• clumping platelets

Re: True or False... Bledsoe was the best QB since Kelly

The ONLY other option is Flutie but I would go with Bledsoe

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Bledsoe would have won the Bills a championship if he had an offensive line. The problem with Drew was that he took alot of sacks. He wasnt the kind of player who could run, or move around the pocket.

If you think Bledsoe sucked, then you don't know football.

Keep him upright and the Bills would have won a Super Bowl.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
          Bledsoe would have won the Bills a championship if he had an offensive line. The problem with Drew was that he took alot of sacks. He wasnt the kind of player who could run, or move around the pocket.

If you think Bledsoe sucked, then you don't know football.

Keep him upright and the Bills would have won a Super Bowl.

I don't dispute was a good QB , but let's not get carried away. NE won without him, Dallas and B-lo didn't come close with him. By the time he got to the Bills , his best days were behind him. Do you think NE would have traded him to the Bills if they honestly thought he could hurt them in the long run? There was a reason Bledsoe was called a living statue. As far as talent , yeah the best since Kelly was here. Sad isn't it?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Prov401
            President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
            • Aug 2008

Hmm.... I'd say it's a draw between Flutie and Bledsoe. Flutie got us to 10-6, and 11-5, oh and he was 20-6 as a starter here is Buffalo, as well as brought us to the playoffs in both years (though he was backstabbed for RJ in the playoff game against the Titans).

If Bledose was on THAT team in '98', '99', the team that had a top 5 defense, and a solid offensive line, then yea, we probably would have went to the Superbowl. Point is, Bledose caught the Bills when we sucked on D. Let's face it, if we had a defense in 2002, we would have been in the AFC Championship, at the very least IMO.
            Last edited by Prov401; 09-13-2009, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• billsTOfan
              Also know as "The Popcorn"
              • Jul 2009

Kurt Warner=Drew Bledsoe

Same exact type of QB. Big arm, Cement Shoes, Nice IQ, Leader, Good Career Numbers.

Everyone is on Warner's nuts now.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by billsTOfan
                Kurt Warner=Drew Bledsoe

Same exact type of QB. Big arm, Cement Shoes, Nice IQ, Leader, Good Career Numbers.

Everyone is on Warner's nuts now.
                Yeah the only problem with that is Warner is a winner. He wins everywhere he goes. What has Bledsoe every won? Nothing.

Comment

• billsTOfan
                  Also know as "The Popcorn"
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                  Yeah the only problem with that is Warner is a winner. He wins everywhere he goes. What has Bledsoe every won? Nothing.
                  Warner was a loser in NY and won nothing in Arizona. After stinking in NY, he was signed as a backup in Zona.

Winning a ring isn't an indicator of being a better pro. Look at our beloved Jim Kelly. 0-4 in big games. I still rate him far above Warner.

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by billsTOfan
                    Warner was a loser in NY and won nothing in Arizona. After stinking in NY, he was signed as a backup in Zona.

Winning a ring isn't an indicator of being a better pro. Look at our beloved Jim Kelly. 0-4 in big games. I still rate him far above Warner.
                    I agree. Drew Bledsoe was a decade late unfortunatley. However, he did take the Patriots to the Superbowl in 1996, and made them relevant. Bledsoe pretty much built Gillette Stadium. Drew needed a tight end, and only had one great one in his career in Ben Coates. Coates was pivital in Bledsoe's success in New England.

Look at these numbers...

6717 in attempts, 3839 in completions. That's a 57.2% completion percentage.

44611 yards, 251 TD's, and 201 Ints.

All in 12 1/2 seasons in the NFL

That's incredible. I personally believe Drew had too much pride to stay in the NFL as a backup, being bounced around from team to team, and it's understood. But he definitley could have played another 3-4 years in this leauge. He is still only 37 yeards old. I still don't think there are 32 QB's better than Drew even today in the NFL. I'd take him over Gerrard, Orton, Russell, Leftwich, and Hill.
                    Last edited by Prov401; 09-13-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Bledsoe made too many blunders and lost too many games. He played himself out of Buffalo. I'll always remember him for the Pittsburgh 2004 debacle; that typified his career, at least here. He screwed up in the end, when it mattered most.
                      He was all about quantity, not quality.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Bledsoe is the type of old school QB. Damn good one also. But the thing with those types of QBs you need to have a damn good and big OLine. Needs his protection ala Troy Aikmen. No team ever gave him that type of OLine. We would of done something if we would of gave him an allpro OLine.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

For the 1st half of his the 1st season he was here ....yes

after that it was a tie
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 09-13-2009, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Flutie was 20-9 as a starter and got us to our last playoff spot. If some of you would get off the bias concerning his size, or that the defense won games for him (Rob Johnson had the same D), you would see that he had the heart, desire, and competitive fire to win for this franchise.

Bledsoe is a distant second.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

FLUTIE>BLEDSOE

Flutie could take a team all the way to the play offs
                              Bledsoe dive bombed just before them..did the same thing in Dallas.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X