PDA

View Full Version : I'm REALLY glad we didn't sign Coles

The Juice Is Loose
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
He had 3 drops yesterday, easy catches, but drops, 2 for first down's on 3rd down.

Those of you bad talking Cutler's game last night, at least 2 of those picks were directly his receivers fault. The play before the Jolly DT pick, he through an easy TD to his TE but he dropped it in the end zone.

When people said Cutler wouldn't do as well cuz he didn't have receivers, I thought he'd get them to play better. And they have. But man, one receiver lined up off sides and had a 3rd down conversion called back. Unbelievable!

Coles looked horrendous though. Real bad. So glad we didn't sign him to 6+ mil a year.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2009, 09:46 AM
The problem is that many of you don't watch multiple games on Sunday. Cutler looked exactly like he did last year.

Losman looked good in highlights in 2006 but if you watched him play you knew better.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
He had 3 drops yesterday, easy catches, but drops, 2 for first down's on 3rd down.

Those of you bad talking Cutler's game last night, at least 2 of those picks were directly his receivers fault. The play before the Jolly DT pick, he through an easy TD to his TE but he dropped it in the end zone.

When people said Cutler wouldn't do as well cuz he didn't have receivers, I thought he'd get them to play better. And they have. But man, one receiver lined up off sides and had a 3rd down conversion called back. Unbelievable!

Coles looked horrendous though. Real bad. So glad we didn't sign him to 6+ mil a year.
BS Collinsworth was talking out of his ass with that Receiver ran the wrong route nonsense. They were horrible throws regardless.

The Juice Is Loose
09-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I watch every game every week. Not only were Coles' drops easy catches but they were on crucial downs.

Cutler, like I said hit a TE for a TD before the one DT int.

Another one you clearly see the TE stop running his route.

Another long 3rd down conv was called back because the receiver lined up in the neutral zone!

Add to that, he had no protection for the first half and it was also his first game with the team, on the road, in Lambough, at night.

Cutler will have a solid season I guarantee you that.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
BS Collinsworth was talking out of his ass with that Receiver ran the wrong route nonsense. They were horrible throws regardless.

Totally agree.

The Juice Is Loose
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Totally agree.

its going to take a few weeks for those receivers to get used to Cutler's style. I'm a huge Cutler fan and I watch every game he plays since he's been in the NFL. If he has time, it's easy for a receiver. Run your route, get drilled with the ball.

But when Cutler is under pressure, the reason he had so few sacks last season and generally through his career is he's willing to either A) throw it away or B) give a WR a chance to make a play. Meaning, throw it before he expects it, or kind of alter the route on the fly by throwing to an open zone.

These WRs are inexperienced and I also felt like the Bears had NY Jets syndrome. Get a QB, forget about your running game and pass every f'n play!

Forte accounted for like 80% of their offense last season, and he was barely part of the game plan last night. I felt the play calling was pretty 1 dimensional as well. Which, same was last year in Denver, but he had better WR's to handle the respsonsibility.

Beastie Bills
09-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Coles sucks. I can't believe we got T.O. for LESS MONEY than what Coles is getting paid.

HHURRICANE
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
its going to take a few weeks for those receivers to get used to Cutler's style. I'm a huge Cutler fan and I watch every game he plays since he's been in the NFL. If he has time, it's easy for a receiver. Run your route, get drilled with the ball.

But when Cutler is under pressure, the reason he had so few sacks last season and generally through his career is he's willing to either A) throw it away or B) give a WR a chance to make a play. Meaning, throw it before he expects it, or kind of alter the route on the fly by throwing to an open zone.

These WRs are inexperienced and I also felt like the Bears had NY Jets syndrome. Get a QB, forget about your running game and pass every f'n play!

Forte accounted for like 80% of their offense last season, and he was barely part of the game plan last night. I felt the play calling was pretty 1 dimensional as well. Which, same was last year in Denver, but he had better WR's to handle the respsonsibility.

There was a reason that Denver was trying to trade him. As I stated in April Denver would have been very happy taking Edwards off of our hands.

He's erratic and he showed it last night.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I never wanted Cutler. better off seeing what Trent has this year and drafting a QB in 2010 if necessary... 2010 is the year of the QB. Lots of QB talent to be had in that draft.

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
the TE did stop running his route when the bears settled for three, and one of his interceptions, he tossed it long and the receiver ran right and the throw was for him to break left. So that was on the receiver/QB miscommunication.

PECKERWOOD
09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Cutler is going to be fine. You win some, you lose some.