions.

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Just like players are responsible for things players do, coaches are responsible for things coaches do ... for example, in-game adjustments, time management, overall risk-taking philosophy, choosing assistants.
This is how can evaluate coaches apart from the players they have to work with.
Dick sucks at these things, and it's hurt the team, and it outweighs any positives.
If he's so popular with the players, make him Team Best Buddy, but keep him away from actual decisions.
If the players who are responsible dont execute then what the coach asks of them is irrelevant.

At the end of the day, the players make the plays.

Tell me who makes plays for us on defense?

Tell me who makes plays for us on offense?

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 01:30 PM
If the players who are responsible dont execute then what the coach asks of them is irrelevant.

McKelvin, Posluszny, Mitchell.

Trent, Marshawn, Lee, Terrell.

Philagape
09-10-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't disagree with any of that, so I don't see how those questions are relevant.
Like I said, players are responsible for what they do, coaches are responsible for what they do.

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
McKelvin, Posluszny, Mitchell.

Trent, Marshawn, Lee, Terrell.
Notice how none of those players you mentioned on D are on our DL.

And last time I checked Trent was struggling, and Lee depends on Trent.

And we're talking about what Jauron has done SO FAR, no one knows what will happen this season.

All the players you mentioned should make plays for us this year though, and if they do Jauron will look like a genius suddenly.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Notice how none of those players you mentioned on D are on our DL.

And last time I checked Trent was struggling, and Lee depends on Trent.

And we're talking about what Jauron has done SO FAR, no one knows what will happen this season.

IRON MAYBIN

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I don't disagree with any of that, so I don't see how those questions are relevant.
Like I said, players are responsible for what they do, coaches are responsible for what they do.
Yes but if a coach has a certain game plan in mind and he has a struggling QB and an ineffective DL to carry it out... Not much good will come of it.

You can tell Kelsay and Denney to beat their man, does that mean they will?

You can tell Trent to get out of his shell and use his best receiver, but that doesn't mean Trent is good enough or experienced enough to get it done.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes but if a coach has a certain game plan in mind and he has a struggling QB and an ineffective DL to carry it out... Not much good will come of it.

You can tell Trent to get out of his shell and use his best receiver, but that doesn't mean Trent is good enough or experienced enough to get it done.

COL. BOB SANDERS

Mahdi
09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
IRON MAYBIN
yes thats this year. Has nothing to do with Jauron's history as a coach.

We are finally adding the pieces to the puzzle THIS SEASON that we were lacking before which made it difficult for any coach to scheme and dictate a game.

Now that we have them, we can gauge more accurately whether he is a good coach or not.

Still, If Trent is the same Trent as last year we are in trouble no matter how smart or not smart Jauron is.

PECKERWOOD
09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
yes thats this year. Has nothing to do with Jauron's history as a coach.

We are finally adding the pieces to the puzzle THIS SEASON that we were lacking before which made it difficult for any coach to scheme and dictate a game.

Now that we have them, we can gauge more accurately whether he is a good coach or not.

Still, If Trent is the same Trent as last year we are in trouble no matter how smart or not smart Jauron is.

willy wonka

Philagape
09-10-2009, 02:23 PM

If something's not working, the coach can try something else. If the DEs aren't getting enough pressure, the coach can call more blitzes. If the passing game isn't working, different routes and formations and options can be called.
Just trying the same thing over and over and over and hoping it will work the 10th or 15th or 20th time isn't good coaching. A coach should recognize when his talent isn't getting it done and try something else. A game plan has to be flexible.

Canadian'eh!
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow.... Anyone who argues that Jauron is a good coach is "delusional of the year"

I'm afraid the cold hard facts prove otherwise.