PDA

View Full Version : O-line sucks. Got it. Move along.

jamze132
09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
I figured the BZ needed one more "our O-line sucks" thread...

patmoran2006
09-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Funny.

Because while Im one of the last to defend Bills personnel, I do not hate this OL at all. In fact I like it.

I think they're going to suck this year, don't get me wrong (including the OL) But I do like the long term makeup of this OL

Billz_fan
09-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Funny.

Because while Im one of the last to defend Bills personnel, I do not hate this OL at all. In fact I like it.

I think they're going to suck this year, don't get me wrong (including the OL) But I do like the long term makeup of this OL

I don't think the makeup is "bad" either. It takes time together for a line to play well and we for one reason or another don't have that year to year. Get the group in place and let them bond together for 2 seasons we might just have something.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Funny.

Translation: they suck now but they might not next year.

This should be the new Bills slogan because we hear it every year.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't think the makeup is "bad" either. It takes time together for a line to play well and we for one reason or another don't have that year to year. Get the group in place and let them bond together for 2 seasons we might just have something.

Yes, I have been the most vocal person about the line on this board.

But how anyone can say they like what we have is really looking through rose colored glasses.

I rewatched all of the pre-season games:

Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade on the line. Period.

Levitre: Has struggled horribly. this guy is not ready for the NFL and will be a liability all year. In addition I haven't seen anything that tells me he will be good ever. He should have been learning behind Dockery.

Hangartner: He looks like a mediocre Center. Not bad, not good, and he's undersized.

Butler: I liked Butler last year and defended his play. At RG he's just above average which is fine. But at RT he's been an unmitigated disaster. You know why he didn't play RT coming out of school? Because his arms weren't long enough. But classic Bills, just like Walker, we'll put him where he is going to struggle.

Bell: Sloppy. Undersized up top and he's no Jason Peters. He beat out Walker, whoopie doo.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2009, 08:37 AM
I figured the BZ needed one more "our O-line sucks" thread...

don't you mean a dose of reality?

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade. Period.Why do you continue to ignore the fact that Shawn Nelson came from the Peters trade as well... Not to mention the '10 conditional pick we have coming.

I think it's pretty clear on who ignores facts concerning the Peters trade.

psubills62
09-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade. Period.

Really? Because I could have sworn we picked Shawn Nelson with the 4th-round pick we got from the Eagles. Plus we have a 6th-round pick next year. While that pick may not amount to much, it could be ammunition to move up (along with the late-rounder we got from Ko Simpson). I wouldn't say at all that that's a one-for-one trade.

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Funny.

I am right there with you. The only downfall is that I think we unfortunately for the 10th year will not make the playoffs but they are finally doing the right things.

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Hangartner: He looks like a mediocre Center. Not bad, not good, and he's undersized.
LMAO... He's 6-5, 301... I wonder what it takes to not be considered "undersized".

THATHURMANATOR
09-11-2009, 08:49 AM
LMAO... He's 6-5, 301... I wonder what it takes to not be considered "undersized".
Seriously. He isn't a fat slob but surely big enough, and able to move.

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Levitre: Has struggled horribly. this guy is not ready for the NFL and will be a liability all year. In addition I haven't seen anything that tells me he will be good ever. He should have been learning behind Dockery.

Butler: I liked Butler last year and defended his play. At RG he's just above average which is fine. But at RT he's been an unmitigated disaster. You know why he didn't play RT coming out of school? Because his arms weren't long enough. But classic Bills, just like Walker, we'll put him where he is going to struggle.

Bell: Sloppy. Undersized up top and he's no Jason Peters. He beat out Walker, whoopie doo.
Your evaluations of these players are your opinion... But, given what I've shown in my 2 previous posts, your evaluation skills might be just a little off kilter.

BTW Bell is 6-5, 307... Another one of your "undersized" misconceptions.

mybills
09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Bitterness makes a person say all kinds of things.

Mahdi
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I love the OL. Only position I am somewhat concerned about is the RT spot. Not sure if Butler is the answer there. I would like to see Scott push him for it.

I really think our play selection in terms of running the football will change this year. More toss, sweep, and stretch plays to take advantage of the speed and athleticism of our OL. Rather than power run plays.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Bitterness makes a person say all kinds of things.

you got that right. myself, Tackling Dummy, Typ0, and a few others heard it from the Lickers.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Why do you continue to ignore the fact that Shawn Nelson came from the Peters trade as well... Not to mention the '10 conditional pick we have coming.

I think it's pretty clear on who ignores facts concerning the Peters trade.

I am not ignoring the value points of the trade so I apologize if I didn't spell it out better.

My point is that people want to give kudos to the front office for addressing the o-line while ignoring the fact that they gave away a player to get one. Wood replaces Peters.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2009, 09:06 AM

ESPN, Sirrius, NFL Network all refer to Hangartner as undersized. What do you want me to do?

psubills62
09-11-2009, 09:08 AM
ESPN, Sirrius, NFL Network all refer to Hangartner as undersized. What do you want me to do?

Think for yourself?

Philagape
09-11-2009, 09:10 AM
"Move along"? How can we do that when the O-line will be pivotal every week?

If you mean "move along" from this season, well, that makes more sense ....

mybills
09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
What a fun thread. Thanks, jamze! :D

BillsOwnAll
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM

A rookie struggled in preseason???? Your right the seasons over.

HHURRICANE
09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Think for yourself?

He's undersized.

Yasgur's Farm
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
He's undersized.
Patriots - Dan Koppen 6-2, 296 - Dan Connolly 6-4, 313
Jets - Robert Turner 6-4, 308 - Nick Mangold 6-4, 305
Dolphins - Jake Grove 6-4, 300 - Joe Berger 6-5, 315
Biklls - Geoff Hangartner 6-5, 301 - Seth McKinney 6-3, 310

301.25 - AFC East average starting Center's weight.

Can this stop right here... Or do you wanna argue about 4 ounces?

Night Train
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
The O Line is at least trying to lay a long term foundation for improvement. It's actually the beginning of the proper plan that is 10 years overdue.

Next : The D Line & Coaching.

madness
09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Translation: they suck now but they might not next year.

This should be the new Bills slogan because we hear it every year.
Unfortunately there will never be a "maybe next year" for you. :ill:

Buckets
09-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned how poorley the Pitt O line played last night. Allowed 4 sacks and a number of pressures. Like I have said previously a good QB finds a way to win. Rothlesberger had opportunities to check down and instead continued to look downfield.
It takes a lot more than just a good O line.

BillsOwnAll
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Rotheliesberger admitted himself he holds it to long and takes sacks. There pass protection was not a problem i dont know what game you were watching. There run blocking was but not pass protection. And whats the point of saying that? That doesnt have anything to do with our o line lol.

jamze132
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
3 more days until ____________.

mybills
09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned how poorley the Pitt O line played last night. Allowed 4 sacks and a number of pressures. Like I have said previously a good QB finds a way to win. Rothlesberger had opportunities to check down and instead continued to look downfield.
It takes a lot more than just a good O line.
Did you see him humping the ball with his RB? :rofl:

Well, at least it looked like that when he turned around and they ran into each other face to face with the ball down near their crotches. :rofl:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-12-2009, 05:09 AM
As someone who got derided for saying that the Bills didn't take a OT in the first round of this year's draft because they already had Demetrius Bell and were grooming him to be their future starting LT, let me put my two cents into this discussion.

This offensive line is going to struggle at first--at least for the first one-third to half of the season, maybe longer (depending on Levitre). It should be decent--perhaps even a bit better than that--in the second half of the season (again, depending on Levitre). It has the potential to become a pretty good offensive line next season, if the Bills address the RT position properly.

Why do I say this?

Demetrius Bell: Bell is inexperienced and still has a way to go to reach his potential, so he will struggle at times, especially at the beginning of the season. However, he has shown so much improvement over last year that there is every indication that he will continue to get better with experience.

While he will probably never be selected to a Pro Bowl because he appears to be so awkward with his footwork, Bell has the potential to be really special. But in a different way than Jason Peters. Bell is tenacious in a way that you don't often see in other LTs. He still needs to work on his footwork, but, when he gets his hands on a pass rusher when he has his balance, it's over-the guy isn't getting to the QB. But, it is when he gets beat that you see his tenacity: he will sacrifice his body to try to get a part of himself between the pass rusher and his QB. A lot of OTs will stop or hesitate or just reach out helplessly when they get beat, Bell keeps moving. His tenacity shows up even more when he is run blocking: he is always looking to make a block on the second and even third level, often ending up downfield beside or just ahead of the RB when the whistle blows. You just don't see that very often.

While he has gotten a lot stronger in the past year, Bell still needs to get stronger and looks like he can. He still needs to work on his footwork and recognition. While his footwork has really improved a lot and he will probably always look very awkward because his instincts are to move his feet like a basketball player blocking out, he needs to work on having the proper balance when he makes initial contact. He has really good quickness, but he needs to control it better to maintain proper balance. But it appears that he has been working on that because he has already improved significantly in this area. And, recognition is something that will come with experience and developing communication with the LG playing next to him. Playing next to Levitre, however, could hold back Bell's improvement in this area, particularly early this season.

Andy Levitre: Levitre is a scrapper and has shown some quickness, but he is going to be the weakest player on this line this season. He quite simply isn't strong enough to take on a lot of the NFL players that he is going to be matched up with this season. And his footwork isn't nearly good enough to compensate for his lack of strength yet. He will fight and he will try, but he is going to spend a lot of time getting pushed back into the backfield this season--expect 3-4 teams to do what Green Bay did to him in the preseason: move the nose tackle over to match up with Levitre rather than keep the NT squared up on Hangartner (not only was the NT able to bulldoze Levitre, but this also confused the Bills' blocking schemes for the whole offensive line).

Levitre will get stronger, especially once he gets into a full-time NFL offseason training program after the season, but probably not nearly enough during this season. His footwork has already shown some improvement and will probably get better as the season progresses--as will his recognition and communication. So far, every indication is that he is going to struggle--a lot--this season and it would not be at all surprising to see McKinney or Chambers taking over for him for long stretches in games or even getting a couple of starts if his play deteriorates. Which could happen if Levitre's confidence sags because he is taking such a beating every week.

Still, Levitre is a scrapper who has nice quickness and will get stronger and improve his game. But it probably won't really show until next season. In the meantime, it is going to be hard for him to hold up his end enough for the Bills to have a playoff-caliber offensive line this season.

Geoff Hangartner: I'm not ready to make a judgement on Hangartner yet. From what I have seen of him, he looks to be an improvement over Fowler and Preston, I also think that he needs to improve his communication with the two rookies on either side of him. I don't think he expected or was prepared for Levitre to be such a weak link initially: there were a couple of times when I saw him looking to pick up blitzers who didn't come or help Wood while Levitre was being shoved backwards and needed his help. It appeared that he became more aware of that as the preseason progressed, but that is something that he is going to have to pay attention to and that will likely have an adverse impact at times on his play this season.

Hangartner appears to be more stout than Fowler and Preston (seeing him go against V.Wilfork will test whether this is the case or not) and it was interesting to see him, like Bell, running downfield looking to make a block on a running play. But, he is going to have to spend a lot of this season "baby-sitting" Levitre and Wood, so it is going to be hard for him to show just how good he can actually play the position and to judge his performances. Just the fact that Levitre and Wood will no longer be rookies next season will help Hangarter to be better at doing his own job next year than he will be this one.

Eric Wood: From what I have seen so far, Wood has been exactly what I expected him to be and pretty much exactly the kind of player that he was in college: a tough, hard-nosed scrapper. I will admit, however, that I was a little bit surprised to see that he is also going to have to get a bit stronger in order to become the player that he has the potential to be.

He is a rookie and, as such, he is going to make some mistakes, including a few whoppers. But, by midseason I expect Wood to settle in and play reasonably well. I like his quickness, toughness and attitude, but he still has some work to do and I expect him to continue to get better. While he is nowhere near achieving his potential, I think that Wood has the potential to become an A.Faneca-type of player if he can stay healthy and continues to improve. That bodes well for the Bills in the future, but isn't going to change the fact that he is still just going to be a rookie this season and is going to have his ups-and-downs and struggles over the course of the season.

Brad Butler: There's a reason why the Bills kept Butler to play RT instead of L.Walker and there is a reason why the Bills just had J.Runyan in for a visit as well.

There is an analyst--for the NY Times, I believe--who breaks down the performances of all of the offensive linemen in the AFC East (and perhaps the NFL) every year and publishes his findings. While I can't remember where I saw the report and URL for his findings, according to his breakdown of the Bills' offensive linemen last season, Brad Butler only trailed Fowler and Preston in the number of times that he was pushed into the backfield by the man that he was blocking and gave up a tackle for a loss. On the otherhand, L.Walker missed more blocks than Butler.

If this report is true, it would indicate that Butler simply wasn't strong enough to handle the bigger defensive linemen that he was matched up against, but is/was, technically, a better blocker than Walker. Moving Butler over to tackle, where he would be matched up against smaller defenders who would be less likely to be able to push him backwards, would, then, seem to make sense. Moving Walker to LT, on the otherhand, would not be a logical move--unless the Bills were expecting Bell to take over the starting LT job at some point in the first place.

While moving Butler to RT to give him a more favorable match-up might be the logical move, unfortunately, so far Butler hasn't shown that he is capable of taking advantage of this. Next to Levitre, who has considerable upside, Butler, who doesn't, is the weakest link in the Bills offensive line. He hasn't shown that he will be much of an improvement, if any, over Walker and may not be an improvement at all.

Butler is a really bright guy with a great-looking future after football. Reports are that he is a hard-worker and he seems like a nice guy. But, unless he shows a rapid improvement that wasn't there in the preseason, he looks like he is nothing more than a mediocre player who has already reached his plateau. And that makes him a real candidate to be replaced--sooner, perhaps, rather than later. Which is why the Bills have brought Runyan in for a visit (a message that Butler is certain to have gotten loud and clear).

It's obvious that the Bills are totally rebuilding their offensive line this season: the guys that they had weren't good enough and weren't getting the job done well enough for them to win, so why not get rid of them and go with some talented kids--they may not win, but the other guys weren't good enough to win with either? But, the Bills simply don't have enough NFL-ready offensive linemen to replace Butler right now, with all of the other changes that they have made. If Runyan does end up signing with the Bills, he will end up replacing Butler and buy the Bills a year or two to develop a young RT. If Runyan doesn't sign with them, they may have to suffer with Butler for this season and their weakness at RT will negatively impact just how good their offensive line can ultimately be this season.

Whether Runyan signs and replaces Butler or not, there is a chance that the Bills may draft a young RT in next year's draft, but, more likely, their future RT is already on the roster. The current Bills coaching staff seems to like Jonathan Scott-enough so that they have kept him on the active roster. I know that he didn't do very well during his stint with Detroit, but offensive linemen sometimes take time to develop and it is possible that they have seen enough improvement in his game to see him becoming a capable replacement for Butler at RT. I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement on that.

A more likely candidate is Nick Hennessey, who is on the practice squad. Him, I noticed, I couldn't help noticing, during the preseason--even though he was going against third teamers. He needs to put on weight and get stronger--which he will in a NFL offseason training program--and work on his overall game, with emphasis on his pass blocking. But, he caught my eye because, even though he was playing LT, he made several superb run-blocks during the recently concluded preseason--two pancakes in short yardage situations that were outstanding. Hennessey, who went to Colgate, seems to fit the mold of a Peters or Bell and looks like he has the kind of nasty-streak to his game that you want to see in a RT. Being a small-school guy, he has a long way to go, but, if he works hard this year, don't be surprised if he emerges as a serious candidate to Wood, Levitre and Bell on the Bills offensive line next season.

I totally agree with those who have said that the Bills offensive line will struggle this season, but has the potential to be very good next season.

The Bills coaching staff is taking a big gamble this season. They know that Wood, Levitre and Bell are going to struggle. They know that Butler is limited. They could have tried to stick with what they had last year and hoped that TO and Edwards would be able to squeeze out a couple of more wins, just enough to get the team into the playoffs. But, they knew that the offensive line that they had wasn't good enough, even with Jason Peters--with a contract or without one. So, rather than taking the safe route to save their jobs, they decided to blow the whole thing up and take a chance with some kids who have the ability and potential to develop into a good offensive--a group that a coach can win with--down the road.

It could be a very smart move in the long-run, but a very stupid, costly looking one in the short-term. Yet, if the Bills had stuck with the status quo, perhaps making a minor tweek to the offensive line that they had last year, that would not have been enough to catapult the team into contender status in the tough AFC. And, probably would have ended up costing them their jobs anyway. So, what did they have to lose? And, who knows? Maybe the young kids that they have assembled will scrap and mature enough this year to actually become a decent offensive line in the second half of the season. It's unlikely, but wouldn't be unprecedented.

One thing is for sure, though: this Bills offensive line will be scrappier and more mobile than any that we have seen in recent years. And, whatever mistakes they make, they could be fun to watch at times.

Finally: I know that there are those who think that the Bills should have just paid Jason Peters and kept him and are critical of the team for not doing so. As much as I liked Jason Peters--and I was laughed by more than a few people here for saying that he would be the Bills' starting LT a year before he took over the job--in retrospect, I think that trading him was probably the right decision for the team to make, although I would have liked to see them perhaps get more for him from the Eagles.

Watching Peters with the Eagles this preseason, I am seeing a different player than the guy who worked so hard to move from the practice squad to the starting lineup to a Pro Bowl berth with the Bills. It's almost as if, having seen that he could skip the preseason and sleepwalk through last season and still make the Pro Bowl and get the huge contract that he wanted, he has become self-satisfied and feels that he can do that again, despite the fact that the quality of his play has deteriorated.

While that might have been accepted in the Bills' lockerroom, I don't think it would have gone over well with the Bills' FO, coaching staff or fans if the Bills had re-signed Peters. And it would not have been good for the team--which is still trying to learn how to win.

Additionally, in all likelihood, if the Bills had re-signed Peters they would not have made major changes to their offensive line this offseason. The possibility that Peters would return to his previous form--which he hasn't shown signs of doing yet in Philly--would have seduced the FO and coaching staff that they could get away with the status quo and gotten enough improvement out of Peters, Edwards, TO and Maybin to squeeze into the playoffs, despite the team not really being solid contenders.

So, if the Bills had signed Peters, maybe the team would have won a few more games this season than it will. But, IMHO it would not have brought the team any closer to winning a Super Bowl title anytime in the near future. By not signing Peters, the Bills were forced to seriously re-evaluate the state of their offensive line, blow the whole thing up, and begin the process of putting together and developing a group that definitely seems to be mentally and physically tougher than the group that they had, despite their lack of experience and the fact that they are likely to struggle quite a bit this season.

If I am right about Demetrius Bell, by the end of next season Bills fans won't miss Jason Peters and neither will the team. Peters may end up continuing to go to the Pro Bowl year after year, while Bell gets ignored in favor of bigger names, like Jake Long and Joe Thomas, but Bell will give the Bills better all-around play at LT and the team will have a better offensive line. [NOTE: With his awkwardness, Bell is the kind of guy who will have opponents walking off the field saying to themselves, "He's not that good....", even though they were dominated by him all day. He's not going to look like he's being effective even when he is.]

Lexwhat
09-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Brad Butler: There's a reason why the Bills kept Butler to play RT instead of L.Walker and there is a reason why the Bills just had J.Runyan in for a visit as well.

There is an analyst--for the NY Times, I believe--who breaks down the performances of all of the offensive linemen in the AFC East (and perhaps the NFL) every year and publishes his findings. While I can't remember where I saw the report and URL for his findings, according to his breakdown of the Bills' offensive linemen last season, Brad Butler only trailed Fowler and Preston in the number of times that he was pushed into the backfield by the man that he was blocking and gave up a tackle for a loss. On the otherhand, L.Walker missed more blocks than Butler.

If this report is true, it would indicate that Butler simply wasn't strong enough to handle the bigger defensive linemen that he was matched up against, but is/was, technically, a better blocker than Walker. Moving Butler over to tackle, where he would be matched up against smaller defenders who would be less likely to be able to push him backwards, would, then, seem to make sense. Moving Walker to LT, on the otherhand, would not be a logical move--unless the Bills were expecting Bell to take over the starting LT job at some point in the first place.

While moving Butler to RT to give him a more favorable match-up might be the logical move, unfortunately, so far Butler hasn't shown that he is capable of taking advantage of this. Next to Levitre, who has considerable upside, Butler, who doesn't, is the weakest link in the Bills offensive line. He hasn't shown that he will be much of an improvement, if any, over Walker and may not be an improvement at all.

Your post is the best, and most comprehensive analysis of the current state of our O-Line. Great read.

The analysis of Brad Butler getting pushed into the backfield is dead-on, and is exactly what I have seen for the past few years. However, it's not a surprise that Walker missed more blocks than Butler; Walker is, after all, a Tackle.

I wrote in another post that Butler's weak pass-blocking skills will be exposed now that he is moving over to RT.

To me, it's simple: Butler was never strong enough to handle bigger defensive linemen, and he's not agile/quick enough to handle an edge rusher (D-End or OLB). A good rusher will use a combination of strength and speed to out-maneuver Butler.

My stance has always been that Butler is NOT a starting-caliber NFL player.

I only wish that the Bills blew up the O-Line in June (and let them play together the whole preseason), and wish they had drafted a Tackle early in this year's draft (or last year's).

LifetimeBillsFan
09-12-2009, 08:00 AM
...I only wish that the Bills blew up the O-Line in June (and let them play together the whole preseason), and wish they had drafted a Tackle early in this year's draft (or last year's).

The thing is that they did blow up the offensive line when they traded Jason Peters and didn't bring back Fowler and Preston (who was upset that they didn't try to bring him back).

They signed Hangartner and drafted Levitre and Wood. And they let the rookies get a lot of reps, going back to the OTAs.

What I think that they were not sure of was how far Demetrius Bell had really come. I think they wanted to see how he would do going against first team guys (they gave him some reps in the OTAs), especially in the preseason, and how Walker--who admittedly played well at LT spelling Peters--would adapt to playing the position in the no huddle before deciding whether to give Bell the starting job ahead of Walker or not.

They knew that Butler couldn't play LT, so if they moved Walker to LT and Butler to RT, then decided that Bell should start at LT, Walker would have to be the one to go.

They drafted the CBs, C.Harris and Langster with their last two picks in the draft because Jauron is worried about not having enough depth in the secondary and the Bills have been burned the last couple of years by not having enough depth to cover for the injuries that their CBs have had. So they couldn't use those picks on an OT to develop. But, they jumped on Hennessey, who a number of teams were interested in, right away when they could start signing free agents.

So, I think that, while they will never admit it, this has all been in the works for quite awhile. With the only question being whether it would be Bell or Walker starting at LT--which they had to wait until preseason and, then, until they could determine whether Bell would be able to return from his back injury in time for the start of the season, before making a decision on. They had to see not only if Bell could cut it at LT, but also whether Walker would adapt to the no huddle and their new, more mobile scheme before making that last move at LT.

But, the rest of it started pretty much at the beginning of free agency--by which time they had probably already figured that they wouldn't re-sign Peters and would have to try to trade him. So, while it has taken awhile to play out, it isn't really something that "just happened" yesterday...regardless of what the folks at OBD say or don't say.

(BTW: Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated!)

mysticsoto
09-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Outstanding posts, LTBF! I agree with it all. I posted something similar in a different thread. The long term looks good for this OLine, but in the short term, we will have to suffer some lumps...

HHURRICANE
09-12-2009, 08:23 AM
LTBF, great analysis. Thoughts:

1) I've described the o-line exactly the way you have. Maybe some will read your detailed analysis and finally get it.

2) If the Bills want to get better keep a couple vets around to help with the transition. Let Walker be the rotation for Butler or Bell. Levitre is a year away from being a starter so we have to lose the season because of it. Sorry, typical Bills attitude that there is alaways next year. We are rebuilding again?

3) Did Peters change or did the Bills mismanagement of him make him that way? This team doesn't know how to manage it's players.