PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of loss 90% of this board

billsTOfan
09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
expected us to score less than 10 pts and not compete.

Admit it, Buffalo played tough and better than you ever thought.

I don't care about the Total yards and This was Tom's first game.

We played better than you expected in the Loss

Novacane
09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
They did play better than I thought they would. I have hope they may be able to get to 7-9 again now :up:

BillsWin
09-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I was dead on with my prediction up until the final few minutes. 24-21 Bills, Ive been saying it for three months and the game came very close to being 24-19 to end the thing.

It was a great game I thought. It was a great way to begin the 2009 NFL MNF season.

It just sucks that the Bills couldnt pull out the win.

I tell you what though, the Bills have a winnable game vs. Tampa this week and to be honest, Drew Brees scares me, but the Saints as a team do not.

Just have to play a little more disciplined.

Edwards made me eat some crow tonight. Just a little crow, he needs to be consistent.

billsTOfan
09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
They can build on this loss. Use it as a building block like the NY football Giants did versus NE in regular season loss. They then beat there asses in SB.

NE got exposed. They are not the Pound for pound BEST. They have a suspect DEFENSE. And the Run game is weak. And Tom showed he does not like Contact more than ever before.

billsTOfan
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Trent played very good.

Thurmal
09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I wouldve preferred a blowout. Tired of having my heart broken.

Prov401
09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I wouldve preferred a blowout. Tired of having my heart broken.

I said the same thing.

But when the dust settles, Buffalo played their hearts out, and I Billieved the whole week. I knew the Pats were ripe for the picking, and we gave it to them.

Buffalo lost to Buffalo tonight.

Billz_fan
09-14-2009, 11:59 PM
"The Board" would have been alot better off if either the Bills won or if they lost in a blowout. The way the game went got even the most realistic fan thinking we might just win. When we found a way to lose the "realists" (me included) had our intensity almost doubled.

With either of the first 2 out comes the board just keeps going normally. Realists vs homers. With the out come we got it's turned to war :laughter:

trapezeus
09-15-2009, 12:06 AM
so what, they still lost. and made it even worse. if they would have been just blown out it would have been easier to deal with and would end this stupid jauron experiment, but we'll have team apologists making excuses why it'll be different the following week and why we still have a chance.

this team is destined for failure every week until jauron is gone.

TheBrownBear
09-15-2009, 12:11 AM
I'll admit it. I was very impressed/surprised by the performance tonight until the 5:28 mark of quarter 4. I liked how Trent marched us down the field for the TD that put us up two scores that should have iced the game. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Overall, I thought the offense did well. If not for those penalties and the dropped balls, this offense would have put up a very respectable 350 or so yards.

Still, the Bills found a way to lose. Until they get that winning mentality, we'll suffer as fans.

Billz_fan
09-15-2009, 12:15 AM
so what, they still lost. and made it even worse. if they would have been just blown out it would have been easier to deal with and would end this stupid jauron experiment, but we'll have team apologists making excuses why it'll be different the following week and why we still have a chance.

this team is destined for failure every week until jauron is gone.

You'll get no arguement from me on that bro. I never wanted the guy here to begin with.

feldspar
09-15-2009, 02:43 AM

I wasn't one of the guys that was talking like that.

What do you have to console ME with?

jamze132
09-15-2009, 02:57 AM
I'll admit, the Bills played better overall than I expected against NE, but the same types of errors and mental mistakes which have led to three straight 7-9 seasons were right there again. Our O-line **** the bed when we needed them most.

Ingtar33
09-15-2009, 03:17 AM

and? yes they played better... but the pats also played much... MUCH worse then i expected. Tom was rusty.. the pats dropped passes, their run D was horrible.

yet they still won.

I don't believe in "morel" victories.. we lost. Was it as bad as i expected? no. we didn't get embarrassed.. yet im still upset.

im upset we lost.

if you're happy they didn't get blasted then you shouldn't be a fan.

YardRat
09-15-2009, 05:20 AM
The score was certainly closer than I expected, but the results are still the same.

0-1 and counting...

Commissioner
09-15-2009, 06:29 AM
I was dead on with my prediction up until the final few minutes. 24-21 Bills, Ive been saying it for three months and the game came very close to being 24-19 to end the thing.

It was a great game I thought. It was a great way to begin the 2009 NFL MNF season.

It just sucks that the Bills couldnt pull out the win.

I tell you what though, the Bills have a winnable game vs. Tampa this week and to be honest, Drew Brees scares me, but the Saints as a team do not.

Just have to play a little more disciplined.

Edwards made me eat some crow tonight. Just a little crow, he needs to be consistent.

There were times when i thought Trent looked like Manning at the line. Not sure how much audibling he was actually doing but seemed like he had the team in the right play most of the time.

We could of had more success on offense if Lee Evans hangs onto the long 3rd down reception, and TO does the same, i think Nelson had one also when Trent was scrambling and tossed it before he crossed the line of scrimmage. Josh Reed also had a would be 3rd down completion if not for a penalty.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2009, 06:30 AM
NO MORAL VICTORIES!!!

That's my new mantra.