• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Are Bills Giving Edwards a Fair Shot?

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim GrahamORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- This was supposed to be Trent Edwards' big no-excuses season.He purportedly had all the materials he would need.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are Bills Giving Edwards a Fair Shot?

ask the Lickers for the answer to this question.

Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      ask the Lickers for the answer to this question.

I agree.

Please reply Trent lickers.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

It's plenty fair.

AVP is reportedly closer and more in sync with Edwards than Turk was, so that's not an excuse.
        As far as the line, unless it's a two-second squash, it's the QB's responsibility to avoid the rush and get rid of the ball.
        And there's no excuse to find a receiver with TO on the field.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

I agree with the article. It's going to be so hard to throw in the towel on TE because of such an inexperience OLine. But we will be able to tell later in the season better and we will be able to tell that TE is making adjustments for the OLine that still put us in a position to win.

For example, being captain checkdown might be required for a while. But doing it well and getting the ball into the right peoples hands is going to help us not hinder us. We'll just have to wait and see what we see.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Did Bledsoe get a fair shot? Did JP get a fair shot?

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

Boy how do you respond to this? If Trent is truly the "franchise" QB we are hoping he is a little adversity should only slow him down a bit. After all he won't be under tackle every passing down. If he is our savior he should be able to find away to win. Some of this responsibility rests on the shoulders of APV, his play calling can also make a big difference in TE's success. Unfortunately so far this preseason I have noticed a lot of bad decisions on his part like throwing dump off passes to receivers who are totally covered and sometimes taking a loss on the play. Is this just to avoid an incompletion on his stats?

On the other hand even if we had Brady or Rothlesberger in here could they do the job any more efectively?

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

how many other teams have this issue? they don't all have stellar line play. The QB's need to make plays when they are there. and through the years we've let all these non all star excuses as to why stuff doesn't get done.

This is the highest level of football. Play like you belong.
                Edwards is in his final year. It would be great to give him more protection, but this is what he's got. He has to adapt. We've had too many QB's who only like to do things their way and don't adapt. Hell, we even have a coach who thinks like that.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Whatever "shot" a QB gets, it's still up to the QB to perform well in whatever circumstances he's given, and bring about the best-case scenario every time. Sometimes the best-case scenario is checking down or just throwing it away or even covering up the ball when sacked.
                  Even when a QB has an "unfair" shot, there's still a range of possibilities, and that's because the QB can still do the things well that the QB alone does.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

I'm tired of this team never putting any QB in a good situation to succeed. I feel like this is the same excuse over and over and over and over again.

The Bills have me for the first 5 games, if they don't provide me with any entertainment, consider me a free agent fan. I'm tired of rooting on a joke of a team that has nothing in common to the glory years aside from the name. Footballs supposed to be fun, and watching the Bills usually is not. I just hope that T.O. is entertaining enough. Whether it be making good plays or be it reaming out our coach or Trent throwing a 2 yard pass to the RB when T.O. is wide open down field.

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

We don't need him to make the pro-bowl. He needs to look like a real QB and make throws to his EXCELLENT skill players when they are open. If he can't make noise with TO and Evans and Lynch and Jackson and Nelson it ain't never going to happen.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

Does he have a young inexperienced line? Yes.

Is he being given a fair shot? Yes, not every team in the league has optimal situations for their QB's. What separates a good QB is being able to win even if you are not in an optimal situation.

There are QB's with better lines, but not nearly the weapons that TE has. I think when you are a 3rd round draft pick and you had the opportunity to play in your first year and start in your second that you have been given a fair shot, no matter what your surrounding team conditions are.

Edward's played behind a horrid offensive line his entire college career, problem being he stands in there takes a beating and gets injured. So the same could be true this year if he can get the protection from this young line.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                        X