PDA

View Full Version : I'm Encouraged

mchurchfie
09-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Despite the meltdown tonight it looks like we will have a halfway competitive team. I don't think we will make the POs based on the toughness of this division and this teams shortcomings it still has in areas, but I was very encouraged with Trent Edward's play tonight and the offense as a whole. Trent still needs to be a little more aware of taking sacks when he is in FG range, he took two tonight. Left tackle was atrocious tonight, #77 took four penalties, one of which was turned down and he gave up a bad sack at the end. Hopefully that stabilizes through the year. We finally have what looks to be a playmaking TE in #89. I would leave Jackson in at starting RB even when Lynch comes back. He makes much better decisions with the ball. Another thing I was encouraged about was that we were getting running yardage up the middle. I think we have the makings of a very good Oline. On defense Schobel looks like he is the real deal again and Maybin also. However, as long as we run that Cover two with the current DC we are going to continue to be disappointed at the end of games just like we were tonight. Too much pitch and catch and being dictated to by the oposing offfense , TOTALLY ****ING REDICULOUS. Perry is a bigtime choker when it is crunchtime. That being said, I think we will be able to stomach at least most of the games this year and see some competitive football.

billsTOfan
09-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I agree. AVP, Trent, Jax.

I'm not nervous bout Lynch missing games either now.

Novacane
09-15-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree. They did a lot better than I thought they would. Trent looked a lot better. He does need to start using his WR's more. I hope that will come.

On your Perry Fewel and cover 2 point. Could not agree more but it's Dick's fault we're running the cover 2.

Dujek
09-15-2009, 03:33 AM
If we'd sacked the DC along with the OC last week we'd probably have won the game. The prevent D sucks against a QB like Brady, he'll sit back there and pick you apart.

I certainly expect the Bills to win the next two and have a winning record for Marshawn's return.

Night Train
09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
This is team setting up nicely for the next coach. We'll look very attractive to a quality candidate and it's up to Ralph to pay him.

Many fantastic efforts undercut by extremely poor scheming. How often to we need to win in spite of our coach ?

Dujek
09-15-2009, 05:39 AM
This is team setting up nicely for the next coach. We'll look very attractive to a quality candidate and it's up to Ralph to pay him.

Many fantastic efforts undercut by extremely poor scheming. How often to we need to win in spite of our coach ?

I'll tell you that at the end of the season, but last year it was 7 games won in spite of crappy coaching.

shelby
09-15-2009, 06:01 AM
How refreshing that people are pointing out the positives! No one expected us as 11 point underdogs to go into Foxborough and lead the majority of the game, and end up losing by one measly point.

i was pleased with AVP last night. Trent seemed calm and poised. Freddy Jax was simply outstanding. Our defense did a decent job, although once Brady got more comfortable he was able to dink and dunk at will.

Overall i was expecting the Bills to perform much more poorly. Let's build on the positive and work to correct the negative and kick some Buccaneers' ass next Sunday!

:gobills:

BAM
09-15-2009, 07:26 AM
I thought the game plan was executed to near perfection up until about 5 minutes remaining. VERY encouraging for this season. Obviously it SUCKS to lose like that but to play the Pats like that on a national stage is something we haven't done in a long time. I'm getting very excited about this season!!

mchurchfie
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Someone needs to take the over for Perry the last 5 minutes of games. He chokes bad under duress.

madness
09-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm definitely encouraged but the defense worries me without Poz and Kelsay.

As much crap Kelsay gets here, the pressure definitely went down a notch after he left. I certainly didn't expect him to play big as our #1 DE last year but the bar was raised when he moved back to his natural spot.

The absense of Poz's leadership and presence was pretty noticeable after his injury. There seemed to be an intensity about the D which reminded me back to his Penn State days. Plus, Poz was everywhere before his injury.

McKelvin still has a way to go as a CB but he will only get better by being on the field.

Our defense has to stay healthy this year!

T.O. is dangerous... to our team if he's not getting the ball. He looked agitated quite a few times and at one time Trent was yelling a changed play to him and either couldn't hear him or purposely failed to acknowledge him.

Getting that out of the way....

OL did a great job considering how raw they were. Hopefully they can build off their mistakes and play even better next week (Especially Bell). It was a beautiful thing to see our OL pulling and cutting and getting into the second level and they are as nasty as advertised. I recall numerous times seeing one of our guys driving a Pat defender into the ground.

Trent managed the game very well although I would have liked to see him a few more chances getting the ball to T.O. and Evans even though they were completely blanketed for most of the game.

Nelson a bunch of rookie mistakes but his willingness to block has once again impressed me.

Donte is still adjusting to FS so the timing to make big plays is still a few steps off but he came up quite a few times to big stops.

Fred Jackson is my ****ing hero. Marshawn better buy him dinner or something to thank him for stepping up in his absence.

Excellent job by the coaching staff preparing for this game. We hurt ourselves more than the Patriots hurt our no-huddle. I was loving the TV shots of Wilfork sweating balls while huffing and puffing. Defense was looking very good up until the injuries.

I was in disbelief on Schobel's INT for a TD. My wife was cracking up at my expression as I my whole body just spoke "Did that **** really just happen?" I'm so glad he's back.

JD
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I thought the game plan was executed to near perfection up until about 5 minutes remaining. VERY encouraging for this season. Obviously it SUCKS to lose like that but to play the Pats like that on a national stage is something we haven't done in a long time. I'm getting very excited about this season!!

highlights?

Tatonka
09-15-2009, 11:19 AM
There are some other very good teams that are 0-1 right now.

BAM
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
highlights?
?