• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsTOfan
    Also know as "The Popcorn"
    • Jul 2009

Regardless of loss 90% of this board

expected us to score less than 10 pts and not compete.

Admit it, Buffalo played tough and better than you ever thought.

I don't care about the Total yards and This was Tom's first game.

We played better than you expected in the Loss
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Regardless of loss 90% of this board

They did play better than I thought they would. I have hope they may be able to get to 7-9 again now

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I was dead on with my prediction up until the final few minutes. 24-21 Bills, Ive been saying it for three months and the game came very close to being 24-19 to end the thing.

It was a great game I thought. It was a great way to begin the 2009 NFL MNF season.

It just sucks that the Bills couldnt pull out the win.

I tell you what though, the Bills have a winnable game vs. Tampa this week and to be honest, Drew Brees scares me, but the Saints as a team do not.

Just have to play a little more disciplined.

Edwards made me eat some crow tonight. Just a little crow, he needs to be consistent.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• billsTOfan
        • Jul 2009

They can build on this loss. Use it as a building block like the NY football Giants did versus NE in regular season loss. They then beat there asses in SB.

NE got exposed. They are not the Pound for pound BEST. They have a suspect DEFENSE. And the Run game is weak. And Tom showed he does not like Contact more than ever before.

Comment

• billsTOfan
          • Jul 2009

Trent played very good.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

I wouldve preferred a blowout. Tired of having my heart broken.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Prov401
              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Thurmal
              I wouldve preferred a blowout. Tired of having my heart broken.
              I said the same thing.

But when the dust settles, Buffalo played their hearts out, and I Billieved the whole week. I knew the Pats were ripe for the picking, and we gave it to them.

Buffalo lost to Buffalo tonight.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

"The Board" would have been alot better off if either the Bills won or if they lost in a blowout. The way the game went got even the most realistic fan thinking we might just win. When we found a way to lose the "realists" (me included) had our intensity almost doubled.

With either of the first 2 out comes the board just keeps going normally. Realists vs homers. With the out come we got it's turned to war
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

so what, they still lost. and made it even worse. if they would have been just blown out it would have been easier to deal with and would end this stupid jauron experiment, but we'll have team apologists making excuses why it'll be different the following week and why we still have a chance.

this team is destined for failure every week until jauron is gone.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

I'll admit it. I was very impressed/surprised by the performance tonight until the 5:28 mark of quarter 4. I liked how Trent marched us down the field for the TD that put us up two scores that should have iced the game. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Overall, I thought the offense did well. If not for those penalties and the dropped balls, this offense would have put up a very respectable 350 or so yards.

Still, the Bills found a way to lose. Until they get that winning mentality, we'll suffer as fans.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      so what, they still lost. and made it even worse. if they would have been just blown out it would have been easier to deal with and would end this stupid jauron experiment, but we'll have team apologists making excuses why it'll be different the following week and why we still have a chance.

this team is destined for failure every week until jauron is gone.
                      You'll get no arguement from me on that bro. I never wanted the guy here to begin with.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by billsTOfan

I wasn't one of the guys that was talking like that.

What do you have to console ME with?

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I'll admit, the Bills played better overall than I expected against NE, but the same types of errors and mental mistakes which have led to three straight 7-9 seasons were right there again. Our O-line **** the bed when we needed them most.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsTOfan

and? yes they played better... but the pats also played much... MUCH worse then i expected. Tom was rusty.. the pats dropped passes, their run D was horrible.

yet they still won.

I don't believe in "morel" victories.. we lost. Was it as bad as i expected? no. we didn't get embarrassed.. yet im still upset.

im upset we lost.

if you're happy they didn't get blasted then you shouldn't be a fan.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

The score was certainly closer than I expected, but the results are still the same.

0-1 and counting...
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X