PDA

View Full Version : The offensive line.

BillsWin
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Made stupid mistakes penalty wise, but played rather well against a good defensive line.

yordad
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Except for Bell, they played awesome. FIRE JAURON!

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 09:48 PM
I like this OL. Growing pains but at least they're not fat slobs who can't push. It's because of the athleticism of the Ol that we FINALLY ran awsome screen plays.

Crisis
09-14-2009, 09:48 PM
i was really impressed by hangart and the two rookies

Philagape
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Four of the five played very well. Bell was a disaster.

Lexwhat
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Made stupid mistakes penalty wise, but played rather well against a good defensive line.

You have to also take into account that they had no Richard Seymour and no Jarod Mayo.

I agree they played fine (except for Bell), but their Front-7 is not the usual Patriots one we've seen the past few years.

TacklingDummy
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM

I'm not sure if NE defense should be considered "good" right now. They have a lot to prove.

BillsWin
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Bell was beat once or twice, but committed way too many penalties. It was his first start. I'll give him a few more games before I throw him under the bus myself.

Hangnarter was great. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a center.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure if NE defense should be considered "good" right now. They have a lot to prove.
I agree. The giants Dl looks to be the nastiest

BSXIII
09-14-2009, 09:56 PM
The Patriots are no better than average on either side of the line at this point. But still, the Bills really outplayed them on both sides of the ball. Should be encouraging, especially for the new o-line.

lmcshadow
09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
I liked what i see out of the OL tonight.. It seems with a new leader in AVP some new fire was ignited....All I can say is BOOM:boom: :blowup: Get out the way here comes the Bills...........BOYEEEE!!

psubills62
09-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I think a lot of you are underestimating the Pats DL. They weren't great in the preseason, but Jarvis Green is a pretty good starter himself. Vince Wilfork is a great 3-4 DT...and they put another DT alongside of him? I'm surprised that Hangartner and our guards handled them as well as they did.

justasportsfan
09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
they palyed well other than the penalties but I wouldn't call NE's DL good the way they played tonight. The Pats aren't going anywhere if their DL plays the way all year.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
The interior line played really well tonight.

I was impressed with Hangartner, especially the way he got way outside and threw a nice block on that one screen play.

TigerJ
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Bell had a rough game, but he's still pretty early on a steep learning curve. He's going to get better and probably at a fairly rapid pace. I think by midseason, he'll actually be pretty good.

ddaryl
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm shocked at the disgust towards Bell

He was not that bad overalll... He deserves the tougue lashing, but overall Trent had time to throw and Jackson was able to make plays..

I honestly don't get that considering it was our FO and coaches that went with the Walker experiment till 10 days ago.. They should of known better and gave all the 1st team reps to Bell the whole training camp.... Instead he works with the 1st team for our 4th and 5th preseason games... That is the problem at this point IMO...

the reports tommorow will state the same IMO

mysticsoto
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM

He was not that bad overalll... He deserves the tougue lashing, but overall Trent had time to throw and Jackson was able to make plays..

I honestly don't get that considering it was our FO and coaches that went with the Walker experiment till 10 days ago.. They should of known better and gave all the 1st team reps to Bell the whole training camp.... Instead he works with the 1st team for our 4th and 5th preseason games... That is the problem at this point IMO...

the reports tommorow will state the same IMO

It's the anger talking. Next week, I think Bell will correct those mistakes and they'll change their tune. I still expect to see him blow some blocks occasionally, but stupid illegal formation penalties need to go away fast!!!

BillsWin
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
We have a center people!!!

Philagape
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I think Bell will correct those mistakes and they'll change their tune.

Then it's Bell changing his tune. The players set the tone for the tunes we sing.

Philagape
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM

He deserves the tougue lashing

which is it?