PDA

View Full Version : Spent an offseason booing this team, now i'm ready to spend a season cheering

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't know what it is. I have logically made all the connections as to why this team can't be successful, but in the 8+ hours leading up to kickoff, i'm feeling very optimistic. I feel like they can win.

Now granted i have been one of the most vocal guys screaming, "jauron's an idiot, this OL reshuffling was too much too fast, the D sucks, etc" But that ball is going to get kicked off the tee at 7pm and i am just fired up to see it.

I want the Bills to shut up all those boston fans and send them to their CAHHHR all pissed off. "How do you like them apples, Patriots wagoners...or fans??"

Please let there be a well thought out offensive plan that for once doesn't have belichick look calm and uninterested in beating our team...please....these patriots beatings is like weekly water torture. Make it end. Let us cheer on a good team once in this decade.

Ebenezer
09-14-2009, 10:44 AM
well, that feeling will last about five minutes.

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
i'm sure it'll get snuffed out quickly, but the point is i'm ready to cheer. I want a win so badly. I just hope our team feels the same way.

A good solid shot on brady will make it worth while.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 10:50 AM
yeah. I too spent a lot of time booing the coaching staff but in the end, I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen. Here's hoping that AVP the biggest diamond in the rough under Dick.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll drink to that, and I am in the exact same boat.

However a turd tonight and we'll all be right back to rippin this team to shreds

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
it is interesting that the NFL has put two dud teams (bills and raiders) vs two teams that historically make a good run in the playoffs (patriots and chargers). It's almost like they want those teams to get off to a great start so that the story lines are clear from the get go.

how do you like that for conspiracy theory-ness?

Ebenezer
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
A sports miracle this large might just bring about the end of the world - somebody notify discopatti stat!

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
well, that feeling will last about five minutes.

Hopefully not, Hopefully we get a full 60 minutes of quality product

Ebenezer
09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
i dont disagree.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
it is interesting that the NFL has put two dud teams (bills and raiders) vs two teams that historically make a good run in the playoffs (patriots and chargers). It's almost like they want those teams to get off to a great start so that the story lines are clear from the get go.

I actually like it. This way we won't get a repeat of last year where we went undefeated only to find out we were pretenders. I'd like to know where we're at right after the first game. There's no better team than the pats to gauge where we are compared to the elites of the league. If we get embarrassed on national tv, then so be it.

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
fair enough. That's a good point. we'll know within a quarter if this team is really up to the challenge of playing 16 games well or if this is the same team that sputter out of control last year.

psubills62
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Or you could say they're giving those teams a chance to break the futility against their rivals on national TV. Although Oakland gets a better chance, being at home.

Here's hoping.

There's so many reasons to believe this team will be bad. So many reasons to believe they'll flop tonight.

But the problem is the unknown...all those little reasons that make you believe they might win. Bell is a talented LT and may show it tonight. Wood could be a devastating run blocker that opens holes. Maybe Edwards will make use of the quick passing game in a good way, allowing T.O. to get YAC and utilizing Fred Jackson's playmaking abilities at receiver as well. Maybe Edwards will tear the Patriots apart little by little like Brady ALWAYS does to us until he bombs it down to Owens or Evans for 6.

Or maybe the Bills will come out against a formerly injured QB and beat him, like the Bears did to Peyton Manning last year. Maybe we'll finally see a playmaking defense and we'll have a slot corner in Reggie Corner who is finally able to stop the constant underneath passes to Welker.

No reason not to hope for the best. It's still football, and it's still the Bills.

Michael82
09-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I was starting to get depressed and feel realistic over the last few weeks. But I don't know what it is...something about today makes me pumped up. I think we are going to pull it off or at least keep it close.

The Patriots defense is mediocre. They lost a few guys over the offseason and traded their best pass rusher. Tom Brady is still hurting and isn't 100% yet. I know how he looked in pre-season, but that was when no one was game planning him and when blitzing didn't occur. I feel that we are going to harass him and slam him to the turf all throughout the game with Aaron Maybin and Aaron Schobel and I can't wait to see it. I want to see him eat dirt and like it! :snicker:

Oh and one more factor....Terrell Owens! I don't think it's a coincidence that the Patriots signed Shawn Springs after we signed T.O. They know he's good, we know he's good and now that AVP is OC, he will make sure that we spread the ball between Evans and Owens and hopefully open up the passing game. Actually to help Trent's confidence, I could see us going long right at the start of the game. 75 yard TD pass to Terrell Owens!

Either way...today is the start of the Buffalo Bills 2009 season and I am ready! I can't WAIT! :drool:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!! :jam:

:gobills: