PDA

View Full Version : Maybin Targeting Brady

The Juice Is Loose
09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090912/SPORTS03/909120324/1021/Buffalo+Bills+rookie+Maybin+says++bring+it+on+

If Maybin has 1 sack, 1 knockdown or pressure, and 1 other hustle or good effort play I'll never say anything bad about him again. Until he does something bad.

Mad Bomber
09-12-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090912/SPORTS03/909120324/1021/Buffalo+Bills+rookie+Maybin+says++bring+it+on+

If Maybin has 1 sack, 1 knockdown or pressure, and 1 other hustle or good effort play I'll never say anything bad about him again. Until he does something bad.
:rofl: Love it.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
welll i hope are DEs are targeting brady...:snicker: who else would they be lol?

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
LMAO.. Nothing like covering your bases

I promise to never say anything bad about you Juicy unless you start another thread

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
welll i hope are DEs are targeting brady...:snicker: who else would they be lol?

Well the last few years my guess would of been they were targeting an extended offseason

yordad
09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Was it my imagination, or does Kelsey know his days are numbered as the starter. That is probably why he is no longer a captain.

Mad Bomber
09-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Was it my imagination, or does Kelsey know his days are numbered as the starter. That is probably why he is no longer a captain.
Are his days numbered as a starter? I sure hope so.

Does he know it? Probably not, based on this organization's delusional confidence in him as a starting NFL DE.

yordad
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Are his days numbered as a starter? I sure hope so.

Does he know it? Probably not, based on this organization's delusional confidence in him as a starting NFL DE.I don't know, those Kelsey quotes gave me the impression Kelsey thinks Maybin is a lot like Bruce Leroy from The Last Dragon.

Dujek
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I'll quite happily take a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty if he sticks his helmet in Brady's face the first time he's on the field.

In all honestly, the people that probably benefit the most from Maybin being a Bill are the DBs, if opposition QBs are actually feeling pressure they won't have all day to find the open man.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
the pats will just assign 3 linemen to Maybin. they know that 2 guys can handle the rest of our d line

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
the pats will just assign 3 linemen to Maybin. they know that 2 guys can handle the rest of our d line

NOT True then Stroud will eat the middle of there OL up if they actually did something like that which they won't...

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I'll quite happily take a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty if he sticks his helmet in Brady's face the first time he's on the field.

Heck I'd be happy to lose the game if it meant we we're capable of treating Brady like a rag doll for 4 quarters.

but we should win if we're getting pressure... however that's a foriegn concept that I myself am no longer use to.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
NOT True then Stroud will eat the middle of there OL up if they actually did something like that which they won't...

I know its hard to believe but I was being a bit sarcastic :)

The Spaz
09-12-2009, 12:35 PM

If that's the case Schobel should be long gone. I don't think he has ever been a captain nor should he be.

yordad
09-12-2009, 01:09 PM
If that's the case Schobel should be long gone. I don't think he has ever been a captain nor should he be.Well, you already mentioned the difference. Schobel was never one. Kelsey on the other hand has been one for a couple years now. Get it?

BillsWin
09-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Matt Cassell. They never got the memo...

BillsFanInMass
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
lol

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Id say Starks is better than any OT the Pats have so thats a good sign.

Michael82
09-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I got the same feeling....

jamze132
09-13-2009, 01:56 AM
If Maybin gets off to a fast start, Kelsay or Denney will be gone by WK6 one way or another. They are going to need a roster spot for Hardy anyways.

I highly doubt we could trade either one of those buffoons but, we could try.

mybills
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM
said Maybin, one of three finalists in 2008 for the Bednarik Award as the best defensive player in college football. "But I never put a ceiling on myself. I always expect more from myself than anyone else."

:hail: Maybin

yordad
09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't know, those Kelsey quotes gave me the impression Kelsey thinks Maybin is a lot like Bruce Leroy from The Last Dragon.Thanks Mikey82 (http://billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=7), I was hoping someone would get this joke. :snicker:

Hemlepp53
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
58 is a MONSTER.. JUICE .. Accept the fact he is a BEAST and will be a dominate player for us for years to come. Get Over It... He's A Bill and you look silly....

Mitchell55
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Maybin, target Billicheck 1st.

Hemlepp53
09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
"He's got a glow about him," said seventh-year defensive end Chris Kelsay. "He's not afraid. He's not cocky but he's very, very confident."

Week 4 baby.... Kelsay is outta here and Maybin will cement himself as a starter. Kelsay knows it and doesnt want to look anymore stupid than the kid has made him look...

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
hope he smashes his face into the ground and breaks his collarbone

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
hope he smashes his face into the ground and breaks his collarbone

Kelsay deserves it!!

BillsWin
09-13-2009, 09:10 PM
maybe we can trade Kelsay to the UFL for a paperclip and a box of junior mints. :idunno:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2009, 06:30 AM
I know that a lot of people here are down on Schobel, but he has sacked Brady more than any other player in the league. His absence last year should have shown people just what an impact he has had on the Bills' pass rush and how much he means to it. Schobel and Stroud are both players that opposing offenses have to account for.

That being the case, even though Maybin is only a rookie and still has a long way to go, when Maybin plays opposite Schobel the Bills should have a chance to put some heat on Brady. Maybin's first step is amazing and, because of Schobel and Stroud, he should be singled up most of the time when Brady drops back to pass.

Brady is the best that I have ever seen at feeling the rush and being able to just take one little step or two to avoid it, you have to wonder just how easy it will be for Brady to do that coming back off of his knee injury. Maybin, Schobel and Stroud should be able to get close to Brady, with his knee, Brady just may feel the heat more than he has in the past, even if they don't get to him for a sack. And, I think that when Maybin is on the field (which I doubt that he will be even half of the time), they may actually be able to get to him and sack him a couple of times.

While they only had 10 sacks in the 4+ games that the Bills played with Schobel in the lineup last season, they did get a lot of pressure on the QB in those games. Now, I know that the Pats and their offensive line are a different order of magnitude than the teams that the Bills were going up against early last season, but the addition of Maybin to the Bills' pass rush should more than make up for that (or at least make up for it). I think that Maybin and the Bills will be able to get some heat on Brady. It will be up to the LBs and secondary to take advantage of that (a big key will also be not letting the Pats rip them with draw plays--which the LBs will have to prevent).