• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

My thoughts on today's games

- The jets D is gonna be a tough one....they're a better team than last year, maybe only because of Ryan.
    - Cowboys looked sooo sloppy...typical Wade Phillips. They did what they had to, but I dont expect them to compete in the NFC East.
    - Speaking of NFC East, how long is McNabb out for? Is Vick going to start next week or Kolb? This is gonna weaken the division, as I thought the Eagles might be better than the Giants with McNabb, but they arent without him.
    - Denver doesnt look very good either, they got ridiculously lucky to beat a Cincy team that may be improved, but not that good still.
    - The Saints offense is going to tear us up. Only chance we have is to run the doggone ball and control the TOP
    - AP is quite ridiculous. Favre looked sloppy at times.
    - Miami's D looked decent but overall the Fins looked quite worse than last year, to me. Falcons are tough though, so who knows.
    - Not sure if Baltimore just played poorly or the Chiefs played well (or got lucky), but that game shouldnt have been as close as it was. Many thought the Ravens might win the AFC...not if they play that way.

• Al the Bills Fan
    • Aug 2007

Re: My thoughts on today's games

the soonest Vick could start would be week 3

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Please note that Tampa looked sloppy after the first half, especially on offense. Leftwich was struggling and you could tell he was in pain. i think we can beat them next week.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by shelby
        Please note that Tampa looked sloppy after the first half, especially on offense. Leftwich was struggling and you could tell he was in pain. i think we can beat them next week.
        I think so as well. They ran on the Cowboys, but that was their only consistent offense. If we can contain Antonio Bryant from making big plays and do a decent job in the run game, I see this as a W.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          - The jets D is gonna be a tough one....they're a better team than last year, maybe only because of Ryan.
          - Cowboys looked sooo sloppy...typical Wade Phillips. They did what they had to, but I dont expect them to compete in the NFC East.
          - Speaking of NFC East, how long is McNabb out for? Is Vick going to start next week or Kolb? This is gonna weaken the division, as I thought the Eagles might be better than the Giants with McNabb, but they arent without him.
          - Denver doesnt look very good either, they got ridiculously lucky to beat a Cincy team that may be improved, but not that good still.
          - The Saints offense is going to tear us up. Only chance we have is to run the doggone ball and control the TOP
          - AP is quite ridiculous. Favre looked sloppy at times.
          - Miami's D looked decent but overall the Fins looked quite worse than last year, to me. Falcons are tough though, so who knows.
          - Not sure if Baltimore just played poorly or the Chiefs played well (or got lucky), but that game shouldnt have been as close as it was. Many thought the Ravens might win the AFC...not if they play that way.
          I watched parts of several one o clock games this afternoon and you are right on. I haven't seen any of the four o clock games yet. Here's some additional stuff that I have seen.

-Denver and Cincy are bad teams. I expect little to nothing out of them this year.

-Philly looked awesome, if McNabb's injury isn't serious I think they are the early frontrunners in the NFC this year. They totally dismantled Carolina, it was over by halftime.

-Minnesota is going to win the NFC North if AP stays healthy. He is the closest thing the NFL has seen to Jim Brown since he retired. As long as Favre doesn't turn into an interception machine and AP is there and healthy, I think Minnesota will go deep into the playoffs.

-If you bet on football, here's how to make money this year: Bet the Over on every Saints game. Good offense, bad defense. They'll at least be fun to watch.

-KC is improving. I watched a little bit of that game and they are moving in the right direction. If San Diego has a down year this year, I think the AFC West is a four horse race to 8-8 like last year and KC might surprise us and be alive in the playoff hunt late.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

The reason the Eagles looked so good is because Delhomme is done as a QB. Five turnovers on the day, leading to 24 points, is pathetic. Add the punt return for a TD which was aided by a missed block in the back, and the Panthers were never in the game after their opening TD drive.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

My husband is a Bucs fan. The pregame smack talk has already begun in our house.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Here's my thoughts.

It's week 1 and if you bet $$ based on what you saw after one game, you'll be living in a shelter by mid-October.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Here's my thoughts.

It's week 1 and if you bet $$ based on what you saw after one game, you'll be living in a shelter by mid-October.
                  i never said anything about betting, but yeah its tough to tell what today's outcomes truly mean.

Comment

• Syderick
                    • Apr 2006

"He is the closest thing the NFL has seen to Jim Brown since he retired."

Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson?

Brett Favre's just has to be a game manager for the Vikings. Adrian Peterson is a good back no doubt. Favre has to take it easy and play conservatively.
                    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by shelby
                      Shelby lets wait and see....I actually think they looked better then I expected..
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                        Shelby lets wait and see....I actually think they looked better then I expected..
                        maybe Cadillac, but other than that they looked mediocre at best.

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

I think the Jets D defiantly is going to be tough, looks like Diet Raven's.

Also, San Fran impressed me, Singletary might just be a great coach.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                          X