PDA

View Full Version : AND THERE IT IS!!!!

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Only took 18 minutes of game time to waste our first time out!

2009 Jauron wasted timeout tracker: 1

Typ0
09-14-2009, 07:06 PM
That is not a wasted timeout. You are far too hypercritical. It's the first half of the first game. Taking a timeout is not something that is bad there. It's not taking the timeout and getting screwed that would be the problem. In the second half different story.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:09 PM
That is not a wasted timeout. You are far too hypercritical. It's the first half of the first game. Taking a timeout is not something that is bad there. It's not taking the timeout and getting screwed that would be the problem. In the second half different story.

how about this: having the D READY instead of WASTING a timeout with 12 min left in the half?

How many TO's has Bellicheck used? right, ZERO, because his team is well coached and organized.

BILLSROCK1212
09-14-2009, 07:12 PM
chill out Op....even if our coaching staff isn't the best things like that happen

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
chill out Op....even if our coaching staff isn't the best things like that happen

things like that happen ALL THE TIME since this staff took over. They shouldn't happen 18 minutes into the season. This has been a constant problem for this team and they still haven't fixed it.

Typ0
09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
things like that happen ALL THE TIME since this staff took over. They shouldn't happen 18 minutes into the season. This has been a constant problem for this team and they still haven't fixed it.

Shut up the team has been playing decent don't kill it with micromanaged bs.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Shut up the team has been playing decent don't kill it with micromanaged bs.

if you call penalties, blown kickoff coverages, dropped passes and wasted timeouts "micromanaging." The Bills could have added even more points if it wasn't for their own dumb mistakes.

And you can call it micromanaging all you want, but this team has had a problem with timeouts for 3 complete seasons and, so far, the first game of this season. I expect more from my team than 3+ seasons with the exact same problem. When people defend crap like this from the coaching staff, it's the embodiment of what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

BILLSROCK1212
09-14-2009, 07:27 PM
still chill out...would you have rather we committed a turnover??

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:29 PM
still chill out...would you have rather we committed a turnover??

no- I'd rather we had the D ready so we didn't have to waste the timeout. There's a 3rd option between "turnover" and "timeout" (btw we were on D so I don't know how we would have committed a turnover)

Typ0
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
if you call penalties, blown kickoff coverages, dropped passes and wasted timeouts "micromanaging." The Bills could have added even more points if it wasn't for their own dumb mistakes.

And you can call it micromanaging all you want, but this team has had a problem with timeouts for 3 complete seasons and, so far, the first game of this season. I expect more from my team than 3+ seasons with the exact same problem. When people defend crap like this from the coaching staff, it's the embodiment of what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

Everything is never going to be perfect for any team. Relax and give them a break for a change.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Everything is never going to be perfect for any team. Relax and give them a break for a change.

they pull off a win tonight, I'll give them a break. Unless that happens, they haven't earned it and they deserve every ounce of criticism heaped on them.

Coach Sal
09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Criticizing a team for using it's first timeout when it wants to be sure of its personnel on a big 3rd down play in a tight game is pretty much right up there with the most ridiculous criticisms I've ever heard.

BILLSROCK1212
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
no- I'd rather we had the D ready so we didn't have to waste the timeout. There's a 3rd option between "turnover" and "timeout" (btw we were on D so I don't know how we would have committed a turnover)
no team plays a flawless game, be happy w/ our success so far while it lasts

Coach Sal
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Perfect scenario of each half:

1st timeout: When needed due to personnel, situation, etc.. (by offense or defense)
2nd timeout: By offense inside 2 minutes while driving to score.
3rd timeout: Before last play to set up field goal or TD play.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
OP there is a time to ***** this was not one of them

I think you've convinced everyone here that you prefer misery

Al the Bills Fan
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Are you serious? they didn't have good matchups...what do you want them to do

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Criticizing a team for using it's first timeout when it wants to be sure of its personnel on a big 3rd down play in a tight game is pretty much right up there with the most ridiculous criticisms I've ever heard.

maybe, if this hadn't been a CHRONIC problem for Jauron's ENTIRE tenure as head coach.

Why can't we have the right personnel on 3rd down without using a timeout? other teams seem to do it to us all the friggin time.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Are you serious? they didn't have good matchups...what do you want them to do

GET THE RIGHT PERSONNEL ON THE FIELD THE FIRST ****ING TIME LIKE THE PATRIOTS ARE DOING TO US. I don't see why getting the right matchups is such a challenge for this staff. It's really not that hard to understand.

Coach Sal
09-14-2009, 08:15 PM
maybe, if this hadn't been a CHRONIC problem for Jauron's ENTIRE tenure as head coach.

Why can't we have the right personnel on 3rd down without using a timeout? other teams seem to do it to us all the friggin time.

I would prefer that, too.

And no doubt DJ has been awful in his tenure using TOs.

But there's nothing wrong with using that TO in that situation.

That's why they give you three per half.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I would prefer that, too.

And no doubt DJ has been awful in his tenure using TOs.

But there's nothing wrong with using that TO in that situation.

That's why they give you three per half.

we got lucky that time and it didn't matter at the end of the half. But there are plenty of times during Jauron's tenure where burning a timeout in that manner came back to bite us later on.

northernbillfan
09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Wasted Time Out number 2

OpIv37
And there's #2!!!!

4th quarter of a 1 score game- think we may need that one later on?

Typ0
it doesn't matter in the first half you are just blowing smoke...now the second half is a different story...

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
it doesn't matter in the first half you are just blowing smoke...now the second half is a different story...

it didn't matter this time because the Pats finished the half with the ball. But you don't know that at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Lexwhat
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Yet another 3rd down conversion...

Wasted Timeout.

Typ0
09-14-2009, 08:30 PM
it didn't matter this time because the Pats finished the half with the ball. But you don't know that at the start of the 2nd quarter.

It doesn't matter in any game during the first half IMO. You are looking for rhythm and consistency. The timeouts are there to help with your readiness in the first half. Second half is where the game will play out.

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
anyone want that timeout back yet?

Lexwhat
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM

:sigh:

Typ0
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM

The first half one? It didn't matter so no.

Bills Juggernaut
09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Typo just can't admit Opi was right.

Michael82
09-14-2009, 09:35 PM
If only we had those timeouts at the end of the game that we wasted... :sigh:

imbondz
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
we should never have needed those freakin' timeouts. it's not about that, it's about how ******ed the Bills are, the coaching staff, and how we can't close a game out. No other team would have let this happen except maybe the Bengals.

BB4LIFE
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
like it would even matter..

Thurmal
09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
like it would even matter..
Exactly. We would've just missed the FG at the end.

Coach Sal
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Bumping this thread to point out something related that just happened.

Pats-Jets. LESS THAN 5 MINUTES into the game, the Jets had a 3rd and 26. The Pats called a timeout because they didn't have the right personnel on the field.

But, of course, that's "good coaching" by Bellichick, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier in the thread, there are plenty of things to gripe about with DJ. Using the timeout he did which started this thread is not one of them, and a ridiculously petty complaint.