PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day, Groundhog

Meathead
09-15-2009, 05:07 AM
when even the most improbable things happen over and over again they cease to be attributable to chance

la-hoozer coach. la-hoozer team

but this wasnt dicks fault, it was the player. besides, they did a lot better than anybody expected and this will show them how to win in the future
if your players keep making boneheaded mistakes game after game, season after season, crushing defeat after crushing defeat, yeah you bet your ass the coach is responsible

did the loss to dallas show them how to win? did the losses to cleveland show them how to win?

with other coaches players may be 'learning to win'. with this coach they are doing exactly what they are conditioned to do by repeated example: just enough to lose. over and over and over and over again

it ceased to be random chance long ago. this was just another strong confirmation that some coaches are born losers and he is one of them

mark my words, we will see this movie again. the pattern has been established

pls lord make me dickless. again

YardRat
09-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Good point.

Obviously it's rubbing off on April...I can't believe he didn't tell Leodis to take a knee.

Meathead
09-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Does a player really need to be told not to fumble? You can't coach a player on the fundamentals of football before every football play. He should have known better.
yes, yes you can

perhaps not immediately before that play, but the whole point of a DISCIPLINED team is to know that stuff in advance - you want to run it out fine but when an opponent gets within five feet drop to the ground like goldilocks getting shot by a sniper

this is a team that knows exactly just enough to barely lose. over and over and over and over again. thats a pattern, its a burned in trait of this team. and im personally convinced it comes from a very smart nice man who is a horrible hc

fire dick

HHURRICANE
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
I've defend Dick Jauron to the hill here. His teams play hard and probably better than they should.

But to lose a game like this falls on the coach. Maybe stone face could walk over to McKelvin and say "dummy, potect the ball".

Assuming your players are so prepared that you don't have to remind them or stress important keys is just plain stupid.

ddaryl
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Dick Jauwrong must go

Meathead
09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Dickie seems to be just fine with McKelvin's game losing mistake. Here's an excerpt from a Buffalo News article posted this AM;

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/795564.html

"I have no problem with Leodis coming out with that ball," Jauron said. "He's trying to win a football game. Somehow it came out of there. ... It's one of those things that happens. ... He plays the game hard, and he's a guy who can take it the distance."

If the Head Coach doesn't understand why this was a horrible mistake on McKelvin's part, especially because that single play cost them the victory, and if he doesn't understand that perhaps Special Teams should have played it more conservative for that one play (where Buffalo is trying to kill the clock instead of score) then this team is hopeless.

Hopeless. The team will never have a winning record with such clueless leadership.

completely agree

the dick needed to come out and say something like i know he was trying to make a play but that wasnt the situation to take any chances like that. he simply cant make that play there and we are going to have to do something to address that

he doesnt have to crush a young players spirit but he certainly and absolutely must instill accountability and discipline. and since i know he wont, we will continue to see these situations occur as they have been consistently occurring for three seasons and counting

for the love of all thats going to keep me from kicking my own nuts in, fire the gosh damned dick please do it just do it pls pls pls pls plssssss

Nighthawk
09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
when even the most improbable things happen over and over again they cease to be attributable to chance

la-hoozer coach. la-hoozer team

if your players keep making boneheaded mistakes game after game, season after season, crushing defeat after crushing defeat, yeah you bet your ass the coach is responsible

did the loss to dallas show them how to win? did the losses to cleveland show them how to win?

with other coaches players may be 'learning to win'. with this coach they are doing exactly what they are conditioned to do by repeated example: just enough to lose. over and over and over and over again

it ceased to be random chance long ago. this was just another strong confirmation that some coaches are born losers and he is one of them

mark my words, we will see this movie again. the pattern has been established

pls lord make me dickless. again

Ha, ha...so true and I'm with you 100%!

PECKERWOOD
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Groundhog Day spammed a million times was enough for me to thank this thread, lol.