PDA

View Full Version : whos going to cover owens

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 11:37 AM
whos going to cover owens...AND evans? our Oline wont fall apart every single play so dont give me that BS. Trent can take 7 sacks and still be able to throw it 30 times. Whos going to cover them?

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:46 AM
(raises hand)

I will

The Juice Is Loose
09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
NOBODY CAN COVER TO

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
NOBODY CAN COVER TO

TO and Evans is our X factor, and the one thing we or anyone else for that matter has seen enough of this preseason to now how that is going to effect the opposing D :cas:

Joe Fo Sho
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
whos going to cover owens...AND evans? our Oline wont fall apart every single play so dont give me that BS. Trent can take 7 sacks and still be able to throw it 30 times. Whos going to cover them?

Don't forget that 25 of those throws are going to be to the flats...

But hey, 5 touchdown bombs is good enough for me.

mysticsoto
09-12-2009, 12:37 PM
If we had a great OL I'd be inclined to agree that nobody will be able to cover both TO and Evans without leaving an opening somewhere. Except that all the Patriots or any team has to do is play their safeties in to help cover the short routes and blitz. They will get to Trent every time or in the very least, force him to get rid of it earlier than he wants to. The OL as a whole still can't handle an avg Dline and not only did they show that blitzing confused them on who to pick up, but even worse, our RBs were incapable of blocking the blitzer. Belicheck would be crazy not to come up with such a simple scheme to beat us...

Perhaps they've worked on it these last couple of days to counter it, but what they showed in preseason was pretty lame in terms of how to handle the blitz...

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 12:43 PM
like i said..they wont get pressure every play. ESP. the patriots. There defense isnt good.

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
If we had a great OL I'd be inclined to agree that nobody will be able to cover both TO and Evans without leaving an opening somewhere. Except that all the Patriots or any team has to do is play their safeties in to help cover the short routes and blitz. They will get to Trent every time or in the very least, force him to get rid of it earlier than he wants to. The OL as a whole still can't handle an avg Dline and not only did they show that blitzing confused them on who to pick up, but even worse, our RBs were incapable of blocking the blitzer. Belicheck would be crazy not to come up with such a simple scheme to beat us...

Perhaps they've worked on it these last couple of days to counter it, but what they showed in preseason was pretty lame in terms of how to handle the blitz...

The only thing we have to combat this is stretching the field. The one thing we didn't even seem to attempt in preseason, and one of the biggest reason we have as many debbie downers here including myself.

If by some chance Trent can trust his WR's to make the play and he throws down field early and connects on a few then we will have a looser field to play with and the OL will be in a better position for the game

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
The only thing we have to combat this is stretching the field. The one thing we didn't even seem to attempt in preseason, and one of the biggest reason we have as many debbie downers here including myself.

If by some chance Trent can trust his WR's to make the play and he throws down field early and connects on a few then we will have a looser field to play with and the OL will be in a better position for the game

i dont rememeber seeing TO out there in preseason.

Ickybaluky
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
The starting CB are Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden, so I imagine it will be them. Jonathan Wilhite will be the nickel CB.

MassEffect218435
09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
They'll probably have Springs on him, Springs owned T.O. during his time with Washington.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
They'll probably have Springs on him, Springs owned T.O. during his time with Washington.

thats not true at all. But sure. and he may not even play.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 04:33 PM
i dont feel like posting the stats to prove you wrong but go look. Owens scored 4 tds one game against wash lol.

zone
09-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Yea, no.

In 2006 The first game Springs did not play. In the second Owens had 7 receptions for 76 yards and a TD.

In 2007 Owens in the first game had 8 receptions 173 yards and 4 TD's. In the second game TO did not play.

In 2008 Owens in the first game had 7 receptions 71 yards and a TD. In the second games Springs did not play.

So if that is being owned I really hope he owns him like that on Monday.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Yea, no.

In 2006 The first game Springs did not play. In the second Owens had 7 receptions for 76 yards and a TD.

In 2007 Owens in the first game had 8 receptions 173 yards and 4 TD's. In the second game TO did not play.

In 2008 Owens in the first game had 7 receptions 71 yards and a TD. In the second games Springs did not play.

So if that is being owned I really hope he owns him like that on Monday.

Ty zone. I looked it up and saw that too. I just didnt feel like psoting it to prove non bills fans wrong.

zone
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Ty zone. I looked it up and saw that too. I just didnt feel like psoting it to prove non bills fans wrong.
Yea, the fact of the matter is; no one owns TO. He will take any DB in the league to school man up.

billsTOfan
09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
The Masseffect got Schooled in this thread. Damn. You straight out got worked! He is a Pat fan

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Springs will probably but that depends if hes faster than Bodden. The faster one and more athletic will cover Evans where the slower one should cover Owens with a double team.

ddaryl
09-12-2009, 06:36 PM
i dont rememeber seeing TO out there in preseason.

Just out of curiosity what does that have to do with what I said

TO or not we should have been taking some shots down field.

Now I expect that to change with TO back in action... but it was rediculous of the Bills, Schonert and Trent to not try and put the opposing D on there heals some, and it is something they needed to practice outside of practice