PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneers C Jeff Faine out 4-6 weeks

psubills62
09-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Faine is a good center and according to rotoworld.com, they don't have a true backup at C. This will definitely help us avoid a loss in Week 2.

Bucs C Jeff Faine (triceps) will miss 4-6 weeks.

Faine was injured late in Sunday's loss to the Cowboys and has a possible tear in his left triceps. This is a big blow to the Bucs' offense because Faine is one of the better centers around. The Bucs will probably have to sign someone like Sean Mahan because there's no true backup on the roster.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

MassEffect218435
09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't sleep on the Buccaneers, they are still a very talented team and gave the Cowboys some problems in the first half.

psubills62
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Don't sleep on the Buccaneers, they are still a very talented team and gave the Cowboys some problems in the first half.

It looks like their run game is pretty good, but their defense is bad. I don't think the Dallas offense is as good as they looked against TB. Having Faine out won't help them at all.

I believe TB is better than people think, but they're still not that good.

MassEffect218435
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
It looks like their run game is pretty good, but their defense is bad. I don't think the Dallas offense is as good as they looked against TB. Having Faine out won't help them at all.

I believe TB is better than people think, but they're still not that good.And the Bills are even worse.

psubills62
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
And the Bills are even worse.

Really? I'd say taking position against position, the Bills come out pretty darn well.

MassEffect218435
09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Really? I'd say taking position against position, the Bills come out pretty darn well.
QB - Bucs
RB's - Bucs
TE's - Bucs
WR's - Bills
OL - Bucs

DL - Bucs
LB's - Bucs
DB's - Bucs

ST's - Even

Coach - Bucs
Owner - Bucs

DraftBoy
09-14-2009, 11:26 AM
I dont know that Id say Leftwich is beeter than Edwards, Id at least the least give that one a push. And we win ST pretty easily, imo.

Everything else looks right though.

MassEffect218435
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I dont know that Id say Leftwich is beeter than Edwards, Id at least the least give that one a push. And we win ST pretty easily, imo.

Everything else looks right though.Clifton Smith is a pretty amazing return man, a Pro Bowler at that.

psubills62
09-14-2009, 11:33 AM
QB - Bucs
RB's - Bucs
TE's - Bucs
WR's - Bills
OL - Bucs

DL - Bucs
LB's - Bucs
DB's - Bucs

ST's - Even

Coach - Bucs
Owner - Bucs

Bucs get DB's? Haha that's laughable. Their safeties were horrid. Talib is decent and Barber used to be good. Come on...Patrick Crayton torches them for 135 yards and you give the edge in DB's to them? Sure, whatever you say.

I'd personally say LB's are a push. And out of curiosity, what great things did you see out of their DL? Barber averaged 5.64 yards per carry. Romo was sacked once, but by Barber. Nice call, there.

Winslow is a better TE than anything we have, easily, but I'd say we have better depth. And if Lynch was playing, the RB's would at least be a push. Williams looked good, but how long has it been since he played a whole season? His rookie year?

So no, I would not say that the Bills look worse.

psubills62
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Clifton Smith is a pretty amazing return man, a Pro Bowler at that.

Ever heard of Parrish and McKelvin?

DraftBoy
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Clifton Smith is a pretty amazing return man, a Pro Bowler at that.

So is Roscoe...there punter though doesnt compare to Moorman.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
It's Cadillac I'm worried about.

mikemac2001
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
It's Cadillac I'm worried about.

he looks like his young form

but i think stroud will blow up middle with faine out

which helps our odd's againist da caddy

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
he looks like his young form

but i think stroud will blow up middle with faine out

which helps our odd's againist da caddy
I'm not so sure about that. Dick might make Stroud drop back to cover a wr. :idunno:

DraftBoy
09-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Caddy has power and most (if not all) of his speed back. Which means he can run up the middle or bounce it outside. Which will really kill us if our D overpursues like normal.