PDA

View Full Version : Are you prepared for tommorow?

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
The Bills are going up against one of the best coached teams and one of the best DL's in the league with 5 new starters, none of which started at their current position at the start of last year. But, the have 6 new starters on defense as well.

I think that if they can just manage to hold up... if they can just give Trent some time... the Bills can move the ball and win this game.

But I reallyt think the whole game starts and ends with our O and D lines.

If we cant get to Brady, and if we cant give Trent time, this could be a long night.

I just still hold some hope that the youngsters across our OL will learn quickly, shake off the jitters, and even by the end of the game show us what they can be this year.

Jarvis Green against Bell? Ill take Bell, Green isnt too much more seasoned than Bell and I like Bells athleticism against a guy who is mostly a finesse style rusher.

Wilfork vs. Wood and Han? Hes going to get pressure but I have a gut feeling it wont be as much as you would think.

Warren vs. Butler? Butler has a nasty streak and I have a feeling he gets pissed early and his nastiness comes out.

How do we help the team succeed early? I think we need to run the ball. Not up the gut necessarily, off tackle, shuttles, traps. I also think we need to throw short until the guiys get a feel and then take shots... quick slants, curls, use the TE.

If we game plan this the right way, we can move the ball and give our line confidence and then start opening it up.

I like the hard nosed, nasty approach of our guys, I think we have a real shot to steal one.

BillsWin
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
The Bills will win. i have foreseen it... and all is right in the world when the BillsWin.

SABuffalo786
09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0061/4632/buffalo_bills_fans-06_feature.jpg

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Brady looks shaky in this game too. You know were bringing Maybin and the heat... he may take some hits.

But even if he doesn't, he still just hasnt played real ball in almost a full year.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Brady will be sharp early and take the Pats down the field on their first possession for a TD. It's just the way I see this thing starting.

BILLSROCK1212
09-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Brady will be sharp early and take the Pats down the field on their first possession for a TD. It's just the way I see this thing starting.
I definitely agree....they'll drive w/ a few nice passes to Welker and Faulk and then lob it up for Moss

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM

It wouldn't shock me. But, I don't think its as sure of a thing as it would usually is.

BillsWin
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
The Patriots will take an early 14-0 lead. The Bills will battle back to take a 17-14 lead in the third. Bills will score. 24-14. Pats will score, 24-21.

Bills will go three and out with 5:46 left.

Brady will throw an INT to Leodis McKelvin.

BillsWin 24-21.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm blowing off tennis practice to watch this game because it's at 7PM.

I'm going to be pissed if it's 38-10.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm blowing off tennis practice to watch this game because it's at 7PM.

I'm going to be pissed if it's 38-10.

Hey, if it starts out like most Bills/Pats games, then you might be able to make it to tennis practice by 7:30pm! :chuckle:

Hemlepp53
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey, if it starts out like most Bills/Pats games, then you might be able to make it to tennis practice by 7:30pm! :chuckle:

Boooo.. That's Dick..... :roflmao:

BAM
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes I am prepared! I may not sleep tonight but I am prepared!

feldspar
09-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Not to make an empty post, but I'm done speculating. I'm only waiting to see what actually happens, and I can hardly wait. Like the original post said, a lot of what happens will depend on the offensive and defensive lines.

mysticsoto
09-14-2009, 12:48 AM
At this point, I'd just like it to be a good, close game. I'm tired of being embarrassed in front of the entire nation. One of the good things is that Belicheck doesn't have much tape on us right now to go with. He doesn't know what AVP will do. There isn't much tape with TO working in our offense. We could come out and surprise - but that would mean we actually have good planning / coaching...I'm sure you can understand my skepticism.

That being said, Belicheck is going to likely plan to try and confuse our young Oline. I predict lots of stunts and blitzing...

clumping platelets
09-14-2009, 01:08 AM

:bullseye:

paladin warrior
09-14-2009, 01:32 AM
:monkeyp:N.E :hail: PLS Bufflao BIll's WIN :grovel:

Michael82
09-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Hell yeah I'm prepared! I know it's the New England Patriots...but they have a home opener on primetime against a division opponent. Plus they have a QB coming off a season ending injury and high expectations. They have a lot to lose. The Bills are getting ripped all over the place and no one gives them any chance, even just to keep it close. They have nothing to lose! They also have a shiny new weapon out there in T.O. who loves primetime. YOu know what... i can't wait. The optimistic side of me is taking over and I BILLIEVE! Let's go BUFFALO!!! :dance:

:gobills:

Dujek
09-14-2009, 03:39 AM
My preparation will involve going to sleep for a few hours straight after work, then getting up at midnight and watching the first half. If it's any way close or, somehow, the Bills are crushing the Pats then I'll watch the whole thing, if we're getting smoked I'm going to sleep again.

I've a feeling I'll be back in bed for 2am...

Lexwhat
09-14-2009, 03:42 AM
Warren vs. Butler? Butler has a nasty streak and I have a feeling he gets pissed early and his nastiness comes out.

I always respect your posts EE, but come on. Butler does not have a nasty streak at all! If you disagree, do you have any evidence to support this? I have a bad feeling this is going to be the biggest mismatch of the night.

Actually, to be honest, I don't even know how the matchups will look. With the Patriots using the 4-3, I'm not sure who is playing where. Who's going to be the other DT (besdies Wilfork)? And where is Derrick Burgess going to play?

Anyways, I guess we'll see in about 15 hours.

Meathead
09-14-2009, 05:39 AM
beer - check
wings - check
foam finger - check
vicodin - check
vodka - check
vicodin vicodin vicodin - check check check
surrender flag - check
kleenex - check
violin - check
bag - check

shelby
09-14-2009, 05:39 AM
i am not confident in Trent Edwards. Take that for what it's worth.

i hope our O can get the job done. You can't beat the Patriots with field goals.

i'm looking for Freddy Jackson and Lee Evans to have a good game.

As for our defense....:pray:

:gobills:

Dujek
09-14-2009, 05:49 AM
I genuinely don't understand the lack of confidence in Edwards. Last year, when healthy, he was clutch. Simple as that. I don't have any confidence in him playing 16 games behind that O-Line, but that's completely different from not having the confidence in his ability to get the job done when given half a chance to succeed.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 05:52 AM
I genuinely don't understand the lack of confidence in Edwards. Last year, when healthy, he was clutch. Simple as that. I don't have any confidence in him playing 16 games behind that O-Line, but that's completely different from not having the confidence in his ability to get the job done when given half a chance to succeed.
For me it was the string of 4 losses.

If he had won one or two of those, I probably would have feel better.

But his play over that span was mediocre to bad.

Every QB will have a bad game. But when you have a string of questionable games, I think it will cause others to lose confidence.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 06:16 AM

I have always been on Trents side... but this preseason of dink dank dunk really pissed me off.

He can gain some confidence back for himself and me if he can show he can stretch the field and keep it stretched.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 06:19 AM
I have always been on Trents side... but this preseason of dink dank dunk really pissed me off.

He can gain some confidence back for himself and me if he can show he can stretch the field and keep it stretched.

Don't get me wrong, I want down the field throws.

Im just worried about how long Trent has to sit back there for the play to develop... will our ultra green OL hold up that long.

I think its 3 seconds. That's how long a QB has minimum. That's about a 3 step drop. When you go to 5 or 7, the line has to slow down the rush or Trent's toast.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 06:21 AM
I think the line will make youngster mistakes, but also show flashes of brilliance.

Even if we don't look seasoned on the OL, I would be happy with just seeing them play nasty, inspired, rip-your-head-off football.

BAM
09-14-2009, 06:21 AM
beer - check
wings - check
foam finger - check
vicodin - check
vodka - check
vicodin vicodin vicodin - check check check
surrender flag - check
kleenex - check
violin - check
bag - check

Please share

Dujek
09-14-2009, 06:52 AM
For me it was the string of 4 losses.

If he had won one or two of those, I probably would have feel better.

But his play over that span was mediocre to bad.

Every QB will have a bad game. But when you have a string of questionable games, I think it will cause others to lose confidence.

The thing is, it's fairly obvious that he was playing hurt in those games. The final two games of the season, Trent played assured football in terrible conditions. He outplayed Cutler in a hurricane in Denver, and then he was just about the only player on either side who looked like they were coping with the conditions in the season finale against the Patriots.

Pre-season is pre-season, and Edwards looked really sharp against the Bears, and until he threw the INT in the HoF game he was quite happily leading the team down the field. We'll see what happens tonight, but I reckon Edwards will be fine. Not great, but fine.

shelby
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
i want great. Perhaps that's the problem. ;)

BAM
09-14-2009, 07:04 AM
I slept for maybe 3 hours last night. I may or may not need anxiety pills.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 07:07 AM

Have you tried:

http://liquorama.biz/images/Absolut%201.75.jpg

Patti120
09-14-2009, 07:18 AM
In preparation for tonights game I've decided to forego coffee and will start my day with a beer instead.

BAM
09-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Have you tried:

http://liquorama.biz/images/Absolut%201.75.jpg

That makes it worse. :(

shelby
09-14-2009, 07:50 AM
In preparation for tonights game I've decided to forego coffee and will start my day with a beer instead.
:brilliant:

Dujek
09-14-2009, 07:57 AM

I got about the same amount of sleep, but I blame that on a small dude with a sore throat yelling every hour or so...

Dujek
09-14-2009, 07:58 AM
i want great. Perhaps that's the problem. ;)

Behind the Bills' o-line even Brady wouldn't be great. Sad but true.