PDA

View Full Version : I wish our FO would be honest with the fans.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm convinced that Peters was never getting signed in Buffalo because Bell was given the job back in February. In addition Walker was dead man walking. He was a "just in case" insurance policy and got cut exactly when the Bills expected to cut him.

The Bills are poor communicators because they would have to explain the incompetenance. It takes 3 years to build a winner. The Bills are now is season 4 of the "rebuilding" process and looking at the barrel of potentially thier worst season.

Maybe the FO could just say we screwed up and here's what happened. I'd like to here it and as fans we deserve it considering we pay their salaries, including Ralph's.

The honsety might at least make us fell better about "billieving".

trapezeus
09-13-2009, 09:17 AM
the tricky part of that, is if they were comfortable trading peters because of bell, there is no way they can communicate that with us fans because then peters trade value won't be a first and a 3rd or whatever it was. Since we have no input on the players, they can't tell us that.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 09:20 AM
the tricky part of that, is if they were comfortable trading peters because of bell, there is no way they can communicate that with us fans because then peters trade value won't be a first and a 3rd or whatever it was. Since we have no input on the players, they can't tell us that.

Yes, there is alot that they can't say. I get that. But after the trade we have essentially heard nothing. We still never got the contract details on what we offered.

SABURZFAN
09-13-2009, 09:21 AM
it starts with the Hall of Fame schuyster. the Old Fart hasn't been honest with Buffalo fans for 50 years. he takes their money and finds ways not to spend it.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 09:21 AM

Russ Brandon could easily addres the o-line that he got ripped in the Buffalo news over.

ddaryl
09-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Why start now...

but I agree with Trap... You have to play those cards close to the chest., and as much as we want to know everything it will never happen in this organization or any other. Certain things are left in the offices for a reason.

It doens't give them an excuse to keep sucking at what they do, but at least we got a 1st rd pick for the ass clown. AND they we're smart enough to address the lines with 3 out of the 1st 4 draft picks in this years draft.

This was the 1st year we actually took the lines very serioulsy in our drafting, and that was a huge positive in my book. It's a new strategy for the Bills and the one they should of been practicing the whole time, and of course the real reason why we are looking at 10 years without a playoff birth.

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2009, 09:25 AM
How would that have worked.

Would the Front office have gone... PSSSSST Don't tell Walker but we are just keeping him around just in case. We are most likely going to cut him....

MassEffect218435
09-13-2009, 09:29 AM
As long as people keep buying those jerseys and season tickets the front office will continue to do as little as possible to win. You want things to change, stop buying jerseys and season tickets.

THATHURMANATOR
09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
As long as people keep buying those jerseys and season tickets the front office will continue to do as little as possible to win. You want things to change, stop buying jerseys and season tickets.
I know what you are trying to get at here and I can't say I totally disagree with that assesment but by doing those things we are assuring the team moving from the area. They have us by the balls in that sense.

Besides I buy knockoff jerseys from Chinese websites.

ddaryl
09-13-2009, 09:33 AM

that won't work either IMO... By the time Ralph takes notice he'll be pushing daisies

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
How would that have worked.

Would the Front office have gone... PSSSSST Don't tell Walker but we are just keeping him around just in case. We are most likely going to cut him....

When you have a cohesive and comprhensive strategy you don't need to hide your intentions. Walker is under contract so stating that you are going find players that can do X is not uncommon at all. Maybe he's works harder to lose weight etc.

This FO keeps everything a secret because they don't have the nuts to say what they beleive because it always leaves them an out when it doesn't work. It's alot easier to blame everything on external forces.

What happened to the "bigger line" theory. Is anyone going to explain why they build a huge line for pass protection, that actually worked fairly well, to dismantle it for the smaller faster line? It's the same regime. Get my point.

SquishDaFish
09-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Noone gets your points any longer HH. If you hate this team so much go be a fan elsewhere.

jamze132
09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Most of us don't need to "hear" the FO say they messed up, we just know.

Goobylal
09-13-2009, 11:24 AM
If the plan was to start Bell all along, they would have made him the starter all along. They gained nothing by doing it the way it happened. The trade of Peters still would have gone through, and probably would have gotten them more if the Bills showed the Eagles that they didn't have to deal him, since they had a great prospect to replace him. And letting Walker take the starting reps from Bell only hurt Bell's development.

What I think happened is that Peters told the Bills he was going to finish out his contract and leave, period, the Bills realized he'd probably give the same half-assed effort he did last year, and looked to trade him. They probably liked Bell, but weren't comfortable making him the starting LT without seeing him in at least pre-season games, and went with Walker at LT, because he'd played there before. When they saw Bell performing in pre-season, they realized he was ready. But then he hurt his back and they couldn't make the move. When he got healthy, they cut Walker. No deception, no lies, just bad timing.