• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Are you prepared for tommorow?

The Bills are going up against one of the best coached teams and one of the best DL's in the league with 5 new starters, none of which started at their current position at the start of last year. But, the have 6 new starters on defense as well.

I think that if they can just manage to hold up... if they can just give Trent some time... the Bills can move the ball and win this game.

But I reallyt think the whole game starts and ends with our O and D lines.

If we cant get to Brady, and if we cant give Trent time, this could be a long night.

I just still hold some hope that the youngsters across our OL will learn quickly, shake off the jitters, and even by the end of the game show us what they can be this year.

Jarvis Green against Bell? Ill take Bell, Green isnt too much more seasoned than Bell and I like Bells athleticism against a guy who is mostly a finesse style rusher.

Wilfork vs. Wood and Han? Hes going to get pressure but I have a gut feeling it wont be as much as you would think.

Warren vs. Butler? Butler has a nasty streak and I have a feeling he gets pissed early and his nastiness comes out.

How do we help the team succeed early? I think we need to run the ball. Not up the gut necessarily, off tackle, shuttles, traps. I also think we need to throw short until the guiys get a feel and then take shots... quick slants, curls, use the TE.

If we game plan this the right way, we can move the ball and give our line confidence and then start opening it up.

I like the hard nosed, nasty approach of our guys, I think we have a real shot to steal one.
    Last edited by X-Era; 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM.

• BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Are you prepared for tommorow?

The Bills will win. i have foreseen it... and all is right in the world when the BillsWin.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
      • Feb 2003

"Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      We are the Rockpile
      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

It wouldn't surprise me if Brady looks shaky in this game too. You know were bringing Maybin and the heat... he may take some hits.

But even if he doesn't, he still just hasnt played real ball in almost a full year.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Brady will be sharp early and take the Pats down the field on their first possession for a TD. It's just the way I see this thing starting.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Brady will be sharp early and take the Pats down the field on their first possession for a TD. It's just the way I see this thing starting.
            I definitely agree....they'll drive w/ a few nice passes to Welker and Faulk and then lob it up for Moss

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

It wouldn't shock me. But, I don't think its as sure of a thing as it would usually is.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

The Patriots will take an early 14-0 lead. The Bills will battle back to take a 17-14 lead in the third. Bills will score. 24-14. Pats will score, 24-21.

Bills will go three and out with 5:46 left.

Brady will throw an INT to Leodis McKelvin.

BillsWin 24-21.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I'm blowing off tennis practice to watch this game because it's at 7PM.

I'm going to be pissed if it's 38-10.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    I'm blowing off tennis practice to watch this game because it's at 7PM.

I'm going to be pissed if it's 38-10.
                    Hey, if it starts out like most Bills/Pats games, then you might be able to make it to tennis practice by 7:30pm!

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

Hey, if it starts out like most Bills/Pats games, then you might be able to make it to tennis practice by 7:30pm!
                      Boooo.. That's Dick.....
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Yes I am prepared! I may not sleep tonight but I am prepared!

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Not to make an empty post, but I'm done speculating. I'm only waiting to see what actually happens, and I can hardly wait. Like the original post said, a lot of what happens will depend on the offensive and defensive lines.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

At this point, I'd just like it to be a good, close game. I'm tired of being embarrassed in front of the entire nation. One of the good things is that Belicheck doesn't have much tape on us right now to go with. He doesn't know what AVP will do. There isn't much tape with TO working in our offense. We could come out and surprise - but that would mean we actually have good planning / coaching...I'm sure you can understand my skepticism.

That being said, Belicheck is going to likely plan to try and confuse our young Oline. I predict lots of stunts and blitzing...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

Working...
                              X