Former Bills Players look good, so what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Former Bills Players look good, so what?

Be happy for them (except Peters, who looked like crap anyways).

What's the point of bringing it up, though? Fletcher has looked real good in Washington. Winfield is a stud in Minny. Nate Clements looks pretty good in San Fran. The list goes on and on. It happens. Get over it.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Former Bills Players look good, so what?

Some people just aren't familiar with the free agency era, which began a long time ago. They'll catch up.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i see Williams and Winfield up in Minnesota and just frown about how inept the upper echelon in this organization is. Fletcher is still playing great football in Washington and i feel like throwing up when i think about how they let him go. i enjoyed watching these players when they played in Buffalo. i don't wish for them not to succeed. watching them kick ass only cements my idea of how cheap the Old Fart is and the people he has in charge know nothing more about football than i do.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

AT the time, almost everyone, myself included, agreed with letting these players go.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
          Some people just aren't familiar with the free agency era, which began a long time ago. They'll catch up.

it just makes me sick how they shell out the big contracts to the duds like Fina, Schobel, and Denney and not give it to the studs like Williams, Winfield, and Fletcher.
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

I'm more upset with the fact that we did let Winfield, and Pat Williams go

Clements was overpaid, but the BIlls could of locked him down in advance for less.

Peters heldo out and pissed on the fans and th eorganization IMO... So he is the only one out of our recent group of last players that I have a distate for

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

In fairness, if they kept Winfield, they probably wouldn't have Mcgee right now. If they kept Fletcher, they likely wouldn't have Poz, and if they kept Williams, they probably wouldn't have Stroud.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

OK, maybe the Stroud thing is reaching a bit, but the other 2 I'm fairly certain are true.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  AT the time, almost everyone, myself included, agreed with letting these players go.

it's not even about what people think on this board. it's the continued duds that they sign to the big contracts and they never fulfill what is expected of them. that's one of the most frustrating part about being a fan.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    it's not even about what people think on this board. it's the continued duds that they sign to the big contracts and they never fulfill what is expected of them. that's one of the most frustrating part about being a fan.
                    I agree 100% with you. I'm just saying, I'm tired of people living in the past.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

In fairness, if they kept Winfield, they probably wouldn't have Mcgee right now. If they kept Fletcher, they likely wouldn't have Poz, and if they kept Williams, they probably wouldn't have Stroud.

maybe the FO would have had their head out of their asses too and address areas that needed to be addressed. like i said.... MAYBE!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

I agree 100% with you. I'm just saying, I'm tired of people living in the past.

i understand where you were going with this thread but i was just expressing my frustrations out loud.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Aug 2004

Fletcher looked great in Washington?

Are you saying that because of his stats or did you watch him play on Sunday?

I watched him play and saw a lot of the same things that a lot of folks criticized him for when he was with the Bills: making tackles 4-5 yards downfield and not being able to cover his man in pass coverage.

He was the guy that was beaten on both of Kevin Boss' big receptions that I saw and at least a couple of Steve Smith's catches came in the middle of the zone between the safety and MLB.

Don't get me wrong. Fletcher is still a decent player. He puts up great numbers. But, he is better in fantasy football than he is on the field. With Albert Haynesworth and Phillip Daniels (they both played well, although Haynesworth screwed up on a couple of plays, including getting a big offsides call against him) in front of him, a true stud MLB should be making tackles in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage all of the time, but the Giants were able to run the ball effectively.

Pat Williams and Winfield, different story. The Bills never should have let Pat Williams go and they know it. But, that was Donahoe's call all the way.
                          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

I didn't watch the entire Giants Washington game, but when I did, London looked pretty good.

I'll admit, between falling asleep during the late games, and watching the Cards vs Niners, I didn't see much of the other 2 games.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

It's actually a pretty short list, and I'm just as happy with our current starting CBs and Poz at MLB. Williams was a mistake, but every team let's a few guys go who they shouldn't.

I'm more disappointed in some of our draft picks, e.g., Whitner over Ngata, than in our FA losses.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X