PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons picks Bills to finish 2-14

Mudflap1
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

cocamide
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Damn, even the most hardened Bills fan isn't that pessimistic. I think...

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Ouch

MassEffect218435
09-10-2009, 11:58 AM
5-11

cocamide
09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
He has Denver getting a wild card. There is no way in hell they win ten games. I'll bet my superfluous middle nut on it.

mikemac2001
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
who cares

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
simmons is a pats fan...go figure.

cocamide
09-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Here's his 2008 predictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/080904

DMBcrew36
09-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Ha he has us with the worst record in the league. So who are we drafting with the #1 overall Bill???

Thurmal
09-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Simmons' weekly picks column during the season is actually fantastic; I would recommend it to any NFL fan.

No way we go 2-14, though. I would hope that Jauron would be canned before things got too out of hand.

trapezeus
simmons is just bitter that the patriots were spanked by the bills during his childhood. he hates everything buffalo.

unfortunately, whether he's exactly right or not, we are in the bottom ten of the league this year.

mikemac2001
he picked ATL to go 2-14 last year

WOOOO!

Pinkerton Security
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
surprisingly, he picked the Bills to go 9-7 last year. Are we really that much worse this year in his mind? In my mind we're not..

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 12:22 PM
if the bills were 7-9 last year giving up a couple games and winning a couple games, then it wouldn't be so bad. but the team fell apart last year and got weaker in areas that they needed to get better at. TO is the only upgrade in position where you can guarantee that he doesn't need to learn on the job. The ol could be better, but it'll most likely need time. And that pretty much guarantees a pretty awful offensive output.

On Defense, maybin doesn't solve that kelsay and denney are still on this team. it doesn't address that the LB's are unspectacular.

They are playing a tougher schedule and play 2 high scoring teams in the first 3 weeks. that can set a very dangerous tone for the season.

Like i said, they beat the patriots and anything can happen. They lay a dud like they have since 2003, then its business as usual.

Mudflap1
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you have to admit, it's possible. Look at it from his perspective as an outsider. We just fired our offensive coordinator right before the season starts because of a lack of being on the same page philosophically. We have Jauron as head coach, who has had only one winning season approximately 79 years ago. We have an unproven quarterback. We have a completely raw, reworked offensive line that may get better in the future, but could really stink in the short term. We have an average-at-best defense on paper. We have T.O., who is known to implode good teams when they struggle.

2-14 is possible. I think 5-11 or 6-10 is more likely, but a complete disaster of a season could happen.

RockStar36
09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
simmons is just bitter that the patriots were spanked by the bills during his childhood. he hates everything buffalo.

unfortunately, whether he's exactly right or not, we are in the bottom ten of the league this year.

Yeah, I can see how he's bitter that the Pats have 3 SB rings this decade and are roughly 45-2 against the Bills in recent years.

elltrain22
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
That sounds about right!!

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 12:32 PM
i'm just saying. i still hate the dolphins though the rivalry is hardly what it once was. It's just ingrained. And when the team is down, it's fun to pile it on.

2 years ago we were still a crappy 7-9 team...dolphins went 1-15. i loved every single second of that.

Plus simmons has that cocky nature that all these boston "fans" have. They just think their team will keep being good because it's been the case the last couple years. He was more fun to read when boston was the national punchline.

Mudflap1
09-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Ha he has us with the worst record in the league. So who are we drafting with the #1 overall Bill???

My money is on a defensive back from Ohio State...

Mudflap1
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
i'm just saying. i still hate the dolphins though the rivalry is hardly what it once was. It's just ingrained. And when the team is down, it's fun to pile it on.

2 years ago we were still a crappy 7-9 team...dolphins went 1-15. i loved every single second of that.

Plus simmons has that cocky nature that all these boston "fans" have. They just think their team will keep being good because it's been the case the last couple years. He was more fun to read when boston was the national punchline.

Here's where you guys miss the boat. We hate the Dolphins, but the Patriots' fans don't hate us. They don't care. We're like an insignificant pest that is not a true threat. The Patriots' fans hate teams like the Colts or Steelers. Not the Bills. They just don't care. Why should they? In fact, some actually respect the Bills' fans for being a hearty bunch. So while we hate the Patriots, Tom Terrific, Belichick, and everything they embody, the feeling is not mutual.

cocamide
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Or a franchise punter. Mormon's been the most consistent player on our team, so it only makes sense that we'd draft there first.

patmoran2006
09-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I almost spit out my pepsi when I read that.

trapezeus
09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Here's where you guys miss the boat. We hate the Dolphins, but the Patriots' fans don't hate us. They don't care. We're like an insignificant pest that is not a true threat. The Patriots' fans hate teams like the Colts or Steelers. Not the Bills. They just don't care. Why should they? In fact, some actually respect the Bills' fans for being a hearty bunch. So while we hate the Patriots, Tom Terrific, Belichick, and everything they embody, the feeling is not mutual.

i realize that this is the thought process of the bandwagon patriots fan which makes up around 75% of their fan base. i'm talking about the 25% who actually liked grogan and company. and then in the 90s just got spanked by the bills year in year out. And for those people, it's a nice change of pace that they not only got to pay us back, but to also win a couple superbowls. There is satisfaction because they went through what we're going through now.

Like if the bills became awesome and just spanked the pants off the patriots, for those of us who went through this period, we'll definitely take extra joy in the patriots misfortunes.

That's where i think simmons comes from. He would enjoy seeing the once dominat bills pick the first pick overall and botch it yet again.

Mudflap1
09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
i realize that this is the thought process of the bandwagon patriots fan which makes up around 75% of their fan base. i'm talking about the 25% who actually liked grogan and company. and then in the 90s just got spanked by the bills year in year out. And for those people, it's a nice change of pace that they not only got to pay us back, but to also win a couple superbowls. There is satisfaction because they went through what we're going through now.

Like if the bills became awesome and just spanked the pants off the patriots, for those of us who went through this period, we'll definitely take extra joy in the patriots misfortunes.

That's where i think simmons comes from. He would enjoy seeing the once dominat bills pick the first pick overall and botch it yet again.

I disagree. While he cracks some jokes about Toronto, etc., he actually sympathizes with Bills fans as long-suffering. I don't think he has anything against the Bills fan. I do think he thinks the Bills organization is run poorly, which is no secret.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-10-2009, 04:28 PM
3-13 is about right

madness
09-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I almost spit out my pepsi when I read that.

No, that was just your body trying to tell you to stop drinking girl's coke.

B-DON
09-10-2009, 04:38 PM
no way in hell do we go 2-14. will never happen

X-Era
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

Ohh crap.

The heralded Nostradamus of professional football, Bill Simmons, says we will end up 2-14.

Who is Bill Simmons?

OpIv37
09-10-2009, 05:12 PM

some guy with mid-first round talent who will be out of the league in 3 years.

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Simmons is a douche, hack. I've never liked his articles, as they lack substance. Anyone can write one-line jokes and anticdotes. If I wanted that, I'd watch Seinfeld.