PDA

View Full Version : The 2000 NFL draft......

BigMike68
09-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Don't you ever wish you could go back and re-draft for the Bills heres how i would do the 2000 draft..........

Round Pick # Bill Selected New pick

1 26 DE Erik Flowers DE Darren Howard
2 58 FS Travaris Tillman WR Lavernious Cloes
3 89 LB Corey Moore RB Mike Anderson
4 121 WR Avion Black P Shayne Lechler
5 156 RB Sammy Morris RB Sammy Morris
6 194 DT Leif Larson QB Tom Brady
7 231 WR Drew Haddad WR Drew Haddad
7 251 LB Deshawn Polk LB Deshawn Polk

Ok now that i look at it better it was a very crappy year but we still should of had Howard at least considering we had no chance at the Arringtons and Browns. And i guess Morris Haddad and Polk were good picks considering Morris is still a decent player and both Haddad and Polk are late 7th rounders who are still suiting up in the league. It sure would be damn nice to be able to go back in time and re draft though.

BigMike68
09-01-2002, 11:34 PM
And i just looked at the sites ranking of Top 100 prospects and thought it was weird how Howard was drafted after Flowers but ranked so far ahead. Also Tillman was not in the top 100 at all. Butler really screwed us over here real real bad.

14. Darren Howard DE Kansas State
49. Erik Flowers DE Arizona State

SABURZFAN
09-02-2002, 06:22 AM
if ralph wilson didn't have his head in his @$$,this would have never happened.i'm sorry but if i owned an NFL football team,i'd be traveling with some scouts to get a close look for myself.the draft is THE most important part of successfully building a football team.i just feel that he loosened the reigns a bit after the SUPER BOWL runs.i'm thinking that he was living in the glory of the yesteryears while the inmates were running the asylum.

The_Philster
09-02-2002, 06:30 AM
Sorry, SABURZFAN.....but if Ralph were part of the selection process, that would have indicated his head was where you keep saying it is. He's not a scout nor should he think he is. He wasn't out there scouting talent during the Super Bowl years...Polian, Butler, and their scouting staff were doing the job. It's just that Butler proved he wasn't as good without Polian and then proved to be untrustworthy in the end.

casdhf
09-02-2002, 07:00 AM
Worst draft ever. :down: