PDA

View Full Version : Im glad we didnt get Cutler!

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM
He made a nice long throw to Knox and I know its early. But he has thrown the ball directly at the defenders 4 times already. The last one for a INT.

Maybe hes just nervous.

Anwyays, add in his cocky attitude and Im glad hes not a Bill.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Why...because he's started badly? You'd rather have Edwards over him...really? His body of work is much better then Edwards has ever shown, but you are right, he comes with some warts.

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:33 PM
His wrs suck Did u see the te stop his route cost them a td and a few of the other passes wrs didn't finish routes ... I'll blame him for int on screen but other then that his team is sucking

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Rewatching that screen jolly made an awesome play

tampabay25690
He made a nice long throw to Knox and I know its early. But he has thrown the ball directly at the defenders 4 times already. The last one for a INT.

Maybe hes just nervous.

You ever watch football then???
One of the stupidest threads I have ever seen...
I would LUV to have CUTLER just like 95% of the smart Bills fans as well....
WOW the guy is having a bad nite tonite..........

MassEffect218435
Cutler > Edwards

Joe Fo Sho
09-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Cutler is about 4 leaps and 3 bounds better than Edwards, how someone doesn't see that is beyond me. Try taking a bigger sample for your observations.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Yep, he made a great play of catching the ball that was thrown right at him.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:38 PM
You ever watch football then???
One of the stupidest threads I have ever seen...
I would LUV to have CUTLER just like 95% of the smart Bills fans as well....
WOW the guy is having a bad nite tonite..........

This post is douche-y

Yet another pick.

Cutler blows tonight... sorry, your love fest will have to wait till next week.

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:38 PM
That was bad int

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Cutler > Edwards

Even if thats true, and it may be. I still don't want this tool.

Nighthawk
He definitely looks to be playing with some nerves...not a good night. However, I'd still love to have him in a Bills uniform.

Al the Bills Fan
Almost threw a TD...a Packers TD

X-Era
That was bad int

No, hes an all-pro.

tampabay25690
09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Well I will say this may be the worst start CUTLER has ever had as a NFL QB....
But I would LUV to have him anyday on the Bills.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Almost threw a TD...a Packers TD

Thats the 6th time in this game hes thrown directly at a defender. Thankfully, the Packers DB's have hands like feet... they stink... or hes up to like 4 INT's at this point at least.

Better than Edwards or not, your starting QB, the guy whos supposedly an all pro, the guy you traded for, should never be playing this poorly.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Well I will say this may be the worst start CUTLER has ever had as a NFL QB....
But I would LUV to have him anyday on the Bills.

You are entitled to you opinion. We certainly arent so good at QB that we shouldn't be considering an upgrade.

But upgrades could come in other versions and I cant stand his attitude and tonight, I cant stand the way hes playing either.

tampabay25690
09-13-2009, 08:44 PM
You are entitled to you opinion. We certainly arent so good at QB that we shouldn't be considering an upgrade.

But upgrades could come in other versions and I cant stand his attitude and tonight, I cant stand the way hes playing either.

You don't pass on a Pro Bowl QB ever..
Why do u think we have been out of the playoffs for 9 years?

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Yep, he made a great play of catching the ball that was thrown right at him.

Jolly leaped and made a one handed diving int ...don't try to bs that it was at his chest

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Your argument is valid. My point is that there are other versions that get you there that dont involve Cutler. I just dont like the guy and his play tonight stinks.

Yes, we have needed a franchise QB since Kelly left. But, this guy looks like a rookie tonight.

Nighthawk
Jolly leaped and made a one handed diving int ...don't try to bs that it was at his chest

EE is being a little ridiculous right now to make his point...just let it go, he's just trying to argue.

Philagape

A Pro Bowl QB, like, say, Elvis Grbac or Kordell Stewart? They've been there too. I don't give a crap about that joke of an "honor."

Cutler will always have games like this. He'll win you some games but lose some too. He's a more talented version of JPUFL.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:47 PM

What game are you watching? Watch the replay for yourself. He hit him right in the chest.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Your argument is valid. My point is that there are other versions that get you there that dont involve Cutler. I just dont like the guy and his play tonight stinks.

Yes, we have needed a franchise QB since Kelly left. But, this guy looks like a rookie tonight.

This is why your making a fool out of yourself right now with your arguement. Over the course of his career, he's been very good. Yes, he has some bad things that come with him, but most great/confident players do. He's having an awful night, but that doesn't erase all the good things he's done on the football field in his brief career.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:50 PM
EE is being a little ridiculous right now to make his point...just let it go, he's just trying to argue.

Look.

You guys are making the wrong argument. I'm not against an upgrade at QB. I want our franchise QB as much as any Bills fan.

To me its a matter of who not if.

I cant stand Cutler.

If your thought is that we should be falling all over any franchise QB (assuming Cutler is that) just because that player becomes available and we need one, I don't totally agree. I want a franchise QB, but one who isn't a head case as well.

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:50 PM
What game are you watching? Watch the replay for yourself. He hit him right in the chest.
Even colinsworth was ripping him apart and said can't do anything about the jolly int ... He made a great play ...one handed leaping int watch it from endzone camera can't Miss it

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:51 PM
This is why your making a fool out of yourself right now with your arguement. Over the course of his career, he's been very good. Yes, he has some bad things that come with him, but most great/confident players do. He's having an awful night, but that doesn't erase all the good things he's done on the football field in his brief career.

Whos erasing anything?

Where did I say he hasn't been successful?

I simply said I'm glad we didn't get him, I don't like him, and I'm not convinced hes the stud that many make him out to be.

The post is all opinion.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Look.

You guys are making the wrong argument. I'm not against an upgrade at QB. I want our franchise QB as much as any Bills fan.

To me its a matter of who not if.

I cant stand Cutler.

If your thought is that we should be falling all over any franchise QB (assuming Cutler is that) just because that player becomes available and we need one, I don't totally agree. I want a franchise QB, but one who isn't a head case as well.

No, you're basing him not being the right QB on one night...tonight. That's what I don't agree with you about. I'm not a Cutler lover, but to say..."man, I'm glad we didn't get him because he looks like crap tonight," is just plain stupid. You not liking him because of his attitude is a different story, that's understandable, but you're initial arguement is weak.

hydro
09-13-2009, 08:53 PM

Mike is right. Just watched it again myself...

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Even colinsworth was ripping him apart and said can't do anything about the jolly int ... He made a great play ...one handed leaping int watch it from endzone camera can't Miss it

Watch it again on replay.

Even if it wasn't on Cutler, he has thrown at least 5 times right at the defenders besides that play.

Its a bad night for sure, he will play better.

It doesn't matter anyways, hes not our QB and he likely wont be available anytime soon.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Whos erasing anything?

Where did I say he hasn't been successful?

I simply said I'm glad we didn't get him, I don't like him, and I'm not convinced hes the stud that many make him out to be.

The post is all opinion.

Maybe hes just nervous.

This is what you posted, this is what I'm talking about. Your arguement is based off of tonight. Like I've said, I'm neither a Cutler lover or a Cutler hater, but your original post is off base.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM
No, you're basing him not being the right QB on one night...tonight. That's what I don't agree with you about. I'm not a Cutler lover, but to say..."man, I'm glad we didn't get him because he looks like crap tonight," is just plain stupid. You not liking him because of his attitude is a different story, that's understandable, but you're initial arguement is weak.

NH, you are putting words in my mouth. I don't want him because of his attitude mainly. I also don't think hes as studly as many think he is. I think his ego may limit him... that he wont accept enough feedback to get better.

Its not about just tonight. That's just not what I'm saying.

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Watch it again on replay.

Even if it wasn't on Cutler, he has thrown at least 5 times right at the defenders besides that play.

Its a bad night for sure, he will play better.

It doesn't matter anyways, hes not our QB and he likely wont be available anytime soon.

I was talking about the jolly int not any other passes and you were bashing him for that and yes I watched it and the replay from first angle it looked like his fault replay showed a great play on jolly

Now your trying to flip flop on what you said ...idc if he's our qb your crazy to think jolly didn't make a great play on that...it was a screen cutlers read and dude made a great d play

X-Era
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
This is what you posted, this is what I'm talking about. Your arguement is based off of tonight. Like I've said, I'm neither a Cutler lover or a Cutler hater, but your original post is off base.

If anything, I might not have spelled it out clear enough.

I did comment mostly about tonight's performance in the original post, that's true. But I didn't say that why I don't want. I should have used the term "add in". I don't want him for all the reasons I stated.

X-Era
09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I was talking about the jolly int not any other passes and you were bashing him for that and yes I watched it and the replay from first angle it looked like his fault replay showed a great play on jolly

Now your trying to flip flop on what you said ...idc if he's our qb your crazy to think jolly didn't make a great play on that...it was a screen cutlers read and dude made a great d play

Who exactly was the player that Cutler was throwing to? There was no Bear between him and Jolly. Look I dont give a **** about that play, Cutler sucks tonight plain and simple.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
NH, you are putting words in my mouth. I don't want him because of his attitude mainly. I also don't think hes as studly as many think he is. I think his ego may limit him... that he wont accept enough feedback to get better.

Its not about just tonight. That's just not what I'm saying.

Then you might want to think about your post before you post it then because that's exactly what how you wrote it when you started this thread.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 09:01 PM
If anything, I might not have spelled it out clear enough.

I did comment mostly about tonight's performance in the original post, that's true. But I didn't say that why I don't want. I should have used the term "add in". I don't want him for all the reasons I stated.

Exactly...your original post is what I had a problem with, not the fact that you don't like him. Gotta post what you mean, man! :beers:

X-Era
09-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Then you might want to think about your post before you post it then because that's exactly what how you wrote it when you started this thread.

No, that's how you read it.

I'm not too worried about how this post was perceived.

1) Im a Bills fan, were talking about the Bears QB
2) Cutler isnt our QB and probably never will be
3) Its one game out of a zillion that I actually care more about
4) Theres way better hings to discuss than some other teams QB
5) I see little reason to go round and round about another team

mikemac2001
Who exactly was the player that Cutler was throwing to? There was no Bear between him and Jolly. Look I dont give a **** about that play, Cutler sucks tonight plain and simple.

If the play doesn't matter and you don't give a **** don't use it in your agrument

and it was a screen he was throwing to the rb that was right past jolly I don't even think you r watching

X-Era
Exactly...your original post is what I had a problem with, not the fact that you don't like him. Gotta post what you mean, man! :beers:

Moving on...

:beers:

X-Era
09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
If the play doesn't matter and you don't give a **** don't use it in your agrument

and it was a screen he was throwing to the rb that was right past jolly I don't even think you r watching
Ill argue anything I want, and any way I want thanks.

Not sure why you are so responsive to a post about the Bears QB when your on a Bills board.

Billz_fan
09-13-2009, 09:08 PM
My opinion, cus I know you all can't wait :D Is that Jay Cutler is the second coming of Jeff George.

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Ill argue anything I want, and any way I want thanks.

Not sure why you are so responsive to a post about the Bears QB when your on a Bills board.

I'm responsive because your agrument is nutz you say something and have no backing to it ... Has nothing to do with the bills it's the point

Your wrong and just sitting here trying to agrue for no reasons and yes do you remember edwards vs the browns i was there live and it was just as bad

X-Era
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm responsive because your agrument is nutz you say something and have no backing to it ... Has nothing to do with the bills it's the point

Your wrong and just sitting here trying to agrue for no reasons and yes do you remember edwards vs the browns i was there live and it was just as bad
Your "strong backing" for your argument is a game with Edwards vs. the Browns?

Can we just move on?

:yawn:

tampabay25690
09-13-2009, 09:12 PM
This is funny

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
This is funny

No, this is getting stupid...hey, how about the weather we are having?

mikemac2001
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Your "strong backing" for your argument is a game with Edwards vs. the Browns?

Can we just move on?

:yawn:

No my arguement is watch the replay it was a screen pass and jolly made a 1 handed diving catch then also backing it with qbs have bad days ...you said it was thrown right at jolly which obviously it wasn't and now trying to end it because you know your wrong

everything you have said has no backing and

**** cutler I only care about my bills but I hate people who post bs for no reason

DraftBoy
09-13-2009, 09:16 PM
You guys all suck at bickering...

EE I expect more out of you.

NH I know you can do better

You both greatly disappoint me...

tampabay25690
09-13-2009, 09:17 PM
No, this is getting stupid...hey, how about the weather we are having?

Humid as hell here....Leaving fro Buffalo THURS nite for the opener....
Cutler is starting for the Bills right??

Hemlepp53
09-13-2009, 09:20 PM
I would take Cuttler over Edwards right now. He is throwing under pressure and the Green Bay D is playing a serious game. They are winning nearly every one on one battle... I expected a lot more from Rodgers this game as well. So the same could be said with his performance compared to what pre game talk was hyping.... Cuttler thinks he is still throwing to # 15. No recevier on the Bears has the talent like Bradon. Bennet has been his boy so far this game and he is a far cry from # 18. IMO

Mr. Pink
09-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh look at that pretty throw to Hester.

Yep, glad we don't have this guy.

LtFinFan66
09-13-2009, 09:28 PM
:rofl:

Joe Fo Sho
09-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Oh look at that pretty throw to Hester.

Yep, glad we don't have this guy.

Yeah, why would we want a QB that can throw the ball down field. I shouldn't say can't, but won't. Hopefully our next QB will be able to take some chances.

Philagape
09-13-2009, 10:45 PM
See, he blew it in the end.

I don't care if you're the most talented QB ever ... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU KEEP TURNING IT OVER.

Turnovers are everything, as any coach will tell you.

Four picks. Ballgame.

And it's not the first time he's blown it.

Nighthawk
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
See, he blew it in the end.

I don't care if you're the most talented QB ever ... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU KEEP TURNING IT OVER.

Turnovers are everything, as any coach will tell you.

Four picks. Ballgame.

There's more to it then just the QB throwing the ball. His WRs didn't help him tonight, but there is no doubt he blew ass this game!

billsTOfan
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Edwards outplayed Cutler last year in that Bills-Bronco game also.

But on the body of work of course Cutler is better. But Cutler hasn't proved to be better than a middle tier QB so far in hi career.

Ingtar33
09-14-2009, 04:51 AM
Cutler is a reincarnation of Jeff George. all world arm and talent... and a personality that makes his teammates and coaches hate his guts.

there is a reason Denver was looking elsewhere. there is a reason no one on the broncos cried when he left. there is also a reason why brian urlacher hates his guts.

It's not a coincidence. This guy is a walking locker-room cancer. a me first selfish brat, with a golden arm.

He's the type of guy who will throw for 4000 yards, 30 tds and 15 ints... yet never take a team to the playoffs.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
OK, heres the replay:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81297f20/Jolly-interception

I was wrong from the standpoint that he didnt hit him in the chest. Jolly made a one handed grab to his left to get the ball.

However, Cutler tried to drill it in there with Jolly between him and the receiver. Plus, he under threw his receiver which put it right around Jolly.

He never should have made that throw.

One possible issue with guys that are over confident is that they will try to force things at times.

I think his ego will cause him more harm than good.

X-Era
09-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Edwards outplayed Cutler last year in that Bills-Bronco game also.

But on the body of work of course Cutler is better. But Cutler hasn't proved to be better than a middle tier QB so far in hi career.

Trent has never thrown 4 INT's in a game. Just sayin.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Karma is a ***** Cutler.....

that start is what a whiny demanding little ***** deserves.

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 08:47 AM
cutler seems to be the new guy in chicago during that game. He seemed like he was sulking more on the sidelines than getting the guys together and saying, "let's go and win this." I think you need a little bit of that in your QB. Especially when your WR's are as young and as bad as the bears receivers are.

despite how poorly he played in the first half, he seemed to come back in the second half. a couple of his INT's were miscommunications with the receivers running a different direction. The jolly interception was an awesome play by jolly as he recognized the play and stopped and dove for the ball. The last pick was awful.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 08:56 AM
He looked like he was trying too hard to make the Broncos think that they screwed up bigtime. He fell flat on his face.