PDA

View Full Version : This team has taken all the fun out of watching football

OpIv37
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
They can't get it right- EVER. One less mistake and they win this game- that's all there is to it. But they NEVER pull out wins like this. We can't make the playoffs and we can't even pull off a big regular season win every 2 or 3 years (Dallas, this game, Pitt at the end of '04, etc).

I have really forgotten what it feels like to win.

Akhippo
09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I was ready for a pissy night after a blowout. Then the Bills pull me back with solid play. Then I figured they would still lose but at least they played solid and were in it to the end. (I still have an expect to lose mentality). Then the Bills pull me back... Just to make sure they get that dagger stabbed deep into the heart and make it a Really Pissy night by blowing a win with stupidity. THANKS BUFFALO, now i pissy AND exhausted.

guy
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
They can't get it right- EVER. One less mistake and they win this game- that's all there is to it. But they NEVER pull out wins like this. We can't make the playoffs and we can't even pull off a big regular season win every 2 or 3 years (Dallas, this game, Pitt at the end of '04, etc).

I have really forgotten what it feels like to win. why dont you idiots go root for another team?

yordad
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
"This team has taken all the fun out of watching football" = UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR

Nighthawk
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
why dont you idiots go root for another team?

Because we want to educate people like you, who it's obvious, doesn't have a clue about football!

TacklingDummy
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
That game was fun to watch, the ending just sucked.

cocamide
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
i've been holding in the emotions all night. i never once got excited and i never once got pissed off, but i can't bottle the emotions up much longer. i need to go break something.

JD
09-14-2009, 09:59 PM
**** you

christhebillsfan783
09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
That game was fun to watch, the ending just sucked.
I think that should be put on the front of a shirt and on the back say 7-9 forever. i cant stand this **** anymore. rips your heart out year after year.

Oaf
09-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Oak/Jax last year? :idunno: Then we play the Browns game.

Joe Fo Sho
09-14-2009, 10:05 PM

Is this guy serious?

Go pound salt brother. We have every right ro say, **** this team and this game and this owner, and then come back next week and cheer our ***es off.

So why don't you go fly a kite.

Dr. Pepper
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM

notre dame, sabres, bills, and nationals.... yikes, i feel for you....

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM

Why did you even watch the game?? You wrote them off months ago REALIST.

Billz_fan
09-14-2009, 10:07 PM

A lurker chimes in :laughter:

Throne Logic
09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
I was ready for a pissy night after a blowout. Then the Bills pull me back. Then I figured I we would still lose but at least we played solid and were in it to the end. (I still have a expect to lose mentality). Then the Bills pull me back... Just to make sure they get that dagger stabbed deep into the heart and make it a Really Pissy night by blowing a win with stupidity. THANKS BUFFALO, now i pissy AND exhausted.

This is EXACTLY how I felt. Went so far as to explain this situation in the first half to my wife. How I just can't get excited yet because the just seem to find ways to rip my heart out at least a few times each season.

Yet, here we are with 4 minutes left and up by 11 points. I let myself get excited. I started thinking how nice it was going to feel to actually shock the world for a change.

God, at this point, I really don't think I can ever truly enjoy a game again. I will, from this point forward, as a self-defense mechanism, in the back of my mind believe they will find a way to loose.

I feel physically ill.

THATHURMANATOR
09-14-2009, 10:14 PM
A lurker chimes in :laughter:
A F ag lurker

trapezeus
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
i did the same thing. i held my breathe and at the 4th quarter and 11 point lead...i thought it was ggoing to happen for us. **** the patriots and the cheating horse they rode in on.

Jauron must go. rinse and repeat. Jauron must go

TheBrownBear
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
You know how I know it's bad? The pain of this unbelievable (ok, who am I kidding - wholly believable at this point) loss began to abate within an hour of turning off the tv.

OP is right. The Bills have taken the fun out of football for me. I'm numb to losing at this point.

Thurmal
09-14-2009, 10:43 PM

You know what the worst part is? I couldn't even enjoy the first 55 mins of that game (which were great) b/c, in the back of my mind, I couldn't stop asking myself, "How will they blow it this time?" You just KNEW that they wouldn't be able to hold on.

I actually said after the Jackson TD, when I was getting calls from friends, "Hey, it ain't over yet. If there is one team in the league that could find a way to lose this game, it's the Bills." Swear to God.

raphael120
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
You know what the worst part is? I couldn't even enjoy the first 55 mins of that game (which were great) b/c, in the back of my mind, I couldn't stop asking myself, "How will they blow it this time?" You just KNEW that they wouldn't be able to hold on.

I actually said after the Jackson TD, when I was getting calls from friends, "Hey, it ain't over yet. If there is one team in the league that could find a way to lose this game, it's the Bills." Swear to God.

I was the same way. I said "i know theyre ahead but I just know they're going to screw it up like the cowboys game again"

then the fumble happened...and i knew at that point, it was over.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Who the **** are you?

What you don't understand, my friend, is that anyone who is obsessed enough with the Bills, and masochistic enough to talk about them on a freakin' message board every day (check the post counts) understands that THERE IS NO OTHER TEAM TO ROOT FOR. These "idiots" root for this team with all their hearts.

Fandom does not preclude criticism.

Thurmal
09-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I was the same way. I said "i know theyre ahead but I just know they're going to screw it up like the cowboys game again"

then the fumble happened...and i knew at that point, it was over.

Exactly, the moment McKelvin fumbled, I honestly would've bet my entire savings account, car, whatever that NE would score almost immediately and win the game.

I was wrong about one thing, however. I thought we would get far enough down the field to miss a potential game-winning field goal. The hook and ladder play where it looked like they might have a chance to score was a nice change of pace, though.

The Juice Is Loose
09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Because we want to educate people like you, who it's obvious, doesn't have a clue about football!

one point game
the fear new england patriots
in a stadium that they rarely ever lose in (they only play us there once a year they do it to 7 other teams every year)

oh no its the end of the world. your a bunch of girls.

YOUR the one who doesn't know about football.

Tatonka
09-14-2009, 10:51 PM
This is EXACTLY how I felt. Went so far as to explain this situation in the first half to my wife. How I just can't get excited yet because the just seem to find ways to rip my heart out at least a few times each season.

Yet, here we are with 4 minutes left and up by 11 points. I let myself get excited. I started thinking how nice it was going to feel to actually shock the world for a change.

God, at this point, I really don't think I can ever truly enjoy a game again. I will, from this point forward, as a self-defense mechanism, in the back of my mind believe they will find a way to loose.

I feel physically ill.

i pretty much feel the same.. to make it worse.. i just went back and watched the last 5 minutes of the game to really twist the knife.. i wanted to see butler blow it on the first sack.. then wood blow it on the 2nd incompletion then bell blow the last one..

i fully expected to lose.. i actually expected to lose BIG.. hell, i put money on the pats.. just to ease my pain when they got blown out.. but with 4 minutes left.. i truly thought.. just don't screw up.. and even after the pats scored.. i thought.. we are ok.. just kneel.. just kneel.. oh ****.. run .. wait.. go down.. go down.. oh god.. no .. please tell me his knee was down.. please god.. please.. oh ****..

then i realized what was going to happen.. and the pain of the loss was so much worse than had they gotten blown out.. i had already allowed myself to think about how big an impact a win in new england could mean for our season..

i can actually say i really feel physicaly ill.. it has been a while.. but at 34 years old.. i don't normally carry a loss with me for days like i did as a kid.. but this one.. this one will bother me all week.. no question.. about as painful a way to start a season as i can remember..

oh yeah.. and pos is hurt.. after playign awesome.. he is hurt. super.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 05:01 PM

Because I'm a real fan and I can watch the team even when they suck, unlike you- who has to convince yourself that the team is better than it is to stay loyal.

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 05:12 PM
one point game
in a stadium that they rarely ever lose in (they only play us there once a year they do it to 7 other teams every year)

It was still an ultimate choke job and it was still a loss.

The O only scored 17 and Edwards couldn't find a WR to save his life. Bell was brutal. The team relied way too heavily on Jackson.

The blitzes and coverages on D were way too predictable. I could call where Brady was going with the ball pretty much every time because the holes in the coverage were so obvious.

Other than Lindell and one punt by Moorman, S/T sucked. They gave up two big KO returns, fumbled a KO return at a crucial moment, muffed a punt, and committed a penalty on a punt return.

If we had pulled off the win, I'd be celebrating and not worrying about this stuff just yet. But make no mistake about it- this team still has a LOT of issues. Almost not losing to NE doesn't make them go away.

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 07:39 PM

it doesn't work though. they don't want to hear the truth. they're the type of fans who say "i told you so" when it's 10 years too late.

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 07:41 PM
one point game

i would take Nighthawk's opinion about football over yours. at least he knows how to spell it out. :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 07:54 PM
i would take Nighthawk's opinion about football over yours. at least he knows how to spell it out. :rolleyes:

SAB, You've just got to laugh at certain posters on this board!

Scumbag College
09-15-2009, 08:02 PM
You know, I went to bed about three minutes after the end of the game last night, absolutely despondent. I woke up this morning, went through my morning routine, and told some people that the Bills and I have "broken up" and I can't watch them anymore. Like a bad relationship, I've been hurt too many times....

However, less that 24 hours after the end of the game last night I can't wait until Sunday afternoon and really think the Bills are going to win against the Yuckaneers.

Does that make me crazy, stupid, glutton for punishment, or just a fan?

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
SAB, You've just got to laugh at certain posters on this board!

i only laugh when they say something funny, not something stupid.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM

The realist lives in reality. We lost the game. So what did homerism get you?

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Because I'm a real fan and I can watch the team even when they suck, unlike you- who has to convince yourself that the team is better than it is to stay loyal.

Had a bunch of people at my house last night. We are sitting at the bar and we are getting more and more stoked up. I have a co-worder from Buffalo who lives down here and after we went up 11 points he looks at everybody and says "I still think we are going to lose the game". The non Bills fans start telling him he's crazy and I'm like "dude, I think we have this one".

When I saw McKelvin take the ball out of the endzone I knew he was going to fumble. I just had a gut that he didn't understand the importance of that moment.

I am still hungover, my wife is pissed at me, and I never said goodnight to anyone. So people are free to ***** here and if you don't like you can leave and find another fan site!!

OpIv37
09-15-2009, 08:20 PM

being a fan is irrational by definition, but for fans of some teams, it's far more rewarding than for fans of other teams.

When it comes to Buffalo, the Bills must have the worst "fan-support-to-success" ratio in the league.

SABURZFAN
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
You know, I went to bed about three minutes after the end of the game last night, absolutely despondent. I woke up this morning, went through my morning routine, and told some people that the Bills and I have "broken up" and I can't watch them anymore. Like a bad relationship, I've been hurt too many times....

However, less that 24 hours after the end of the game last night I can't wait until Sunday afternoon and really think the Bills are going to win against the Yuckaneers.

all of the above. you're not alone so don't feel bad. we feel your pain too.

JD
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Had a bunch of people at my house last night. We are sitting at the bar and we are getting more and more stoked up. I have a co-worder from Buffalo who lives down here and after we went up 11 points he looks at everybody and says "I still think we are going to lose the game". The non Bills fans start telling him he's crazy and I'm like "dude, I think we have this one".

When I saw McKelvin take the ball out of the endzone I knew he was going to fumble. I just had a gut that he didn't understand the importance of that moment.

I am still hungover, my wife is pissed at me, and I never said goodnight to anyone. So people are free to ***** here and if you don't like you can leave and find another fan site!!

I was at my buddys party, about 12 of us were there.. going absolutely ****ing crazy. We kept saying things like "Is this really ****ing happening" and "Holy ****ing ****".... it's quite ironic, because we said the same exact **** when they scored 2 TD's late in the game.
:anvil:

trapezeus
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
during the Mckelvin return, i remember thinking, "ahhh, the kicked it off. just down it." Then Mckelvin caught it stuttered, and though my brain was saying, "just down it, i was like, "Take it to the house leodis. Run!!!" Then as he past the twenty all i said, was "get down, getdown, getdown. get down. MOther......" And i blacked out. I came to with brady at the 30.

So i'm guilty like Mckelvin. i knew he shouldn't return it, but the second he moved i was like, "DO IT!" i just wish he ran towards a sideline and just jumped out prior to contact. Perhaps he learned his lesson.

OpIv37
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM

When it was 24-13, my friend (who's a Dolphins fan but also hates the Pats) texted me about how the Bills were putting on a good show. I wrote back "It's not over yet- don't forget about the Dallas game two years ago." Sure enough.....

But I have to confess- when it was 24-13, for a few brief moments I thought they might win.... and then I thought, what do I do? Do I jump up and yell? Do I call someone? Do I go on the Internet and talk **** to anyone and everyone who's ever dissed the team? And then it occurred to me: it's been so long since we've won anything significant, that I really have forgotten what it feels like. I've forgotten what to do.

And that was the impetus for this thread.

THATHURMANATOR
09-18-2009, 07:06 PM
You are a weird guy. At least you like OnA.