PDA

View Full Version : Are Bills giving Edwards a fair shot? ESPN

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
This was supposed to be Trent Edwards' big no-excuses season.

He purportedly had all the materials he would need. Three years into his NFL career, we were going to find out whether he deserved to be considered the Buffalo Bills' quarterback of the future.

Trent Edwards has a lot to adjust to this season: a new left tackle, new offensive coordinator and new offensive scheme to run.

That was the sentiment a month ago, maybe even a couple weeks ago.

Not anymore.

Edwards heads into 2009 with less support than he's ever had. If Edwards were to fall flat on his facemask this year, we still wouldn't know with any reasonable degree of certainty what he's capable of and whether he should be the man in 2010.

Within 10 days of the season opener, the Bills have made decisions that dim Edwards' chances of success.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/2838/are-bills-giving-edwards-a-fair-shot

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Edwards sucks, but maybe just in Buffalo.

Nighthawk
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Anybody ever think that maybe, just maybe...these QB's keep sucking because they are not well coached here in Buffalo? I'm not saying they'd be superstars, but really...it can't be all just bad luck in drafting QB's. I think there is more to it then that...but we will never know until we actually bring in a proven, winning HC.

Patti120
09-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I really hope we somehow get our **** together. Man, It's real hard to stay optimistic. I'm just hoping that TE and Co. go out there and shock everyone.

MassEffect218435
09-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Buffalo is screwing Edwards just like we screwed Losman.

DrGraves
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM

No buffalo screws its fans.

MassEffect218435
09-10-2009, 09:36 PM
No buffalo screws its fans.Start screwing the owner, don't go to the games, don't buy the merchandise, etc... hit the owner where it hurts, the pocket.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Skooby give HH back his screen name and stop posting so many threads.

Thurmal
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Anybody ever think that maybe, just maybe...these QB's keep sucking because they are not well coached here in Buffalo? I'm not saying they'd be superstars, but really...it can't be all just bad luck in drafting QB's. I think there is more to it then that...but we will never know until we actually bring in a proven, winning HC.

Great point. I still think that Losman and Rob Johnson both would've been solid with a decent supporting cast and head coach.

HHURRICANE
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM

Losman didn't not start out getting treated fairly, but in 2006 they gave him the whole season. When he came out in 2007 he looked like crap and that wasn't the o-lines fault.

The line was suffiecient last year. Our problem is that when Reed got hurt we had no one to off-set Evans. Again, 7-1 in games that Edwards and Reed started and finished last year.

One Center, and TO, and this offense would have been rocking this year.

The FO is ridiculous.

Philagape
09-10-2009, 10:06 PM

It's not bad luck, it's just bad. Look at the dismal results at other positions. But the jury's still out on Edwards.

BertSquirtgum
09-11-2009, 12:36 AM
dick moron makes everyone else suck. oh yeah, and edwards sucks limp penis too.