• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Pat's injury report (question)

Here’s the Patriots injury report for Thursday for players of note. New England isn’t quite as healthy as the Bills going into the season.

QB Tom Brady – right shoulder – full practice
    RB Sammy Morris – finger – limited practice
    DL Myron Pryor – calf – limited practice
    CB Shawn Springs – knee – limited practice
    TE Ben Watson – hamstring – full practice
    WR Wes Welker – knee – limited practice
    CB Terrence Wheatley – knee – limited practice
    link

How old are these injuries? NE39? NEbody?
    Last edited by mybills; 09-11-2009, 07:23 AM.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Pat's injury report (question)

Well, some practiced fully, and others had their practice limited. Doesn't that answer it for you?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

No. I only know when Brady got injured, and he's practicing fully.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

This one's odd...RB Sammy Morris – finger – limited practice

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mybills
          How old are these injuries? NE39? NEbody?
          Old enough that they don't have any practice squad eligibility.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

If they are all old injuries and they're just taking it easy in practice, then it sounds like CB is naive...
            "New England isn’t quite as healthy as the Bills going into the season."

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

The only one notable are Springs and Welker.

Morris, Watson and Brady are fine, just normal bumps-and-bruises stuff that occurs during a season.

Welker has missed a couple weeks of practices with his injury, although he was reportedly returning punts at he beginning of practice the other day. I think he will play, but you can never tell how much it will effect him.

Springs has missed a few weeks. He says he is ready to play, but given the position he plays you don't want to see him limited. I think he plays, though.

I don't think any of the injuries listed are long-term. The only real serious injury was Matt Slater's injury, where his elbow bent the wrong way. After seeing that, I thought he would be IR'ed for sure, but they kept him on the roster because he is their best ST player. My guess is he will miss a month or so at least.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                Nice! No offense to you, NE.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

then it sounds like CB is naive...
                  he's is there to spin anything into a Bills positive, and to get the fans hyped
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    he's is there to spin anything into a Bills positive, and to get the fans hyped
                    Usually. But if what NE39 says is true, he's right. Those are two major road block players that may not give the Bills as much trouble now.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Usually. But if what NE39 says is true, he's right. Those are two major road block players that may not give the Bills as much trouble now.
                      Well, unfortunately Welker will play. I'd guarantee it at this point unless he has some major setback in the next couple of days.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Based on what, the injury report? That is a fantasy.

Just because a guy is hurt doesn't mean he can't play well. Just because a guy isn't listed on the Bills injury report doesn't mean he isn't hurt.

This is the NFL, everyone is hurt all the time. As long as they aren't injured you are OK.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Since Welker is not going to blow anyone away in terms of his speed, I think his game is predicated mostly on precision route running and quickness to gain separation, other than the fact that he's a tough son of a gun who catches everything thrown at him. If his knee is bothering him, it might hamper his ability to plant and cut a bit. Otherwise it probably doesn't have much affect.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Based on what?

Welker has missed a couple weeks of practices with his injury, although he was reportedly returning punts at he beginning of practice the other day. I think he will play, but you can never tell how much it will effect him.

Springs has missed a few weeks. He says he is ready to play, but given the position he plays you don't want to see him limited. I think he plays, though.
                            Based on that I agree that you never know how much the injury affected them.

Comment

Working...
                            X