PDA

View Full Version : My Observations on Offense

Prov401
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Firstly, AVP called a wonderful game.

Secondly, Trent played smart, and was deadly accurate. On top of that, he showed some great zip on passes, which suprised me. That thread the needle pass to Reed early on was down right sexy, although it was negated. I counted 4 drops from the Bills. 1 on Owens, Evans (granted he got lit up), Jackson, and Nelson.

Our interior O-Line played incredible. A+++

Honestly, Bell didn't do as bad as what everyone is saying. He had 3 penalties, which deffinitley killed a couple of drives, and gave up a couple of sacks. No, not all-star play, but the sacks came at such critical times, and that is why they stand out. Take those penalties away, and Bell played pretty good.

Lastly, Fred Jackson played his heart out and deserves a week off of practice.

Ingtar33
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
does anyone remember Wys saying "if you take away the two long runs... "

whenever i read something like this, that poster from so long ago pops straight to mind

sadly, those penalties and sacks all contribute to the final score. the final score doesn't happen independent of things like that. you cant "take away" the bad plays when they ALWAYS contribute to the final score.

did bell fumble? no... but his penalties and sacks probably cost us points... and when you lose by 1, you can't afford it.

Goobylal
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Bell didn't allow 2 TD's in the last 5 minutes and didn't fumble the ball on the kick return.

Throne Logic
09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
did bell fumble? no... but his penalties and sacks probably cost us points... and when you lose by 1, you can't afford it.

You could make even more basic. Bell's penalties killed drives. Perhaps there might have only been 2 minutes on the clock when Brady started off trying to erase the 11 point lead. . .

And yes, I remember Wys' posts. "Just take out the 75 yard play and he only averaged 1.4 yards per carry". Captain Overstat.

BillsWin
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
The Bills looked like a competent, competitive football team for the first time since the Chargers game last season.

One mistake took the victory away from us. We will be a much better team from this I think. No one expected us to beat the Pats, but we hit them in the mouth and pretty much said, not so fast the Bills can play.

Like I said, I will stick by my 10-6 prediction until we lose 7 games, and I tell you something else, if we come out and light up Tampa and possibly squeeze a win away from New Orleans, I will change that prediction to 11-5 or maybe even 12-4.

For three and a half quarters it looked like we had a top 10 defense.

TigerJ
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
does anyone remember Wys saying "if you take away the two long runs... "

whenever i read something like this, that poster from so long ago pops straight to mind

sadly, those penalties and sacks all contribute to the final score. the final score doesn't happen independent of things like that. you cant "take away" the bad plays when they ALWAYS contribute to the final score.

On one hand, I agree with you, the penalties and other mistakes can't be subtracted from his game when you grade him. However, I do think he's going to get better, and probably pretty quickly. I'l bet he grades out better next week and the week after too.