PDA

View Full Version : The Pats Perspective

patmoran2006
09-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I've always thought our "NE39" is a very unbiased, and knowledgable Patriots and football fan. I recently had an opportunity to interview him about tonight's matchup and the Patriots.

When you lose 16 times in 17 tries against one team, as the Buffalo Bills have done with the New England Patriots this decade, things don’t look particularly good. From what I’ve seen and heard, not since 2001 has there been lower expectations in Buffalo, when the team delivered with a 3-13 record.

Tom Brady is back, and the Patriots are once against the fashionable pick to win the AFC East and return to the Super Bowl.

Still, the Patriots are beatable. Perhaps playing them in week one, albeit on the road, could actual be beneficial. Maybe the Patriots aren’t quite firing on all cylinders just yet. Maybe Brady is rusty. Maybe the defense is still adjusting to all its new starters. A great deal about the Patriots is a great unknown.

To find out more, I had a chance to interview Alan Poirier, a long-time New England fan and one of the more unbiased and knowledgeable football guys I’ve encountered in a long time.

I went digging more information about the Patriots, their strengths and weaknesses and how to beat them, and this is what Alan had to say. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/09/the-pats-perspective/)

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I concur that NE39 is a class act, and one of themost knowlegeable football people on this forum.

Your interview with him revealed just that. Unbiased down to earth analysis, something you just don't see on those TV shows anymore

Your hititng some homeruns Pat with your articles. Straight shooting and balanced

shelby
09-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Another great article! Thanks Pat and NE39!

SABURZFAN
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
New England has owned Buffalo in recent years. If your Dick Jauron, what are you going to do differently to give Buffalo a legitimate chance to win tonight?

you're

spellcheck is your friend, pat. :snicker:

nice interview with NE39 though. :up:

patmoran2006
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Apparently its not yet!

But thanks brother.

Al the Bills Fan
09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Great piece!!! enjoyed reading it.

SABURZFAN
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Apparently its not yet!

But thanks brother.

just breaking your balls, bro. :up:

patmoran2006
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
lol, I know.

I'm a little overwhelmed and understaffed for the moment. I accept I"m bound to have a few typos here and there.

Long as it doesnt take away from the interview that's fine. I thought he gave excellent, unbiased perspective from the Patriots side.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I like the "Get ahead and don't look back" quote from NE39. The Bills need to not be satisfied if they get ahead. Put the pedal to the floor, and keep going, no matter what.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I like the "Get ahead and don't look back" quote from NE39. The Bills need to not be satisfied if they get ahead. Put the pedal to the floor, and keep going, no matter what.

and that is one of my fears... A chance for Dick Jauwrong to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

madness
09-14-2009, 01:26 PM
What are the strengths, and perhaps weaknesses, on the Patriots offensive line?

As for weaknesses, they can get beat outside on occasion by speed rushers, but they do a pretty good job game-planning for that to limit damage. Their TE’s and RB’s do a good job helping with protection.
IRON MAYBIN! :rockout:

yordad
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I have no idea why NE39 doesn't get more consideration for the zone award for best Non Bills fan poster. (No offense LT finfan). Dude is money.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
NE39 is a hell of a lot better than these stupid Fin fans we have infecting this board.

jamze132
09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
nice interview Pat / NE39...

:bf1: