PDA

View Full Version : Position to position- Pats vs Bills

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
QB- Pats. Hof Brady vs Trent Edwards. Obviously Pats
RB- Pats. If we had Lynch it would be the bills, and still could be but with Taylor, Pats win this.
WR- Bills. Galloway played 12 games last year and didnt score a single TD. Reed is much better and Roscoe along with Steve is better than Aiken or anyone else they have. Owens and Moss are even and Welker probably wont play.
TE- Undecided. We still dont know how well our TEs will be with Nelsen.
OL- Undecided. Both teams are a mystery at OL.
DEs- Pats- I think this is Warren and Burgess vs Schobel, Kelsay, and Maybin. Warren had only 2 sacks last year and is better suited for DT or 3-4. Burgess is good, but on a decline and comming off of a injury. Id give the edge to NE based off of Schobel=Burgess, Warren over Kelsay, Maybin undecided.
DT- Even. This is a tough one but all they have if Wilfork and hes not meant to be a 4-3 DT at all. Stroud is a PB caliber DT in the 4-3 and Williams is solid. Brace I dont think should start for any team yet. The only DT I saw comming out as a immediate starter was Raji and that was only on certain teams.
LB- Pats, barely- Only because of Mayo. I think Adalius will have alot of trouble in the 4-3 and Mitchell and him will be about even as a 4-3 LB. Mayo makes up for it but I think Pos can become just as good but they are also 2 different playing styles. Its hard to compare but they both I think are equaly good in there own way.
CBs- Bills. Hands down. Springs is old and washed up. Bodden is nothing and I dont even know who there NB is. McGee did a decent job vs Moss last year and McKelvin will be a hell of a playmaking CB. I dont know exactly who our NB is, whether its Corner, Youboty, or Florence who is out. But Corner had a great pre season and Youboty looked great last year untill his injury.
Ss- Bills. Merriweather is even with Whitner, and Scott/Byrd have the edge over Sanders.

ST- Bills

Pats- 4
Bills- 3
Undecided- 2
Even- 1

Crisis
09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Threads like this are dumb, comparing players who will never be on the field at the same time head-to-head has no effect on the game, and that's not even mentioning that half of these comparisons are completely biased.

BTW, I see you changed your mind on McKelvin (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=178606) pretty fast.

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Threads like this are dumb, comparing players who will never be on the field at the same time head-to-head has no effect on the game, and that's not even mentioning that half of these comparisons are completely biased.

BTW, I see you changed your mind on McKelvin (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=178606) pretty fast.

I was mad. Im also comparing based on position by position, which teams better.

Lexwhat
09-12-2009, 07:05 PM
WR- Bills. Galloway played 12 games last year and didnt score a single TD. Reed is much better and Roscoe along with Steve is better than Aiken or anyone else they have. Owens and Moss are even and Welker probably wont play.
TE- Undecided. We still dont know how well our TEs will be with Nelsen.
OL- Undecided. Both teams are a mystery at OL.

1. Welker will play.

2. Galloway did not play 12 games last year. Where the hell are you getting this info from? I think you are just making it up. Show me a link.

3. Our tight ends are inferior to New England's. Ben Watson and Chris Baker vs. Derek Schouman and Nelson? Are you serious?

4. The OL comparison and calling it "undecided" is the most ridiculous statement ever. It's not even close!!! Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neil, (I forget the RT's name). You're actually comparing that line to the Bills line? What a joke.

BillsOwnAll
09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
also you totally forgot about taylor in your "prediction thread" but in this threw it puts them over the top?

billsTOfan
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
The Oline and DT thing is a joke.

BillsWin
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
:sadwalk:

DMBcrew36
09-12-2009, 09:06 PM
1. Welker will play.

2. Galloway did not play 12 games last year. Where the hell are you getting this info from? I think you are just making it up. Show me a link.

3. Our tight ends are inferior to New England's. Ben Watson and Chris Baker vs. Derek Schouman and Nelson? Are you serious?

4. The OL comparison and calling it "undecided" is the most ridiculous statement ever. It's not even close!!! Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neil, (I forget the RT's name). You're actually comparing that line to the Bills line? What a joke.

I agree with your post but I have two points to add...

The Pats linebackers are not just 'barely' better. Mayo alone makes their linebacking core much better than ours but they also have Adelius Thomas, who is a beast. Also, Merriweather is not 'even' with Whitner. I'd take Merriweather over Whitner 100% of the time.

patmoran2006
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM
My man..

If you insist on this stuff-- next time, compare the Bills OL to the Pats DL, vice versa, etc.

That's how you gain a more reasonable comparison.

Unless Fred Taylor plans on playing linebacker and shadowing Fred Jackson, this style of comparison is completely irrelevent.

malo
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
How about coaches? Who wins there?

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
1. Welker will play.

Ok, 9. Who cares, its irrelevant. The point is he only had 13 catches in those 9 games and only 138 yds. Not good. Welker is questionable. For all we know Nelsen can be a top 5 TE this year. We dont know, hes a rookie. Im not going to say that there TEs are better than a player we know nothing about yet. The OL comparison is the same. Our whole line is different. No one knows what to expect at all. How to you say that there good or bad. The reason its undecided is because we dont know how good our line is.

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
The Oline and DT thing is a joke.

What about the DT thing is bad.

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 09:41 PM

The Pats linebackers are not just 'barely' better. Mayo alone makes their linebacking core much better than ours but they also have Adelius Thomas, who is a beast. Also, Merriweather is not 'even' with Whitner. I'd take Merriweather over Whitner 100% of the time.

Ok, I agree with the last part. Now Mayo and Thomas have never played in a 4-3. Thomas is meant for 4-3 DE and hes going to play 4-3 LB. His skills are rushing the passer and not defending the run. Mayo also is suited for 3-4 not 4-3 so he will have a down year.

BillsWin
09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
What about the DT thing is bad.

because the Pats have Vince Wilfork. One of the best tackles in the entire league (also one of the biggest jackasses...) and their ends are not that bad either.

Our D-line has Stroud. Sure we have Schobel, but he is old now and can't stay healthy. Maybin is a rookie who hasn't played a real nfl down yet, and Kelsay is trash. Denney is a joke. Ellis has yet to contribute.

You really think we are even when we were dead last in the league for sacks last season?

Our o-line is a mystery. Theirs isn't. Even though they haven't looked like the Pats line of a few years ago, they are still light years ahead of the group we will be fielding.

Not to say that our o-line doesn't have potential to be pretty good some day, the fact just is we are no where near as polished as the Patriots.

Really you can't compare position by position because it really means nothing in the game of football.

I've seen God awful teams that had nowhere near the talent of their opponents go into a game and run away with it.

the point is you can't sit and compare two teams like this because in the end the only thing that matters is what happens on the field and anything can happen. That is why American football is the greatest sport in the world.

BillsWin
09-12-2009, 09:59 PM
that being said. 24-21 Buffalo.

Go Bills.

DMBcrew36
09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Ok, I agree with the last part. Now Mayo and Thomas have never played in a 4-3. Thomas is meant for 4-3 DE and hes going to play 4-3 LB. His skills are rushing the passer and not defending the run. Mayo also is suited for 3-4 not 4-3 so he will have a down year.

I suppose, but Mayo and Thomas in general are more talented than our linebackers. Belichick will put them in positions and situations to succeed.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Doing an analysis, position by position, as already posted by Pat is wrong.

That being said using this analysis, we don't have the Pats beat in one single area of the game.

Sad but true.

MassEffect218435
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM

That being said using this analysis, we don't have the Pats beat in one single area of the game.

Sad but true.Punter

Mitchell55
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Sad but true.

Um, RB, CB, and WR we do defintley. Reed over galloway. McGee over Springs, McKelvin over Bodden, and our RBs are defintley better.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Um, RB, CB, and WR we do defintley. Reed over galloway. McGee over Springs, McKelvin over Bodden, and our RBs are defintley better.

Morris, Faulk, Taylor > Lynch, Jackson, Omon

The Pats have two borderline HOF type players at the position, we do not.

Moss and Welker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TO and Evans

It's not even close.

Springs, Bodden, Wheatley, Wilhite vs McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty - I guess....

If you like experience, I'd go Pats. If you like youth, I'd go Bills. Experience usually trumps inexperience however, so it gives a slight edge to the Pats.

Mitchell55
09-13-2009, 12:53 AM

It's not even close.

Springs, Bodden, Wheatley, Wilhite vs McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty - I guess....

If you like experience, I'd go Pats. If you like youth, I'd go Bills. Experience usually trumps inexperience however, so it gives a slight edge to the Pats.

Lynch is a pro bowl RB. Taylor is a aging RB who will probably retire in the next 2 years. TO is equal to Moss and Welker is successfull because of the double and tripple teams of Moss and Brady being the QB. The guy went through 2 teams before he played for the pats.

Lexwhat
09-13-2009, 01:22 AM

It's not even close.

I don't really see how Lynch and Jackson are inferior to what the Pats have? Just in terms of pure rushing talent, we have a better 1-2 punch than they do. I am as critical of the Bills as anyone else here, but let's be real. Marshawn would most definitely be the #1 RB if he was on the Pats.

Their WR group is more talented than ours, but we have a pretty damn good group too. The biggest variable here is that Brady has such great chemistry with Moss and Welker. Consequently, the Patriots probably have the most dangerous passing game in the league.

Lexwhat
09-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Ok, 9. Who cares, its irrelevant. The point is he only had 13 catches in those 9 games and only 138 yds. Not good. Welker is questionable. For all we know Nelsen can be a top 5 TE this year. We dont know, hes a rookie. Im not going to say that there TEs are better than a player we know nothing about yet. The OL comparison is the same. Our whole line is different. No one knows what to expect at all. How to you say that there good or bad. The reason its undecided is because we dont know how good our line is.

Welker is listed as "questionable," but that's just because Bill Belichick is a shady, ruthless devil. I fully expect Welker to play.

I don't really know how to respond to the rest of your post. As of now, their O-Line is significantly better than ours. Let's be real.

Lexwhat
09-13-2009, 01:42 AM

I thought this too, but didn't have the energy to continue my post.

All good points.

jamze132
09-13-2009, 01:49 AM
This thread reminds me of that old C&C Music Factory song...

Crisis
09-13-2009, 02:35 AM

It's not even close.

I'm with you but the Pats don't have two borderline HOF running backs...taylor maybe...morris/faulk? hell no.

Billz_fan
09-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Position by Position Analysis ?

Are we in the Super Bowl ?

Lexwhat
09-13-2009, 03:20 AM
I'm with you but the Pats don't have two borderline HOF running backs...taylor maybe...morris/faulk? hell no.

Maybe he was talking about the WRs?

*Shrugs*

Billz_fan
09-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I have an analysis

In the last 4 regular season games vs NE we are 0-4 and have been outscored 127-27.

The Patriots, who have won 12 of their last 14 home openers, are 7-0 against the Bills at Gillette Stadium.

The Patriots have beaten the Bills 11 consecutive games. The last game we won was 2003.

I would be more optomistic if this game was the Bills home opener on Monday night football. Being that scenario is reversed I see no reason for the Patriots to stumble in this game. I will come back and dance on the roof if we pull this off but don't put any hard earned cash on it.