X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

O-line sucks. Got it. Move along.

I figured the BZ needed one more "our O-line sucks" thread...
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: O-line sucks. Got it. Move along.

Funny.

Because while Im one of the last to defend Bills personnel, I do not hate this OL at all. In fact I like it.

I think they're going to suck this year, don't get me wrong (including the OL) But I do like the long term makeup of this OL

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Funny.

Because while Im one of the last to defend Bills personnel, I do not hate this OL at all. In fact I like it.

I think they're going to suck this year, don't get me wrong (including the OL) But I do like the long term makeup of this OL
      I don't think the makeup is "bad" either. It takes time together for a line to play well and we for one reason or another don't have that year to year. Get the group in place and let them bond together for 2 seasons we might just have something.
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Funny.

Translation: they suck now but they might not next year.

This should be the new Bills slogan because we hear it every year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Billz_fan
          I don't think the makeup is "bad" either. It takes time together for a line to play well and we for one reason or another don't have that year to year. Get the group in place and let them bond together for 2 seasons we might just have something.
          Yes, I have been the most vocal person about the line on this board.

But how anyone can say they like what we have is really looking through rose colored glasses.

I rewatched all of the pre-season games:

Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade on the line. Period.

Levitre: Has struggled horribly. this guy is not ready for the NFL and will be a liability all year. In addition I haven't seen anything that tells me he will be good ever. He should have been learning behind Dockery.

Hangartner: He looks like a mediocre Center. Not bad, not good, and he's undersized.

Butler: I liked Butler last year and defended his play. At RG he's just above average which is fine. But at RT he's been an unmitigated disaster. You know why he didn't play RT coming out of school? Because his arms weren't long enough. But classic Bills, just like Walker, we'll put him where he is going to struggle.

Bell: Sloppy. Undersized up top and he's no Jason Peters. He beat out Walker, whoopie doo.
          Last edited by HHURRICANE; 09-11-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
            I figured the BZ needed one more "our O-line sucks" thread...

don't you mean a dose of reality?
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade. Period.
              Why do you continue to ignore the fact that Shawn Nelson came from the Peters trade as well... Not to mention the '10 conditional pick we have coming.

I think it's pretty clear on who ignores facts concerning the Peters trade.
              Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-11-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Wood: obvioulsy is playing like a first rounder, made some mistakes, but solid pick up. But we gave up Peters to get him. People ignore this fact. It was a one for one trade. Period.
                Really? Because I could have sworn we picked Shawn Nelson with the 4th-round pick we got from the Eagles. Plus we have a 6th-round pick next year. While that pick may not amount to much, it could be ammunition to move up (along with the late-rounder we got from Ko Simpson). I wouldn't say at all that that's a one-for-one trade.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Funny.

I am right there with you. The only downfall is that I think we unfortunately for the 10th year will not make the playoffs but they are finally doing the right things.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Hangartner: He looks like a mediocre Center. Not bad, not good, and he's undersized.
                    LMAO... He's 6-5, 301... I wonder what it takes to not be considered "undersized".

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                      LMAO... He's 6-5, 301... I wonder what it takes to not be considered "undersized".
                      Seriously. He isn't a fat slob but surely big enough, and able to move.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Levitre: Has struggled horribly. this guy is not ready for the NFL and will be a liability all year. In addition I haven't seen anything that tells me he will be good ever. He should have been learning behind Dockery.

Butler: I liked Butler last year and defended his play. At RG he's just above average which is fine. But at RT he's been an unmitigated disaster. You know why he didn't play RT coming out of school? Because his arms weren't long enough. But classic Bills, just like Walker, we'll put him where he is going to struggle.

Bell: Sloppy. Undersized up top and he's no Jason Peters. He beat out Walker, whoopie doo.
                        Your evaluations of these players are your opinion... But, given what I've shown in my 2 previous posts, your evaluation skills might be just a little off kilter.

BTW Bell is 6-5, 307... Another one of your "undersized" misconceptions.
                        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-11-2009, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Bitterness makes a person say all kinds of things.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I love the OL. Only position I am somewhat concerned about is the RT spot. Not sure if Butler is the answer there. I would like to see Scott push him for it.

I really think our play selection in terms of running the football will change this year. More toss, sweep, and stretch plays to take advantage of the speed and athleticism of our OL. Rather than power run plays.
                            Last edited by Mahdi; 09-11-2009, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                              Bitterness makes a person say all kinds of things.

you got that right. myself, Tackling Dummy, Typ0, and a few others heard it from the Lickers.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X